3 new paintjobs!!!

Thread: 3 new paintjobs!!!

Default 3 new paintjobs!!!

Hello, finally managed to get online last week after only 10 months of no internet!
    Haven't posted anything new recently but I still have been doing a bit of painting in my spare time. So here are a few miniatures I have painted this year (I have many half finished projects as well).

First of all is an Empire wizard that I painted back in febuary.

WIZARD

The next one is a Sister of Battle. I really wanted to have a go at the lightning technique on the sword and this seemed a suitable model to try it on.

SISTER

The last figure is The Chaplain in Terminator armour. I have painted this one before but it is a great miniature and really nice to paint, hopefully I have improved since my first version. I had planned to enter this one at games day, almost managed to finish in time but I didn't want to rush the final bits.

CHAPLAIN

Hopefully will have some new stuff soon!

Tom

Super clean work there!

Like them

Great work there mate. I saw the chaplain at Games Day and I don't think the photos quite do it justice.

-T-

good stuff, as always...

i definitely think that your pics are letting your paintwork down...
    the cannoness in particular lacks in the photo department...

the bases on the wizard and chaplain are especially nice...
    a dedicated display mini has so much more life than a gaming mini, given a specific setting...

keep up the good work...

how are you settling in at the studio???

cheers
    jah

well you know what i think. good work!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Really nice paintjobs... good work - i would say good to have you back in the internet... my favorite ... nah, i really like your paint style in everyone of these minis...

Keep on happy painting!
    Regards
    Roman
    I don't want to set the world on fire, i just want to start a flame in your heart:
    MASSIVE VOODOO

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Tom View Post
    .../ I had planned to enter this one at games day, almost managed to finish in time but I didn't want to rush the final bits./...
    To me it sounds like he didn't have time to finish it so he didn't enter the piece at GD
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

All these minis are really good. My favourite is your sister of battle, but I also like the two others; the skull of the chaplain is very well done and the stripes on the empire wizard. The bases of the chaplain and the wizard are also good.

love the empire wizard and the detail on the chaplin is great top marks from me

Thanx for the comments everyone.

@fatlad - ahh, so you saw it at games day then. Hope you had a good day there, it was very busy all day for us, hardly got a chance for a break!

@Chrome - I had almost finished it for games day and I probaly could have if I had stayed up to the early hours of the morning but i decided to sleep instead . As I said before I really didn't want to rush the final bits and I also had to be awake at 6am, it was a long day!
    It was god motivation to actually get something nearly finished though. I took it with me though as it was abot 95% finished.

Tom

Aha! That do explain the not finished but still seen issue.

sadly I didn't get a good look at the minis since I'm way too Swedish and didn't want to mosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Lots of nice elements to three well realised minis. The stripey scarf on the Empire Wizard & the use of similar greens in the puddle as the sword on the Sister Of Battle are what stand out for me. Well done Cheers, B.

Al three miniatures are very clean and great paintjobs! Perhaps you can try to go more for a lightsoruce in your painting in general, but great jobs non the less.

Nice, all are great but I love the wizard!

Are any down at Krackers that we can go and see?

Glad you like them!

I doubt these ones will be in Krackers anytime soon, i'm living in Nottingham now.

Quote Originally Posted by Countersunk81 View Post
    Nice, all are great but I love the wizard!

Are any down at Krackers that we can go and see?
    another taunton boy?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg