Painters interested in helping out?

Thread: Painters interested in helping out?

Default Painters interested in helping out?

Ok, for those that haven't been following the thread about my WIPs for the Little Angels charity, one of the projects I have planned is a chessboard. Nothing overly fancy; I just like chessboards and figured I could knock one out pretty quick - probably a lot faster than the sewer gaming board.

Anyway, much discussion has gone on over at WaMP and people (myself included) think having an actual chess set would be better than just a plain ol' board. Several of us think that horror minis would be the coolest way to go, specifically zombies vs. zombie hunters.

Why?

Good question. Answer: because zombies are cool.

However, before we proceed and decide which minis and all that, I wanted to see if people would even be willing to help out.

So, what do all of you think? I know we're all busy and everything, but would people be interested in doing just one mini for this? Granted, that would mean we need 32 people to paint one mini apiece and donate it to the chessboard, so it could be difficult. The more people involved means the greater the chance that something won't be done because life gets in the way.

However, on the flipside, having pieces done by a bunch of different painters could be a real treat for whoever eventually wins the set.

Anyone interested?

Just to clarify: I will not be making any money on this. The board and all pieces will be sold at auction as one item and all proceeds go the Little Angels charity.

Cedric had thought of this previous, it sounded like a good idea to me then

a few questions for clarification -

are the individuals who are painting the minis the ones responsible for buying them?
    When are you hoping to have them all turned in?
    Will the shipping be local?
    Who will it be auctioned through?

My family's willing but let me make sure we're able depending on time (the end of the semester with finals) and money. Money's tight and buying the mini would be tough. But I would be willing to help in other ways to offset the cost of donated mini - I have done other work for charities done on here before

It might be better if the royaltie of the board per say was painted by on person.
    eg. The rooks by one the knights by another so on and so forth.

I will be willing to paint 2 minis Hinton if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by TAB Studio View Post
    Cedric had thought of this previous, it sounded like a good idea to me then

a few questions for clarification -

And here's some answers; hopefully they clear things up, but I guarantee nothing.

are the individuals who are painting the minis the ones responsible for buying them?

Ideally, yes. I certainly can't afford to field any pieces for it, that's why I was going to just build the board.

That being said, however, I know that there are some out there that have a ton of minis and they might be willing to donate one or two to the cause. It's something we (read: I) can ask around about.

When are you hoping to have them all turned in?

Since this is for the Little Angels charity auction, the deadline for all of the pieces to be here with me would probably be February 1st, 2010.

Will the shipping be local?

(1) Shipping the mini for the set? or (2) shipping the whole set to whoever wins it?

For (1), I live in Nebraska, so anyone in the US would probably be local. For (2), I will ship it myself and pay the costs for it.

Who will it be auctioned through?

Most likely eBay through Darklord's account as I have minimal eBay experience - and none as a seller.

My family's willing but let me make sure we're able depending on time (the end of the semester with finals) and money. Money's tight and buying the mini would be tough. But I would be willing to help in other ways to offset the cost of donated mini - I have done other work for charities done on here before

Really, any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by devoncodain View Post
    It might be better if the royaltie of the board per say was painted by on person.
    eg. The rooks by one the knights by another so on and so forth.

I will be willing to paint 2 minis Hinton if need be.

That's a heck of an idea and one we can certainly look at pursuing.

And thanks for the offer. As soon as things get going on this, I'll be sure to let you know; planning on having a kind of sign-up thread so we know who's doing what exactly.

Originally, my plan was to build a chessboard and auction it off for the Little Angels contest. However, others mentioned that having pieces painted for the set might help raise more money; some offered to help by painting pieces and donating them to the set. After a great deal of discussion and contemplation, we’re going to go for it.

We’ll be using a Living vs. Zombie theme, so we’ll need minis for both sides of the conflict to fit into this.

So, here’s the deal: the deadline for entries into the Little Angels Auction Contest is February 14th, 2010. That means that I need to have the all of the pieces in hand no later than February 10th, 2010. That’s just over two months to complete the set. It’s close, I know, but I think we do this.

If you wish to take part in this (and there are many ways you can help out), please be sure to check out the guidelines and then sign up over at WaMP or send me a PM.

Getting a pretty good response to this and I want to thank everyone that has signed up so far.

We still have several pieces left to go, so don't hesitate to jump in and volunteer, even if it's for one piece.

As I mention in the sign-up thread at WaMP, it's fine if you don’t think you’ll have time to paint a mini for this.

If you have an unpainted mini that’s on the list, please let me know if you would like to donate it to the set and I’ll take care of painting it. You will, of course, receive a mention for donating it.

Heck, just cheering us on as we try to pull this off would help!

Okay, only one month left to go until the deadline on this project and there are still some pieces not spoken for. So, if anyone has any of the following that they would like to donate, painted or unpainted, please speak up!

Living (white):
    Rook #1 and 2: Tony (Hasslefree)
    Knight #1 and 2: Ray (Hasslefree)

Zombies (black):
    King: Zombiefied Professor Beattie (Hasslefree)