My first 7+ ?

Thread: My first 7+ ?

Default My first 7+ ?

Yesterday i finnished my latest mini, a GW Dwarf Slayer with Heavy Weapon. Also my first attempt on a snow base using pva glue mixed with white paint and topped with baking soda.

http://coolminiornot.com/239058

The mini was painted using GWs foundations only, i really like the dismal tones they have, thats the feeling i wanted for my mini.
    But im having a hard time with the contrast on the photo, the top side of the axe is really as highlighted as the bottom part, but the light eats away on the effect

I would be happy to recieve comment and help on how to improve my painting!

I hope this will be my first 7+ on this site

he's nice mini. high sixes, not sure if he is 7+. no views of his back for a start...

as for improvements.. personally i would make hte gaps between his fingers darker and also make the gems darker

good luck!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I like it a lot, but the gems seem a bit too matte to me, maybe if you were to darken them at the bottom and hit them with some gloss?

Can't really say anything about the base as I can't really see it, but love the expression on his face.

Marc

photo looks ok to me, but you have to realise that NO photograph of ANY model will look like it does in RL, you just have to try to get as close as you can im afraid

and as previously mentioned you cant really see the base, an elevated shot of that merged into the pic would help i think

Quote Originally Posted by Rugne View Post
    I like it a lot, but the gems seem a bit too matte to me, maybe if you were to darken them at the bottom and hit them with some gloss?
    Marc
    ill take this a step further, the whole model seems a bit flat for me. if you want high scores on cmon (which not everyone cares about), then you really need to push the contrast, a lot.

There's certainly a need to dramatize the piece a bit more, with contrast and what-not. Also the NMM is unconvincing, looking like a charcoal-coloured weapon. Keep it up!

Not bad one but we need a back view. I think it is 7.

Thanks for the feedback. For my next mini i will go even futher in the shades, and i will practice my NMM aswell.

I also need to improve my photograf skills

Its still on 7 points, with is my highest score so far!