I Miss Painting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Miss Painting

I know exactly what that is like, Becca. When I got my teaching credential, I had, rather literally, three hours a week of free time, and I gave that up for fencing because I needed the exercise.

Still, as I was saying in a recent thread, sometimes our lives are more complicated than they have to be. Is there something that you could give up to get maybe 45 minutes a day (or week) of painting? Television watching is a great thing to cut back on.
    You see, fate is like a cat. Sometimes it is nice, and lets you pet it, and it sits in your lap. Sometimes it does not care at all and just wanders around ignoring you. Sometimes it farts in your face, scratches you, then coughs up a hairball on your carpet that you have to pick up.

School is out and I remain!
    Last exam yesterday
    Anyone else able to celebrate a small break
    are you all across the pond on a simlar school schedules?

I dunno.. ask me ten years ago

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by TAB Studio View Post
    School is out and I remain!
    Last exam yesterday
    Anyone else able to celebrate a small break
    are you all across the pond on a simlar school schedules?
    Some are, some are not.
    Most are breaking up Friday 18th, But one Catholic School in our area releases its pupils on Tuesday 22nd. (Of course it's run by Penguins)
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaintminis View Post
    I seem to be in the same boat with those of you who can't paint.

school. I've got about 2 weeks before winter break where I hope to get back into the painting world. The sad thing is right before I stopped painting I had almost finished this mini that is, in my opinion, the best i'd done yet. I'm pretty sure 2 years wrapped up in a box are going to take their toll and I'm a bit nervous to unwrap her and finish the base
    Doooo it! I assume you mean that Fire Maiden thing, right? Yes I remember it! And I remember suggesting a cliff base with her looking off the edge, which I still recommend. Lava bases are done to death these days :P

not turning the TV on is probably the best way I find to make time to paint, I work and live on construction camps and paint after a 12=+ hour day at work, after eating, i go to my room, music on, get the paints out and paint, though I paint mainly for relaxation, I find it clears the mind, cant think of anything else when trying to paint pinhead sized eyes! I dont have any deadlines with painting and have to concentrate to actually finish a mini, tending to hop between different ones.

Yeah... I'm worthless.

Sounds like I get about as much done as you all, but I can typically swing about 2.5 to 3 hours a night, 4 nights a week, plus a good 6 hours on sunday.

I guess I need to step up my speed. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Beamo View Post
    Yeah... I'm worthless.

Sounds like I get about as much done as you all, but I can typically swing about 2.5 to 3 hours a night, 4 nights a week, plus a good 6 hours on sunday.

I guess I need to step up my speed. :/
    Look at stepping up your efficiency, not your speed. No good going faster if you lose quality. Efficiency is actually easier to work on, IMHO, than quality.
    You see, fate is like a cat. Sometimes it is nice, and lets you pet it, and it sits in your lap. Sometimes it does not care at all and just wanders around ignoring you. Sometimes it farts in your face, scratches you, then coughs up a hairball on your carpet that you have to pick up.

My wife says my problem is I never finish anything because before I get done, there's a part I think I can do better, so I end up trying to redo it.

I'm working 60+ hr weeks on a farm, in France, 1100km cycle journey away from from my painting gear.

So I couldn't paint even if I had the chance

Peace and love...