"Ghost Stories" repaint project

Thread: "Ghost Stories" repaint project

Default "Ghost Stories" repaint project

A coworker bought a copy of Ghost Stories but it came with two red pieces instead of a green piece. The solution? Repaint!

The game is a cooperative four player game in which you protect a village from ghosts drawn out of a deck. There are minis for 4 players, 8 ghosts and 2 buddhas, so this shouldn't be a huge project.

First off, the original figs are quite flexible and brightly colored. Not exactly the right mood for a game about ghosts...

They are sized about like normal 28mm wargaming figs.

Below is WIP, taken with a camera phone. I painted green dude (previously extra red dude) over the weekend, and we're working on the rest together at work on lunch. After painting him I applied a liberal coat of Minwax polyurethane then a coat of VGC matte varnish to kill the shine. We're going to handle him as one would in a game to see if the matte varnish wears off (revealing the glossy areas) or if the paint wears off altogether.

Well that green guy looks very nice indeed. The photo is a bit titchy but he looks like a proper mini rather than a board game piece. Congrats The game sounds fun too. Cheers, B.

Added WIP 1 photo. This is the actual unpainted mini I worked on (as opposed to a screen shot stolen from boardgamegeek.com) and the same figure after some painting.

that's quite an improvement
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg