models representing "list"

Thread: models representing "list"

Newbie, please be gentle ianclark360's Avatar

Lightbulb models representing "list"

I thought a thread for proper representation of gear on your model would be a good resource. Reason being as a new player builder a gray area exsist as to what must be added to a model to be accurate to "list". For example do I have to add both smoke launchers to a pred to use them in game, or if I build a predator with a driver model sticking his head out of the forward hatch thus limiting the rotation and barrel elevation will a penalty be asesed.

So how about those two examples I am building a DA pred and would like to know the concensus or if posible definitive quote from a known resource.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

game doesnt care if the launchers are on or not (mayb theres a cover that pops open?) as for the driver poking his head out.. he ducks as the turet swings over. just like models in the front line are asumed to duck so the other members of they're squads can fire.

awesome thanks i just want to mount one launcher up front....

so what if I add terminator armor elements to my pred can I claim extra armor on the tank and vice versa can i just say they are decorative.

To be honest unless you plan on playing in a GW store or in one of their tournament competitions it really doesn't matter what you do. As long as your opponent is made aware of what things represent and whether they have been "bought" with points in the game then you can do what you like. So as you state.. in one game you can get your extra armour ( with the appropriate points paid :0) but in a different game and you feel you don't need it then say it is just decorative. Only GW will enforce the rule of "you can only use it if it is represented with the appropriate part on the model".
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

Quote Originally Posted by nels0nmac View Post
    To be honest unless you plan on playing in a GW store or in one of their tournament competitions it really doesn't matter what you do. As long as your opponent is made aware of what things represent and whether they have been "bought" with points in the game then you can do what you like. So as you state.. in one game you can get your extra armour ( with the appropriate points paid :0) but in a different game and you feel you don't need it then say it is just decorative. Only GW will enforce the rule of "you can only use it if it is represented with the appropriate part on the model".
    even things such as extra armour GW is leaniant with. the main concern is weapon choices, and say making a character a terminator that would otherwise be in normal power armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Fang View Post
    even things such as extra armour GW is leaniant with. the main concern is weapon choices, and say making a character a terminator that would otherwise be in normal power armour.
    Alright well the GW store will be were I play when i finish an army to field as i dont know anyone else who knows how badass 40k is. Thanks for the feed back.

Just remember to keep the weapons straight. Smoke, searchlights, etc. are not optional wargear so don't strictly even need to be modeled.

As to extra armor, it's not really worth buying most of the time for a pred- save the points. Keep the EA on land raiders transporting assault troops or maybe dreads. As to modeling it, it is unnecessary as the upgrade may just be a reinforced crew area, which would not be visible externally. Most players and tourneys won't care. Where you run into problems is models that look they same (say two preds) and one has extra armor and the other doesn't. Then it should be modeled to avoid confusion! Extra ornamentation would be perfectly acceptable 'counts as' extra armor.
    Last edited by jamemurp; 12-08-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Addiotion