Youtube

Thread: Youtube

Default Youtube

I\'m bad at technology. I should know this, but I dont. Is there any way to get videos from youtube onto my ipod?
    Because there are videos there that I obviously cant buy on itunes that would be nice to have available. Thanks.

Programs such as Realplayer allow you to download .flv videos from sites such as Youtube, but im not sure if ipod will play those.
    You may need to convert them to .mkv files or whatever the ipod plays

You can download them straight to an iPod touch or iPhone using the app iwoopie.

Peace and love...

actually would like to add to this question, is there a way to download embedded files full stop? not to my ipod

Originally posted by matty1001
    You can download them straight to an iPod touch or iPhone using the app iwoopie.

Peace and love...
    Thanks, but I have a nano... :(
    I might try the other sugesstion though.

Originally posted by freakinacage
    actually would like to add to this question, is there a way to download embedded files full stop? not to my ipod
    .flv files? to your PC? see my previous post

Necroghast, I use Any Video Converter for my mobile needs, its pretty good & its free (even better)

but if it\'s embedded, how you you save it in realplayer?

In firefox you can use the downloadhelper addon to download videos.

Originally posted by freakinacage
    but if it\'s embedded, how you you save it in realplayer?
    hover your pointer over the video, you should see an option to download in the top right of the video screen

Originally posted by ronin412
    In firefox you can use the downloadhelper addon to download videos.
    This. Although sometimes it just turns embedded .mp3 files I download into macabre screeching.

Any Video Converter

Slap the URL of your Youtube videos in (as many as you like) and click download. You can then convert to all sorts of other formats including iPod friendly mp4. Cracking little app and free!

i shall be trying all of these later. thanks guys. gonna try and download that odst trailer

Another question- Is there any way to get dvds on to my Itunes to go on my Ipod?

videora ipod converter can put stuff on your ipod. its pretty good, and free.

you need a decrypter though to get it from the dvd. i shall check when i get home