Sukigod's All-In-One Painting Log - Page 22
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Sukigod's All-In-One Painting Log

Grrrrr. So close. I would be were I wanted to be if I hadn't had to spend 4 hours in the ER waiting to be seen for my back. (injured it helping my brother move last weekend).

Finished all bomb mounts and panels for the underside of the wings. I've got them sticky tacked on since I'm impatient and want to see what it looks like with bombs on

I still need to rivet the underside of the wings, glue to bomb pylons on and then I can do the canopy. That should be it for build. The canopy may have to wait til after the apoc game, we'll see how things go. On to the pics!

Later!
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    your my boogaboo. thanks suki.
    Bigshoota.com

Granite City Waaagh! Fest!
    The Big Mek Manual

bullets left and I'm comin' for ya!

Holy cow (or may be holly cow in one last reminant of festive spirit). You wouldnt want to be underneath that thing when it drops its payload. I'm looking foward to seeing it painted (I assume that you have several tons of paint on order).

ozymandias: Surprisingly, using an airbrush means a lot less paint I'll use around 5 bottles total for a majority of the base coloring and really not much else.

Finished everything except the canopy tonight. Because of my schedule I know I won't be able to finish it before Saturdays game. Oh well, not like they need a windscreen anyway, right?

I did magnetize the bombs so I can always swap them out later with Grot bombs or other fun ordnance. I've got the cockpit taped off as I'm in the process of priming now.

Playing this thing in the next Apoc game should be a lot of fun. Hopefully it'll last more that one turn

Later!
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

fantastic work man! excellent work! its going to look so good when your all done painting it.
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

Hell that'd be a kicker - to have it blown out of the sky on turn one after all of your work. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ozymandias View Post
    Hell that'd be a kicker - to have it blown out of the sky on turn one after all of your work. Best of luck!
    True! Wish I could give this thing a KFF of some sort
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

Newbie, please be gentle payzahh's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very creative, love it.
    I am also a fan of your work station layout, and may have to embark on creating something similar for myself. : )

Name:  bommer143.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  291.5 KB

Are...Are those... Band-Aids? O.o
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

Quote Originally Posted by cannon_fodder View Post
    Name:  bommer143.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  291.5 KB

Are...Are those... Band-Aids? O.o
    Hahahahahaa!!!!! No!

They do look a bit like flesh colored bandaids don't they? It's just a different brand of plasticard (Plastruc instead of Evergreen). They turn a bit white-ish when bent.
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

Here's the newly primed "Maor Dakka!!!" being refitted with a new payload of bombs while parked on the tarmac awaiting it's next sortee.

I can't wait to deploy this thing for the first time - should be epic. Tomorrows Apoc game is going to be something to be seen, I'm expecting a 40K scale version of Aeronautica. I've got 6 flyers, I know there's nearly 20+ 'umies flyers (Lightnings, Vendettas, etc) and one of our locals has been gathering a Chaos Navy as well. I'll post some pics if I remember to take them

btw: this thing makes my stompa look like a toy...

Later!
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

Just went through the last few posts of this big boy. Wow! That is one crazy orc aircraft. I love all the detail that you have added. That many rivets would drive me insane...

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Oh, and I really hope you remember the game pictures.

~Eric

Gorgeous! You should remember to take pics, or it just didn't happen. Gork is most proud of you I'm sure. If he ain't i'm sure Mork is.

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Thanks all!

Hi folks!

Got to field the blast bomber this weekend at a local Apoc game. It was fun but didn't really do much except wow the other players Apoc has definitely changed with the adoption of 6th Edition.

In our local gaming group, there was a trend towards aerial navies since they were so fast and nearly impossible to take down. It's one of the reasons I started the blast bomber and added three Dakka Jets before this game. The only real flyer rules to go by were the Forgeworld ones. Must move 36" or more per turn, pretty much giving you infinite movement. You could turn any which way you wanted so this made it really easy to choose your next target for things like bombing runs and the like.

Now with 6th Edition having very clearly defined rules (and very different) for flyers, they aren't quite the super badass units they used to be. Granted they're pretty tough to take down (Massed fire will still help) and most other aircraft having Skyfire rules helps when there's a lot of flyers on both sides. What changed the most is they only move 18"-36" per turn and then only allowed one 90 degree facing change. These two changes really brought flyers down a notch and will make me rethink for my next Apoc matchup.

That being said, I'm a huge fan of the Dakka Jets! It's gonna be a while though before I play again and probably as long before I get to paint anything. Next week school starts up again and not only am I still doing my regular agency job at 3/4 time, I'm teaching 7 credits worth at the tech college AND taking 10 more credits in an attempt to pick up 16 credits to obtain my AAS degree in Advertising, Communication and Design by the end of fall semester so I can continue teaching. Needless to say, I will be very, very busy for the next four months!

I won't be starting any new projects for probably a year so the time I do have will be aimed at painting. I've got the bomber, 20 stormboyz to finish, three dakkajets and I've promised myself I would have the stomp painted before I started any other large project. I know what it's gonna be but I'll keep it a secret until I can start on it.

Until then, I'll be lurking around and to posting much, but still here. Here are some game pics to keep you interested until then!

Later!

(and yes, that's a Capitol Imperialis in process...)
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

This is about 15,0000 different kinds of awesome!! Builds like this do not come along often!!

That's a great looking table of "miniatures". Love the Capitol Imperialis. A real blast from the past. Mind you, if someone manages to destroy it, that's a bucket load of imperial guard inside that are going to be p@ssed off.

Quote Originally Posted by ozymandias View Post
    That's a great looking table of "miniatures". Love the Capitol Imperialis. A real blast from the past. Mind you, if someone manages to destroy it, that's a bucket load of imperial guard inside that are going to be p@ssed off.
    The enemy threw enough firepower at it in the first two turns to take it out (Chaos Doomsday Device got lucky and took 5 SP off in one shot). 14 guardsmen survived out of 97 after it went nuclear!
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

Ancient hinges, rusted from eons of neglect, moan their complaints. Sharp screeches of pain puncture the deep rumble as the massive workshop door slowly grinds open, daylight ruining the darkened calm of sleep beyond.

Huge, translucent storage containers stacked imperiously high, reaching to the ceiling of the vast factory above. The remains of ruined vehicles and buildings peeking through the clear units. Things of devastation waiting their turn to once again be committed to acts of war.

A small aerial navy mothballed in the corner. A mockery of jets, uncompleted, surround a monstrosity of mad genius. Something that surely would never fly, it's just too big, too cumbersome… too wrong.

The smell of old grease, glue and paint permeate the gloom, harkening to a more productive era, when things rolled off the work benches in a continuous, churning stream for battle. Long undisturbed dust motes stir up at the disruption of a long sleep, marking shafts of light through the newly opened door. A series of hazy, glowing arrows pointing at the occupant at the doorway.

A figure stands expressionless. Impassioned. Alone. Silhouetted in the murky light cast through the door. A deep rumble emits from the beast, a heavy weight of voice, like that of a lumbering tank rounding the bend.

"Soon. Very soon. Hur hur."
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

Don't tease us too much now.

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

"HE LIVES!"
    <lighting and a thunderous thunder split the sky>

Welcome back Suki.
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Need to slowly work back up to speed. I missed my workbench!

These are three dakkajets I purchased and built for the local Apoc back in January, haven't touched anything since then. I wanted to start painting the blasta bomma but I'm using these three fellas as a test bed since most of the paint range for GW has changed since I painted anything. Based with Khornate Red, a layer of Tamiya X-7 and topped with Evil Sunz Red. I'm now blocking back out all the metallic areas. It'll be slow, tedious work but a must to keep my style up. I've got the blocking out done on one of them.

Now that school is winding down and summer is here, I can devote some bench time and get back into this crazy hobby thing again - Gork I missed it!

Later!
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual