Grammar and punctuation not required.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grammar and punctuation not required.

Default Grammar and punctuation not required.

got this in an email, bloody wierd but it works!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of
    100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.

Teh phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno\'t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Azanmig huh? yaeh adn I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Einion\'s gonna have a shit fit...

The theory is that if the first and last letters of a word is correct and all the appropriate letters are in there somewhere, the brain will reorganise things so that you can \"read\" the word (something to do with reading words as a unit rather than letter-by-letter). I seem to recall hearing that most people can \"read\" stuff written like this actually.

Edit: I saw the first few words and recognised the thing (seen it before elsewhere) and posted without actually bothering to read the rest. Then I read it properly and realised that I have almost word for word paraphrased what it says! How good am I? I don\'t even need to read the words to know what they say! :]lol

This is relatively old study and it is much more universal then this-mail claims. It is not, exactly this simple. Basically if you have first and last letter, the \"word\" contains at least half of the correct letter (not necessarily in order)and the length is the same and you read fluently your brain will parce things through, because essentially when you read you recognize patterns rather then read letter by letter. A kid, who is learning to read or a foreigner who is learning language do not have these patterns established yet and will not be able to \"read\" garbled text.

Paradoxically (well, not really), you actually need to know how to spell correctly and need that specific patter to correctly form in order to be able to read things like this.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

I could understand every word clearly but then I\'m noted for playing fast and loose with spelling.

I can also read upside down as fast as I can right side up. I think it has something to do with my dilexcia.

Originally posted by alextheartist
    Should that be:

Eiinon\'s gnnoa hvae a siht fit?*

cool. even i with my sucky english can actually read that. :cool:

It\'s interesting, if I start to concentrate on reading that, it gets more difficult to read, cause my brain notices that it\'s just bullshit. :drunk:

Originally posted by lizcam
    I can also read upside down as fast as I can right side up. I think it has something to do with my dilexcia.
    Can\'t everyone?

Hm, I\'ve got dyslexia too, but I never thought it might have anything to do with it. I thought it\'s totally normal.

Are the other 45% people who can\'t read or speak English...?

Hmm, I\'m one of the 55. Actually as I read it I realised I was \'recognising\' the word as it should be. I used to do a lot of proof reading which probably helps - seeing the errors but knowing what it should say.

I\'m noted for playing fast and loose..............
    You expected me to miss out on that one. ??? Too easy.:rolleyes:

And just to confuse things I understood this [/quote](Afrikaans) Enige Suid-Afrikaners hierso?

Soos die titel se, enige iemand van Suid-Afrika hierso[/quote] from Springbok immediatley.

Not really.

From 2005 - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=9797
    i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno\'t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but teh wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if y ou can raed tihs forwrad it.
    And earlier still, http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=5026

Einion

Originally posted by Einion
    Not really.

From 2005 - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=9797
    i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno\'t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but teh wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if y ou can raed tihs forwrad it.
    And earlier still, http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=5026

Einion
    That\'s that bonfire pissed on then... :D

Nice work munkie... I remembered seeing it too, but couldnt track it down....plus I knew you\'d be able to find it!!

I\'ve got dyslexia, too, and can read that sample fine. I can also read text backwards pretty fast, too.

It\'s strange how it works with my synesthesia though. Really weird looking when I pay attention to the colours.

Kep

I do not have dyslexia, but I can read the gibberish just fine, can read upside down and backwards, and can pat my head and rub my tummy:o

rofl, funnier than the actual post

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    I\'m noted for playing fast and loose..............
    You expected me to miss out on that one. ??? Too easy.:rolleyes:
    I knew SOMEONE would point that out.

;)

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:D no problem reading it, but then I speak fluent toddler and dog
    lol

Inertesintlgy, teh fsaetr I raed ti, teh esaeir ti wsa ot raed.