40k and music
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40k and music

Default 40k and music

alright i wondering if im not the only person that chould see 40k battles coriographed to music so if im not what kind of music or specific song do you puicture

Metal all the way!! Fast, thunderous and aggressive, just like a 40K battle!

i was listing to "till i collaspe" by eminem and just pictured a vanguard vet holding out as long as he can dukeing it with orks

Ehhh, that would be better for those new Thugz minis on the front page.

lol your probaly right what about sepiroth one winged angel the metal version

Yeah, that could work, i like choir vocals in it, it makes it fit the 40K style nicely.

Some songs I think would work are "Pure Hatred" by Chimaira and "Industructible" by Disturbed (Great battle song). Pretty much anything by Amon Amarth and Dimmu Borgir, as well.

i'm sure there's more, but I'm too tired to think alot at the moment.
    Last edited by Tsinatas; 11-25-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Brain Failure...

yeah also frontline by pillar theres a song by offspring but i cant remember the name but there a line that goes hit em right between the eyes but any thign from children of bodom kataklysm silpknot would work really well for swarm on swarm army battels

When I think of music to go with a 40k battle I think Mozart's Dies Irae. That is one mighty tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

redgreen12

Default Hi thare

well why not hevy metel aaa IRAIN MADEN and goth metel or the sond trak frume dawn of war now WHF enpier drums and pips or fife and drums orks horns and drums elvs winds back 4ok ho lots of electronik stuf two it depens on mode and army in warhamer mostly dark music just got look fore it WKJR

I am partial to "Carmina Burana: O Fortuna" by Orff when my Space Marines do their drop pod assault.
    You see, fate is like a cat. Sometimes it is nice, and lets you pet it, and it sits in your lap. Sometimes it does not care at all and just wanders around ignoring you. Sometimes it farts in your face, scratches you, then coughs up a hairball on your carpet that you have to pick up.

@ Evil Tendencies: YEAH, I never thought of that, but that's a great song for 40K battles involving Space Marines!

Gregorian chant and any Wagner - Space marines
    really bad punk rock - Orks
    Techno - Necrons
    Marching bands -Imperial guard
    Progressive rock "Yes" Etc - Eldar
    Really bad heavy metal / feedback - Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Tercha View Post
    Gregorian chant and any Wagner - Space marines
    really bad punk rock - Orks
    Techno - Necrons
    Marching bands -Imperial guard
    Progressive rock "Yes" Etc - Eldar
    Really bad heavy metal / feedback - Chaos
    Cool ideas, though I disagree with bad heavy metal for Chaos - mostly because bad heavy metal, to me, is self-absorbed hair band metal. But Slayer and other hardcore death metal would be a good fit; is that what you were getting at?

Sousa marches specifically would be great for the Cadian Guard, and maybe the Mordian and Vostroyan as well. You actually gave me an interesting idea to convert some of these guys into military march musicians. I'd just need to get some scale instruments.

You gotta have Hendrix (All Around the Watchtower, especially) for the Catachans, though!
    You see, fate is like a cat. Sometimes it is nice, and lets you pet it, and it sits in your lap. Sometimes it does not care at all and just wanders around ignoring you. Sometimes it farts in your face, scratches you, then coughs up a hairball on your carpet that you have to pick up.

Smile

I must play Necrons i love techno!

but i play with Chaosdeamons!
    I like the sounds of Debauchery really nice "Khorne"-Metal

Praise the Bloodgod
    Alle Dinge müssen vergehen und sterben.
    Lasst die Fäulnis Wurzeln schlagen und verbreitet die Zerstörung,um Pestilenz mit verlorener Hoffnung zu nähren

I personally think Chaos would listen to darkcore, something like angerfist tbh.

I think Orks would listen to a mix, Bad moons would be rap fans because they like to be flash. Goff's would be rock, deathskulls a mixture of it all haha.

For catachans it would have to be some guns and roses though :P

Enya.

Trust me. Try it.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Um, really? None of you have said it? Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, BOLT THROWER!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's literally Warhammer music guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wb1mHy9i30

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

Came into this thread knowing metal is a huge cliche with gamers; honestly the best music would have to be timeless: "Dies Irae" would be very appropriate! Chants in general! And for Catachans, "All Along the Watchtower" is too perfect haha. Maybe not as timeless as Mozart, but damn close.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroghast View Post
    Um, really? None of you have said it? Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, Bolt Thrower, BOLT THROWER!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's literally Warhammer music guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wb1mHy9i30

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
    But it's... so... bad...

Quote Originally Posted by AinuLainour View Post

But it's... so... bad...

NO!