dark angels pred tank WIP - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dark angels pred tank WIP

Newbie, please be gentle ianclark360's Avatar

After looking at KMDs pred i did some weathering on mine here is the sponson w/ effects C and C please.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thumbs up

Paint chipping looks nice.

Ooh, love the wear and tear on the armor.
    Blasting forth in three part harmony!

Cool

well since the only reply i got lately was on the paint chip "wear and tear" as Prophecy07 said I did more. I added a DA chapter badge. I put a terminator shield on the turret ill post pics when its done. Is there too much chip not enuff is the gun metal over shadowing the brown "rust" should i darken or lighten the effect whats up whats every body think so far?
    Last edited by ianclark360; 12-19-2009 at 09:47 PM.

I'd like to see more that three pics of the exact same angle. If you have that kind of chipping all the way around it is enough in my eyes, might want to add a bit to more exposed areas though, corners, the bolter casing, the front... it looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

i only had the one side done thats why the same three shots w/ diiferent light. I did both sides the same way now and will post soon. What do you mean by exposed areas? thanks for the feedback.

Exposed areas are the areas which are most likely to receive the wear and tear, like corners that usually are where you bump thing and the front that is the side that most often is the one facing the stuff damaging the tank
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

thanks chrome ill beat up the front end more....

alright some new pics.......finaly!

Nice Pred but I think you could highlight more the green. Do you have bigger pics of the Marine?

ok here are some better shots the marine is not done and niether is the tank . I agree more highlights do you have a good techniqe ?

yeah so alot of people are looking but no one leaves a comment whats up......

Dear Ianclark,

my problem is, that I hate Tank and everything, that looks like a big metal crate. So it is hard for me to comment yout model. And because of my dislike I dont want to frustrate you...

I can only tell you to set more accent on the edge, so that it would add more depth.... and a little more shoaddows...

Sorry... but these arent my models.

Greetings, Taggi
    How do you know, that Taggi has been assimilated to borg: "Rezitanz fiutail ist."

Sorry for violating the english language.

Please rate my comments, even if there is critism in it, as a personal point of view. I do not have the absolute truth in minature painting and every word said by me is only a suggestion, that may be thought over or simple ignored. So, happy painting!

And my own Dragons:

uhhh thanks

I would sectionalise the model into smaller parts and work on them one at a time, super-detailing if you like.
    For example the cupola alone can have the glue marks removed, shading and highlighting, the lenses of the vision ports painted, Plus handles and signs, maybe a searchlight?, Etc etc, for me that would be a few hours work. then move on to the next area, tracks for example, corrosion, weathering, mud can all be added. you get the idea?
    dont get me wrong its a good job...make it great!

the reds seem a little transparent they show whats underneath if you get my drift here's a tip use a brighter colour as a base coat for the red sunburst yellow or white then apply the red it should make it pop. nice green its very remeniscent of the dark angels ark work on the "let the galaxy burn" novel
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by Tercha View Post
    then move on to the next area, tracks for example, corrosion, weathering, mud can all be added. you get the idea?
    dont get me wrong its a good job...make it great!
    i agree a litle muck on the tracks looks good i use a mixture of fine milliput dust and pva glue fine sawdust will do though.

for example
    http://coolminiornot.com/212972

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

awesome yeah thank you those are some great ideas. ive been working in some hight lights and am painting my pintle mount gun. I seee what you mean about the red. I like the mud effect idea as well.
    Last edited by ianclark360; 05-25-2010 at 10:37 PM.

still mightly impressed by the green keep up the good work

Default im back

So heres what ive been up to. Anybody know why I cant see any of the previous thumbs I posted all I see is a grey box. Anyway C and C welcome!
    Last edited by ianclark360; 06-05-2010 at 04:23 AM.