warfare: beer vs wine - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: warfare: beer vs wine

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonbuddha View Post
    I'm trying man. But I am still getting over the application process to live in Canada. Did you know that all applicants have to drink four cases of Rickard's red and punch out a moose? That's tough to do!
    If you can't even do that, you have no right to even LOOK at a maple leaf. 4 cases and a moose is enough to get your foot in the door. If you want the all access super Canadian free healthcare and stuff citizenship you have to pick 2 of 3 things to do

-Burn down the White House with only two cats and a road map for companionship.

-Score at least 20 goals in a single season as a winger/center or accumulate 200 penalty minutes as a defencemen. No goalies. We have enough.

-Start a cover band featuring The Hip, Rush, and April Wine cover songs. Get air play in at least three foreign countries of which only ONE may be an Enlish speaking nation.

Good luck amigo! Hope to see you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    And gin. And cider. And rum for goodness sake.
    sod that, the british empire was built on warm ale and tea (not at the same time!)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

i agree with freak, warm beer was what made us great, martini and gin and tonic ruined the empire. canada's second language is ?????

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    john smiths is the best beer in the world none of your "probably" about it.
    Ever had proper beer? Come to Germany, or try a real ale. Then we'll talk. Incidentally, I have a good friend who used to work for John Smith's. She could tell you some horror stories.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    strogbow is the shit!
    I agree. Strongbow is indeed shit. But then I went to university in Bristol, home of the Corrie Tap.

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    sod that, the british empire was built on warm ale and tea (not at the same time!)
    Tell that to the navy

Quote Originally Posted by cassar
    john smiths is the best beer in the world none of your "probably" about it.
    There is just so much wrong with that statement.

I know we're kidding around here but "best beer" is serious business; even their Extra Smooth is not a serious contender. If we confine ourselves to just that type there's HSB, Bathams Best Bitter, Ten Fifty, Butcombe Bitter, Jeffrey Hudson Bitter... and that's sticking to British brews only.

Einion

amazon, german beer's lager is it not certainley i've never heard of a german bitter other than the obvious "please/thankyou" and as for john smiths being orrible thats just the tins. you have to drink it from a pump in a working man's social in yorkshire preferably in the seventies or eighties.

in coclusion beer makes a nation great at conflicts more so than wine or spirits, unfortunately it also makes ya stupid. one irrefutable fact, giving all that useless desert back to the arabs then finding all that oil under it.hic, hic cheers n god bless her majesty the queen..

amazon, german beer's lager is it not certainley i've never heard of a german bitter other than the obvious "please/thankyou" and as for john smiths being orrible thats just the tins. you have to drink it from a pump in a working man's social in yorkshire preferably in the seventies or eighties.
    *pfffptpth* That's rather hair-splitting. And you ignored the real ale suggestion.... Anyway, what the Germans manage to do under the restrictions they've made for themselves (German beer, and that ain't the half of it) is alright by me, lager or no.

oopps sorry there my bad how could i forget ....real ale! look at the name for goodness sake talk about being up itself, is any other brewed product fake ale? hob goblin, old speckled hen, my granny's undercrackers. real ale!more like home brew made in sombody's shed. but thanks for pointing it out lol..
    newcastle browns as close as iv'e ever got to real ale, not sure it even qualify's.
    if it wasnt for warm beer we could all be drinking lader hosen(leather shorts)and drinking lager now
    Last edited by cassar; 11-26-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: oops

Quote Originally Posted by Ritual View Post
    People who like tequila usually say that there are really good ones if you know where to look. Might be true. All I know is that all tequila I've tasted have been disgusting. Another thing I'm not keen on trying again is saké. Give me a whisky and I'm happy!
    In my former life as a chef in a Mexican restaurant, I had ample opportunity to sample the contents of our ample tequila bar. Just like any spirit, there is cheap, mass-produced stuff and there's the good stuff. You'll be wanting the expensive anejo or extra anejo gear that's been aged in oak casks for several years. Smoother, mellower and tastier than the slammer-fodder (white and even gold) most people are used to and stuff to drink with a good cigar. Think quality brandy or single malt

Am currently partaking in a glass of AnCnoc. Whiskey and beer are my first loves....
    Last edited by Spacemunkie; 11-27-2009 at 06:39 AM.

hob goblin, old speckled hen, my granny's undercrackers. real ale!more like home brew made in sombody's shed. but thanks for pointing it out lol..
    Given you think that John Smith's is the badger's nadgers any assessment you give is put into the right perspective

Einion

ouch!! good job iv'e a thick skin

Come on ritual, warm Sake is good stuff

Not a vodka fan myself, but willing to test it again for the sake of an objective experiment to see if I'm sure or not!

Shaz

Quote Originally Posted by darklord View Post
    A scottish brewery has just produced a 32% beer
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/8380412.stm
    I am amused. As much by the names of their other beers as with the story. I wonder what it tastes like? The only time I heard of someone making a super-strong beer, it was apparently disgusting.

Castle moniac mead, best alcohol around.

sweet honey intoxicating goodness (you don't need armour or layered furs to break shield walls with that stuff inside you!)

fiz you have to freeze the vodka to get the best from it.

to get back to the point does being a wine drinking nation make you a beer drinking nations b*@ch???

What?!?!? I was told I had to I had to steal one of Don Cherry's coats and motorboat Pamela Anderson if I wanted full citizenship.

Where is my lighter fluid.

Crap! I am allergic to cats.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottRadom View Post
    If you can't even do that, you have no right to even LOOK at a maple leaf. 4 cases and a moose is enough to get your foot in the door. If you want the all access super Canadian free healthcare and stuff citizenship you have to pick 2 of 3 things to do

-Burn down the White House with only two cats and a road map for companionship.

-Score at least 20 goals in a single season as a winger/center or accumulate 200 penalty minutes as a defencemen. No goalies. We have enough.

-Start a cover band featuring The Hip, Rush, and April Wine cover songs. Get air play in at least three foreign countries of which only ONE may be an Enlish speaking nation.

Good luck amigo! Hope to see you soon!

Good point. The British navy was considered one of the greatest navies in the world and they had RUM rations.

This argument keeps getting shot full of holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Einion View Post
    Tell that to the navy

Einion

Default the navy emmmm

having thought long and hard about your last post ebon about 5 minutes while i was busy on the gary glitter i came up with two reas-excuses that may explaine rum, the space on a ship of the line at that time was i would say at a premium so vast hogs heads of beer wouldnt have been viable so next best thing rum . have you taken into consideration the way the navy recruited some of its volunteers, shanghai'd (the queens shilling) usually found in the bottom of a beer tankard which suggests to me that the majority of sailors were in fact beer drinking piss-eds who didnt use glass bottomed tankards and that all the best recruits of the time could be found in ale houses(not rum houses)

p.s.i think they used rum as a medicine too but dont quote me on that

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Just to throw a wrench in things I like cider.
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.