Painting buildings - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Painting buildings

Blog Entries

Will have to see if I can find my shots of rubbled buildings. But in my experience your ruins need a bit more black. Combat operations tend to set things on fire, and the soot stains last forever.
    Dr. Walter Bishop: I have used this technique to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they haven't been dead for longer than six hours.
    Peter Bishop: [in the background] Right, 'cause after six hours, that's when they're really dead.

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. S. Clemons

Because I don't have enough madness in my life : http://topographyworkshop.blogspot.com

Thanks Ritual, yes the rubble is a bit rough atm, i'll use the weathering pigments to bring it all together, as there's a brick type floor inside this one and a gun enplacement as well.

Thanks steelcult, would the black be on the blast points or as a general thing after a fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Baylien View Post
    I've had a go at a test piece, and would appreciate comments, before i do the rest of the buildings.
    Your taste is really all that matters, but is this for tabletop use? If so then they're certainly fine as they are, especially if you have many more to do since you generally don't want to go too intricate for stuff that doesn't need it.

Einion

Hi Einion, it is for tabletop use, but i also want it to look a bit better, sort of as a nice centre piece to put my figures and tanks with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baylien View Post
    Thanks Ritual, yes the rubble is a bit rough atm, i'll use the weathering pigments to bring it all together, as there's a brick type floor inside this one and a gun enplacement as well.

Thanks steelcult, would the black be on the blast points or as a general thing after a fire?
    I've seen both - and most of my pics are on my other laptop which is 8k away from me atm - but I'd say you cant go wrong with some v shaped soot stains on the inner wall surfaces
    Dr. Walter Bishop: I have used this technique to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they haven't been dead for longer than six hours.
    Peter Bishop: [in the background] Right, 'cause after six hours, that's when they're really dead.

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. S. Clemons

Because I don't have enough madness in my life : http://topographyworkshop.blogspot.com