Exorcist Squad - GDUK Bronze

Thread: Exorcist Squad - GDUK Bronze

Default Exorcist Squad - GDUK Bronze

Hi all.

This was a massive project for me, mainly cos I hate painting the same thing over and over, but also cos I spent best part of 6 months bringing it together...

Decided that I wanted a slightly different looking marine squad, in that I didn\'t want any shooty stuff, cos they\'re basically supposed to be rock hard daemon hunter types.

I (did) like painting red marines, so that ticked a box for me and then with swords and hammers everywhere it gave me ample practice with the old NMM, which I thought would be good fun to make as blingy as possible! :D

Anyway. After all the work, and not a little advice and encouragement from peeps like Talonicus (he\'s a nice bloke really) and Demonherald, I was fortunate enough to pick up my 1st ever Demon. In fact it was a 1st \"winning\" entry of note for anything that I have entered.

Huge buzz to be in the winners circle at the end of the day and much fun was had - mostly on the night before... :drunk:

Onwards and upwards! ;)

Voting Linky

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers :beer:

I just remember you brickin it in the hotel :P

Great stuff, well deserved win my friend!

A very good job on these marines. A 10 for me.

Very nice stuff! I was always wondering how to effectively paint NMM on a helmet so if I ever get the urge to try I wil use your marines as inspiration! (if you don\'t mind of course!)

Thanks chaps :)

Oden, you\'re in Colchester? The squad is in the local store right now if you want a closer look ;)
    And I don\'t mind at all. In fact, I\'ve spoken to Pete at the store about possibly doing a tute session in store over the whole NMM thing :idea:

Oh cool, I\'ll have a look at it when I next go in :)

Do you know if there are painting competitions troughout the year at the Colchester store? I\'ve entered the may comp for about 3 years now and I find them really useful for motivation to paint!

The tute session would be good actually, shame there isn\'t a massive amount of space

wow these are fabulous.
    I haven\'t seen them before and I\'m really impressed.
    The nmm is great, it gives them a real bling aspect.
    I think there is quite a bit of conversion done on these as wel isn\'t there?
    Its well done as it\'s not obvious, which is always a good sign.

Congratulations on your demon and I\'m sure if you keep turning out work of this standard it won\'t be your last.

Bravo.

:D

:kiss:

stunning squad there

@ Lord Talonicus - Sarcasm was still the lowest form of wit, last time I looked.
    Speaking of low.... :moon:

@ Oden - Yeah there\'s about 3 or 4 over the year usually. Have a word with Pete in the store

Looks good, they have a nice coherency to them.

Originally posted by Iacton
    @ Lord Talonicus - Sarcasm was still the lowest form of wit, last time I looked.
    he has too use that - cant reach the ones higher up

again well done mate

@Scott

But it makes me laugh....... nothing better than chuckling at your own pathetic attempts at humour.

In fact im doing it now.

:P

Well deserved! Fantastic looking marines!

Blog Entries

I did comment on the submission itself, but I\'ll do it here too :)

I really do like these guys, NMM is often a strange look for Marines but you did a good job combining it with a dark, high contrast color scheme and solid zenithal-style lighting. The NMM on the beaky helmet is especially impressive, that\'s a pretty complex surface to try and generate reflections on and you did a fine job.

Cool theme, solid conversions, and very good execution on all fronts. My only suggestion would have been to add some more weathering to the models, since some look a bit more weathered than others. Congrats on the trophy, I think it\'s the first of many if you keep working that hard :)

BTW my vote just bumped the squad up to 9.5 ... you\'re welcome lol

Thanks a lot guys! I\'m well pleased that they\'re being so well received - even Nigel said that he \"liked\" them, although I wish I had that on tape. Otherwise it\'s only hearsay, I guess lol

And thanks for the votes too. It\'s now set me a (very) high bar to maintain. I hope that I can put a similar effort in for the future :cool:

Nice. :) Particularly like the nmm style on the helmets.

they look awesome! nice to se guys that aint overdone with weathering like 99% of the marines seems to be nowdays. great solid work!

Very nice stuff! I was always wondering how to effectively paint NMM on a helmet so if I ever get the urge to try I wil use your marines as inspiration! (if you don\'t mind of course!)

Regards

Chad

____
    dossier surendettement