Buzzins Sons Of Medusa Marine2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzzins Sons Of Medusa Marine2

Good gods, man! I love your GS-fu. I would swear your chain is actual chain painted green. What tools do you use when sculpting?

And don't change a thing on the mask. That alone gives the mini more character than any SM I've seen in a long time.

I use these and differnt sized neadles for the real small stuff.

i also use cut up bits of rubber (like pencil rubber) very good for a smooth look, sometimes i use a smooth brush with water to remove small lumps ect

That is really impressive SM. The mask is amazing and gives so much personnality to this mini. You've got so much talent in sculpting.

i like it, especially the bone mask, and roman/greek style chest armour...
    the symbol on his leg is nice, but looks like a perfect rendition of the Death Guard logo...
    i assume it's meant to be an iron halo kind of reference, but it does confuse the good guy/bad guy issue...

keep up the good work...

cheers
    jah

I think your first one deserved to get a demon, so iv'e high hopes for this

i have based the symbol on this , the sons of medusa chapter symbol

also thanks for the great comments very much appreciated i will look forward to updating the thread waile painting maby like a tutorial.

i have changed the knife to a plasma pistol as suggested i still cant make my mind up!

wat do you think guys?

plasma pistol looks good...

as for the symbol, i think it's the sheer size of the skull in the icon that may confuse the issue...
    once it is painted up in Medusa colours, it should work well...

cheers
    jah

I prefer the plasma pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by cheelfy View Post
    I prefer the plasma pistol.
    aye, ditto
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Think im going to try and sculpt MEDUSA on both sides of the plasma pistol !

I have never tryed text before so should me interesting

Any tips?

Maybe use small plasticard pieces instead of stuff and just carve the text on them. Easier to make new ones if you happen to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

just tryed to sculpt the letters and was a compleat fail so i think i will get a better finnish if i free hand it when painting.

i am going to add some wires/tubes from the pistol goin round the back of his chest and into the base of the backpack area

Here is a quick update on how its going iv just been working on the base and here are some pics

Very good base.

thanks , i'v tryed to do a desert base with an old chaos termi half buried under the sand i may try and make some tomble weed and dry grasses and im goin to add some rocks on the surface.

i have used broken slate and plasticard for the 2 sides and surface , i cut a wole in the plasicard and placed half a chaos terminator in and added the arm and trophy rack underneath then i have used green stuff and fine sand (fine gecko desert sand!) and some odd skulls i found in my bits box.
    Last edited by BuzZin; 12-03-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Neat sculpting, it's interesting to follow the project.

I think you can buy really small stencils, or etched brass text from one of the guys that advertise on the site... 2mm I think, could help with the text you mentionned.

I love your base, the sand looks very realistic, but I am not really a fan of the lightning claws coming out the side. The iron halo/vehicle bit looks great, as do the skulls, but the claws just seem tacked on and superficial. I wish I could explain why, but they're just not doing it for me.
    Blasting forth in three part harmony!

The claws caught my eye too, I think they just look a little sharp & clean now. Once they're thoroughly trashed & rusted up with a nice bit of painty weathering they should bed in nicely. Perhaps scalpel in some damage now? One of the claws with it's tip snapped off?
    Cheers, B.