Missing mini piece

Thread: Missing mini piece

Default Missing mini piece

Hi all,

I just thought I would make a post about an issue which I have.

A while back I orderd a bunch of minis from the cmon, one of which was an ultraforge dragon. The minis came yesterday, but the dragon has a single piece missing from it; the neck with the upper jaw. I have sent in an email to cmon, but I am unsure where I stand.

Do you think that they will send a out the piece, or am I out of luck? It was supposed to be an christmas present, unfortunetly.

Cheers for reading.

Im sure borg will get it sorted out for you

Quote Originally Posted by darklord View Post
    Im sure borg will get it sorted out for you
    aye he's pretty good like that. the only problem is that he prolly gets them in packs from ultraforge which will mean he will have to take it up with them, they will have to send it to him and then he will have to send it on to you... fingers crossed for xmas!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    aye he's pretty good like that. the only problem is that he prolly gets them in packs from ultraforge which will mean he will have to take it up with them, they will have to send it to him and then he will have to send it on to you... fingers crossed for xmas!
    Might be an argument for going direct to Ultraforge then? They seem like nice helpful people.

Yeah, this is the first time that we have missing piece from Ultraforge. I am trying to find out what is the best way to handle this. I will probably know by monday.

I think I would approach both manufacture and CMON by email and see what one wins the speed contest to rectify the situation. Christmas is a coming and that way you may get the issue resolved with plenty time.

Each time I have incurred this problem more than once and it has been fixed so don't worry too much... just communicate quickly so they have the time.

I am so slow in the morning
    Last edited by TAB Studio; 11-14-2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: too slow for words or borg is way too fast

anyway, they may not notice until you have the replacement anyway! it's not like none of it has come through the post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Thank you for the replies all, it has been very warming knowing people are willing to help.

I feel so lucky. I've never had anything but prompt service and perfect order picking from
    the CMON store. Once, I actually got a bonus piece from my wish list. Cheers for Borg,
    here.

Quote Originally Posted by cfwheeler58 View Post
    .../I have downloaded a wide variety of photos and artwork, typically
    starting from Google, Images only, Large Scale. When I build, I typically
    go for 500 to 1500 pieces. I study the picture once and I don't look
    at it again. I put on Itunes and do a little here and there.
    I find it very relaxing./...
    Now, Not to be like that but I'd like 'camelialong' to prove that he/she is NOT a spammer...
    Last edited by Chrome; 11-17-2009 at 06:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

It's probably meant to go in the thread about jigsaw puzzles.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

So did I think as well until I saw that it is an exact copy of what cfwheeler wrote in his post. Hence my quote...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Ah, right you are... then it's probably a spammer. This thing happened in a WIP thread by BPI a while ago.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Now, Not to be like that but I'd like 'camelialong' to prove that he/she is NOT a spammer...
    If you suspect anything like this again just report it.
    Goes straight to us mods.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Abd back to the OP, I'd contact Ultra Forge AND Cmon at the same time by CC'ing the eMails. The Ultraforge people are some of hte best out there, I've dealt with them directly a couple times and they're simply phenomenal. They may actually have a few pieces hanging around from failed models from qaulity control and stuff and it might speed up the process if you bring both companies into the loop. Maybe?

I would like to thank CMON for all the support offered. As advised, last week (or maybe even two weeks ago?) I sent an email to ultraforge but unfortunately they did not reply, so I have just sent another.

I'm really hoping for everything to be sorted by next week; to think, all this hassle over one piece of resin!

wait till next week, if all else fail, let me know, and I will take the piece out of another dragon, send that to you and sort it out with them.

Thumbs down

Hi guys, long time no see. I'm sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but the issue isn't over (3 months later).

Over the xmas period ultraforge supposedly sent us a replacement. This never arrived.

In January we contacted them again, and this time they said they would send it recorded delivery (Makes sense). This arrived last week, and we were very pleased... until we opened it and found that they had sent us the wrong piece.

They were supposed to send the dragon jaw with the neck attached (hence why this is a big problem, no dragon neck or face), and they even confirmed the piece in an email:

"Hi there.

Sorry... there was a miss-communication on our end. I will send it out this week.

Dragon jaw and neck to"

Instead they sent the lower jaw with no neck, which we already have.

I am of course going to send one more email back, this time with pictures of everything. I think we have all given up with this, and it was honestly a surprised to even get the wrong piece...

Dealing with these people have been a total nightmare, and I would honestly advise anyone who lives overseas to reconsider before purchasing from them.

Just for an indication of how long this has been going on: We ordered the dragon from CMON on the 24th October and got our first contact we ultraforge on 1st December.

It is always a problem when the QC is poor from the manufacturer. That puts us in a really bad position. What we normally do is get your shipping information to the manufacturer and let them handle it. Why? because , it is often faster for the manufacturer to send the replacement parts directly to the customer instead of shipping to us then to the customer. With that said, we were on top of it and requested the parts from our distributor (we do not have a direct relationship with Ultraforge) and at that time, Ultraforge was being sold as a company, so it just took forever for anything to happen.

Again we are sorry for the experience, rest assure that we were aware of the probelm and did our best to get the matter resolved.

Just to be clear, in defect cases like this, at any point you can request a refund instead and we will pass the cost on to the manufacturer. Obviously this means you don't get the figure you wanted but sometimes that may be the quickest way to get something else to paint instead.
    Last edited by Chern Ann; 02-25-2010 at 12:53 PM.