Golden Daemon Model that didn\'t make it....

Thread: Golden Daemon Model that didn\'t make it....

Default Golden Daemon Model that didn\'t make it....

Hi all :)

I\'ve found that war-gaming/model-making is mainly a male dominated hobby. It\'s reflected in dioramas depicting torture and death to the production of miniatures of half naked slave girls. I have no issue with this. But it did for me raise a question. I wanted to see if people were just as excepting on subjects that haven’t seemed to be touched upon..In this gaming community anyway.

So I made a submission for the UK Golden Daemon 09. But at the last minute I was unable to make it. Even if it didn\'t win anything I would of been interested to see how it would do gone down. So I’d appreciate your views on my piece The Battle of Broke Back.

Cheers

I bet it would have been really interesting to see how it was received at GD and what people said about it. Great idea! :D

Sorta sums up how I feel about 40k. I bet you could eBay that for tons!

wow!!! that white dude is aggressive. wonder who is the bottomer or topper?

Is that a swastika on the helmet???

Looks like it says \"69\" to me.

hehe I could see this making a stir...

Originally posted by TheMasque
    Is that a swastika on the helmet???
    Definitely \"69\". I wonder whether it is...accidental :D.

Great idea. Painting though.... People would have a lot of fun (with some playing righteous indignation - which is always a fun to watch), but painting would probably bring it down. How did you want to enter it? As Open or as a Duel?

Tehee I actually had pretty much the same idea but with two other models. You beat me to it! :)

It\'s a 69 lol I thought the devil is in the detail.

I\'m thinking of doing a more subtle one with just two guardsmen holding hands skipping.

LOL!!!!!
    You\'ve made my day lol

Blog Entries

Originally posted by sillyface
    Hi all :)

I\'ve found that war-gaming/model-making is mainly a male dominated hobby. It\'s reflected in dioramas depicting torture and death to the production of miniatures of half naked slave girls. I have no issue with this. But it did for me raise a question. I wanted to see if people were just as excepting on subjects that haven’t seemed to be touched upon..In this gaming community anyway.

Cheers
    This hobby is all about war, so yeah violence is a predominant theme obviously! And everybody knows half naked slave girls are the spoils of war lol. I think what you have done here is great for a laugh, although the space marine on the toilet remains my fav funny mini. I could never take something like this seriously but it would be interesting to explore other avenues,yes, and I for one would like to hear of some alternative ideas if you have anything else in mind you were planning to paint. I might even be tempted to push my mind beyond blood, death and slave girls myself but I haven\'t picked up a paintbrush for a while so maybe not. Ohh, maybe a dying soldier in his final moments, surrounded by scattered photos of his family and his final letter to his loved one --- lying in a big pool of blood and being tended by some half naked slave nurse, whoops - my mind is so one track.

dfb

Blog Entries

If these guardsmen are true to their GW roots both will go away unsatisfied. No reacharounds for either.

Awesome idea! Love it!

awesome - that\'s what i call love :D

ROTFL! Brilliant!

absolutely brilliant!! LMAOlol