Future Floor Wash... how to get it?

Thread: Future Floor Wash... how to get it?

Default Future Floor Wash... how to get it?

Could someone help me to buy the wax-based acrylic "Future Floor Wash"?

For information about those who did not know what to serve:
    THE COMPLETE FUTURE

It is marketed in the U.S., but not manage to get here in Italy.
    Could you help me?
    Current position in the standings:

Future Floor Finish is sold in Europe under the name of Johnson's Klear.

Quote Originally Posted by akaranseth View Post
    Future Floor Finish is sold in Europe under the name of Johnson's Klear.
    Thanks, yes, I know, but here in Italy is not available.
    Today I tried to buy from a U.S. site, now I see how it will
    end.

Thanks

Let me know if you can not get it

Quote Originally Posted by TAB Studio View Post
    Thank you for availability.
    Now awaits the outcome of the expedition, I hope it is good!
    I have just a lot of models where I want to try the product in question

I think you may find the stuff they produce now in europe has been changed in formula, if your using it for painting and spraying.

I'm guessing in the USA its still good, as there not getting stuffed by the EU rules, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Baylien View Post
    I think you may find the stuff they produce now in europe has been changed in formula, if your using it for painting and spraying.
    Yep, I think Klear was just recently reformulated. But good news, I just saw a magazine comparison last week and despite looking different (cloudy now, with a brownish tinge) and smelling different it appears not to affect how it works.

Einion

Ah, thanks Einion, as i wanted to try some too.

Several colleagues modelers have tried the "alternative", but none matches the original "Future".
    The various "clones" can be found in this lik: THE COMPLETE FUTURE WAX

I hope that my additions to the original formula; It has a total transparency.
    I do not know if it's only a rumor, but on the forum say: "new "washings" of Games Workshops include a good percentage of Future Wax!"...

I'm curious to try to paint the transparency, but also as an alternative to oil paints for the aging of military.

...hoping it does not block the customs as "substance suspected terrorist ..."

In australia future floor wash is called "pledge one go" it is exactly the same, i don't know if you have that in italy. hope this helps

Anyone knows what the stuff is called in the netherlands?

Quote Originally Posted by TAB Studio View Post
    The product has arrived.
    I have not had problems with customs because it was shipped in bottles compatible air transport ... but ... There is always a "but" ...
    "With hindsight" I had to order more; actually a bottle of 100 cc is an understatement.
    I'll start experimenting with the operation.

If you could get hold of more, let me know how and what :-)

thanks

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

The above link lists what the product is called in many countries and the shops that stock them.
    I am not sure if the article goes into the Aussie Pledge containing ammonia but for those who use this keep it in mind due to the effect it can have on acrylics.

Unfortunately I don't think it includes Italy ... but it does have the Netherlands.

edit: I have an article in Fine Scale Modeller ( I think) that lists it's availability by country so I will repost if and when I find it and it has info on Itay.
    Last edited by bullfrog; 12-25-2009 at 08:50 PM.

The Swannysmodels link is posted above twice already (including in the opening post)

Einion

@Einion: But you know what they say! The third time is the lucky one!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

If you are having problems getting Future Floor polish and you want to do 'washes' or make paint transparent, then I can highly recommend Vallejo Glaze medium. It works a treat. It turns paint into a wash, plus it also delays the drying time, thus allowing you to do some nice blending Being a dropper bottle, you can also choose how transparent you want to make your 'wash'.

Hope that helps

Yeah unfortunately the bills have to be paid and working up to 18.5 hours a day is not conducive to sitting infront of a PC for hours. Sometimes my speed reading involves too much speed..... but thankfully I aint losing sleep over it.

Becareful with Future... If your models sit in sunlight they will get a yellow tinge.