cheap good airbrush? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cheap good airbrush?

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    The metal body is more for feel than anything else* - they introduced it for people who wanted more heft in an Aztek, so the weight is more like ABs of traditional design.

Personally I like that the plastic/resin-bodied ones are so light, especially when I'm spraying for a long while, but other people have issues with the low weight.

*Obviously aesthetics come into it too, no denying they look nice.

Einion
    This was what I figured. As I´ve never held a airbrush in my life I won´t be biased against the lighter plastic ones, so I´ll probably end up getting one of those.

Somebody know a good Airbrush for abaout 120€ ???

NEED 1 and maybe a compressor

Just wondered if anyone could give me an oppinion on this or is it too good to be true?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIRBRUSH-KIT-A...item5635b6fe82

Ta muchly.
    Marc

I bought one of those kits a while back as it was so cheap. I figured I'd use it as a back-up or to run a second airbrush from.

Compressor works fine. Airbrush is actually usable on larger stuff - it's a cheap Iwata rip-off.

I'd rather use this cheap Chinese copy than an Aztek. That's how much I hate them
    Last edited by Spacemunkie; 12-05-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemunkie View Post
    I bought one of those kits a while back as it was so cheap. I figured I'd use it as a back-up or to run a second airbrush from.

Compressor works fine. Airbrush is actually usable on larger stuff - it's a cheap Iwata rip-off.

I'd rather use this cheap Chinese copy than an Aztek. That's how much I hate them

lol, I had an aztek many years ago but as I simply couldn't afford a decent compresser and was a bit strapped, I sold it. So is that an endorsement in favour of that kit?

It works. If you're looking to do it on the cheap, then it's a good buy. I'd look at replacing the airbrush with something better, but even 60 quid for a compressor is cheap.

I haven't used mine for more than a few hours, so couldn't tell you about longevity yet.

I just overheated mine, but I had been running it nearlly two hours straight. Mine is the bd as-18, bought it second hand for £50 (off .sam. from here), its pretty good for the price