Sukigod's All-In-One Painting Log - Page 10
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Sukigod's All-In-One Painting Log

My Gawd, you are prolific sir. Awesome.
    WARNING: Painting all of your miniatures may lead to death.

"There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch... and kill some zombies."

Quote Originally Posted by pez5767 View Post
    My Gawd, you are prolific sir. Awesome.
    I don't know about prolific. Persistant, maybe...

Spent a couple hours sifting through my bitz boxes and bins and pulled a bunch of interesting stuff out for consideration. I think I've got Fat Boy pretty much figured out Rokkit-wise, I'll work on the launchpad after I get the rokkit finished. Here's the basic parts layout and I've started with the detailing and assembly...

It's almost like an Eye Spy game . Lets try to figure out what parts are what - or Find the...

Toy truck wheels
    Monitor riser spacers
    Cheap superglue bottle caps
    Space shuttle model rocket nozzles
    Medical grade filtration modules.

Ther will be a test!

Later!
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    your my boogaboo. thanks suki.
    Bigshoota.com

Granite City Waaagh! Fest!
    The Big Mek Manual

bullets left and I'm comin' for ya!

Got the engines/rokkits assembled and attached. so the basic structure is finished.

They are a bit reminiscent of a Chris Foss or Syd Mead spacecraft at the moment Wouldn't have anything to do with me collecting thier art for almost 30 years and subliminal impressionism, hmm?

Need to do the detailing like armor patches, straps for the engines and a couple of fuel/wiring lines and off to next pulsa!

[b]Later![b]
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

Grot Pit some where on the front? Big bubble dome glass with a pilot inside? With the "landed" version having a deep grot shaped hole on the base. Just an idea, looking good so far.
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Thanks mud duck. Not sure I'll have time to include all of the details - time isn't quite on my side.

OK, got some work done - did the strapping that attaches the engines to the rokkit and started work on one of the launch platforms.

Been busy with work and getting ready to go on a 2 1/2 week vacation! My wife won a vacation trip in a local raffle ($5,000 worth!!!!) so we're taking two and a half weeks to take the Amtrak along the northern trail to Seattle and stay there for a couple of days, then get on a Celebrity cruise ship and sail up and down the Alaskan coast for 7 days. Then a little more time in Seattle before training it back to Minnesota. It's been almost 25 years since I've had more than 10 days off in a row - I hope I remember my job when I get back!

That also means no work on the rokkits (or the skullhammas) til we get back. I think there's only three weeks until the in-store Apoc demo after that so I'll have to work fast to wrap them all up in time.

Thanks for watching and I'll try post some pics of the trip somewhere.

{b}Later![/b]
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

Great to hear your vaca plans. Enjoy.
    All the little green men will be there when you get back.

Do a little recon and find a hobby shop/gaming store along the route.
    Who knows what you might find ?

[QUOTE=cfwheeler58;552472]Great to hear your vaca plans. Enjoy.
    All the little green men will be there when you get back.

No they wont, my lootas on they're way coming to steel your rides =P

have fun on your trip! Bring a book or two for the rail trip. I've traveled on the rail that your taking many years back, and the Dakotas can get a little.... a boring a times. Have a camera handy on the cruise for the whales (they may or may not be migrating at this time).
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

I can't believe you paint all the orks in separate pieces. I almost never do this, I mean you clean, assemble, then paint it's been long established. ;-)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. The trip was amazing!

Well, getting back on the squig after three weeks off. For those who care, this is where I went...

Trip to Seattle and Alaska Cruise

I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Back to the real reason everyone is here, orks and pictures!

Spent a little time last night putting the rivets on the 1st pulsa and primed the starter base making it officially completing the construction phase. The base still needs the groundwork finished and I need to pick up a tub of joint compound for both crash bases, just didn't get around to it today.

Started the base to the second rokkit, not too far yet.

Hoping to finish the build be the weekend so I can put the base paint down and do metals and wash next weekend. We'll see how it goes.

Later!
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

All right, got some work done last night. No, I didn't do any work, I got some done last night...

I've been threatening to get this done for about two years and finally pulled the trigger. Turned out better than I could have hoped for. Here's a scale pick so you know where it went. It's lower half of my left upper arm.

Took about 2 hours and didn't hurt anymore than any of the others and of course, I'll do more tattoos but no more 40K related ones in the idea cue.

Later!
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

ha!!! youve been looted!
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

You must be one if the biggest ork lovers in the world! That's mad!

Where'd you have that done? Looks damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    Where'd you have that done? Looks damn good.
    Olde Town Tattoo in St. Cloud, guys name is Eli. Very reasonable too - took about two hours.
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

freaking cool!! i have had similar idea actually

Ok, enough chit chat, back to the Big Mekkin'!

Started the base work on the second pulsa over the last couple of days. I'm taking a different approach to this one. The first pulsa was all about this rokkit, this one is all about the base. Since the rokkit on this one is soooo skinny, it's hard to come up with details for it - especially ones that won't shear off during launch! The "detail" for this rokkit will be in the painting and most of the modeling details will be focused on the launch platform and shed.

Without further ado, here's the base nearly finished.

I just need to finish up the upper rails and do rivets and I'm calling it done. I've got a week left to wrap these boyz up so painting will be FAST! There's a bunch of small things that I want to do but will have to come back to them after the Apoc game next Sat.

Later!
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

Thanks for the ideas 4ton. I'm starting to panic for time so I'll just have to live without the superdetails.

An hour of masking and about 30 min. of spray painting some of the base colors. From here it's metals, some checks/dags and chipped paint, then wash, seal and base. Hope I can get it done in time!

Later!
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual

Dat is so cool.
    The tattoo is kickass too some pointy goldteef next ?? =P

May you roll load of sixes with those one shot wonders and cause some serious tremors, hur hur.

Thanks dewil!

OK - got a bit of a break. The guy I was building the other skullhammer and pulsa rokkit for can't make the Apoc game this weekend so I only need to finish one of them. I could try and take both but because of the way the points are structured, it doesn't make any sense. Besides, I'd rather take the other SKullhammer that;s finished already instead!

I hauled ass to get this thing where it is now - about 85% done. The whatever they are on the top aren't painted, I can live with that. Not my best work, but as I stated at the beginning of these, how many times a year am I going to use these? On to the final pic...

I'll take some pics tomorrow of what I'm bringing to the game - nearly everything is painted so I'm pretty pleased about that.

Later!
    Bigshoota.com

The Big Mek Manual