Less voting activity?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Less voting activity?

Default Less voting activity?

Hey guys,

Is it just me, or is voting activity way down? What I mean is I\'ve ahd a couple submissions sitting at 20ish votes for a week+, and ti used to take about a day and a half to hit fifty. Anyone else see this with their submissions? I had a link for them in the discussion forum as well.

Not at all a complaint, just an observation. Anyone else?

Tis true. Had a model stuck on 49 for a week!
    (I\'ll nip in and have a look at yours tomorrow at work, hopefully ;) )

Yeah, voting seems slow. Usually my stuff get 50 votes within a day. My latest one is still not there yet...

my latest hit 50 in two weeks!!!!

maybe need to publicise it more.....and then post more links in other forums

and then some more lol

I know that whenever I go on a vote spree through the gallery it seems that after I vote on one new mini I get sent into the void of randomness. More often then not I go from a new submission then hop scotch through 10-20 submissions that are 3 or more years old / have hundreds of votes or both. It may be a benificit if when voting the submissions focused more on under 50 minis and new posts as a sort of priority with older submissions on a lower frequency.

I know I could just click view a new submission then colse the window over an over but well I like most are lazy on the computer specially when I just want to relax and look at pretty pics for a bit.

Yes, but....

This two week coincided with various changes that Chern An was doing. I think the backlog could be partially responsible for this. In addition , you know two-weeks pf non-voting takes some time to parce through..

When I first time yelled about it (about a week ago) even 20-30 pages back I still saw minies with 20-25 votes on

I hate admitting this but I have not voted in months! I think I will cast some votes now to make up for it :beer: I will get everyone to at least 50 votes :D

I have noticed this as well as I have a number of submissions that are over 2 weeks old now and have barely scraped 30 votes.

The reason that the voting numbers seems to be down is due to the images that are linked when you vote by clicking through them. At present only the original browsed image is current, all others tend to be from months/years ago.... rather than the preference being given to newer posts that haven\'t reached 50 or more votes. And yes I did notice that this also happened at the same time that CA did the site revamp.

Methinks that there is a bug that needs to be sorted???

yeah, I was under the impression that it did give preference to newer pics, but maybe I was just dreaming...

I did a little test and voted on 20 postings just now. 19 of these were posted Oct 10 or 11 2009 (this Saturday or Sunday) and 1 was posted in 2004. Seems to me the algorithm is working as it should be.

Well I was secretly mucking about with it, but I\'ve returned it to normal :twisted:

Originally posted by Chern Ann
    Well I was secretly mucking about with it, but I\'ve returned it to normal :twisted:
    its a conspiracy i tell ya, a conspiracy - hes really reading our brain waves - off to buy tinfoil

lol alright ritual maybe my compfusor just works against me cuz outta 20 votes I got 9 between \'01-\'05, 7 from \'06-.08 and 4 from this year nd of those none were from after march.

oh well I may be in the minority on expierencing this. Though I can certainly see how the site improvement probally caused a nice lil backlog.

Just tried flicking through the voting links and out of 30 only 3 were from this year and none of them were under 50 votes. Either CA is fiddling again or I have the same problem as Friar... damn computers.. they\'re all out to get us don\'t you knowlol

Anybody thought about going to the front page and clicking on BROWSE GALLERY.

Surprisingly that will take you right to the most recent submissions. :innocent:

yeah DR I do that but like I said previously it gets kinda annoying to click a link maximize vote close window repeat to hit just recent submissions. I browse the gallery when I want to relax so I tend to be lazy and just vote on what comes up next.

Originally posted by Friar
    ............. it gets kinda annoying to click a link maximize vote close window repeat to hit just recent submissions.
    [sarcasm]
    :rolleyes:
    Such hard work.
    :rolleyes:
    [/sarcasm]

Well I\'ll get round to a \"vote for the latest stuff\" option after we\'re done with the forum upgrades.

::hangs his head in shame:: DR I know I\'m a lazy bugger sometimes but atleast I\'ll admit it. Though ease of use is what makes things happy and the smoother things flow the more enjoyable they are and everyone likes things to be fun an easy.

But I\'ll browse the gallery the long way till theres a better way :)

And thanks Chern the reason the site rocks is because of all of the time and energy you, borg, and all the mods put in. So a big thankyou for all of ya.

I stopped voting a long time ago. It got annoying when you posted something, only to have it taken down because it wasn\'t \'nice enough\'.

It is even more annoying when you aren\'t being mean.