So..., what did you get for Xmas? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So..., what did you get for Xmas?

I got the usual dvd's Star Trek, Terminator Salvation, Starsky and Hutch Series 1 and Two, the W.A.S.P. Babylon album and some minis this year which was a surprise, I got a Drop Pod, Skaven Doomwheel and Screaming Bell kits. Alli in all a good Christmas this year.

Santa brought me a guided off-shore fishing trip to be had in the spring, a subscription to a hobby magazine, and Dallas Cowboys grill tools, among other things.

The best part, though, was seeing the excitement in my childrens' faces as they enjoyed all the things they got.

40k Stormlord tank

Warhammer fantasy rulebook

Supernatural S4, Coraline, Bolt, and Monsters vs Aliens DVDs ^_^

Aaand an argument which has left 2 family members not speaking to each other I swear some people should just learn when to leave... they gave me a stinkin' cold virus too **grumble, grumble**

For a change I actually got something worth mentioning:
    some sculpting tools;
    a bottle of one-step crackle medium;
    and a couple of bottles of craft paint.

Einion

main thing i got was a macbook pro with photoshop, illustrator, and indesign for my graphic design course at college, then i got

skullcandy headphones
    booze
    chocolate
    aftershave
    then a few dvds

Quote Originally Posted by .sam. View Post
    main thing i got was a macbook pro with photoshop, illustrator, and indesign for my graphic design course at college, then i got

skullcandy headphones
    booze
    chocolate
    aftershave
    then a few dvds
    What was wrong with the old laptop? :P

Got an ipod touch, gaming chair, and a big hug off the hubby

Shaz

I'm definitely getting old, I got socks, a jumper, and some tools...

Quote Originally Posted by Fizl View Post
    Got an ipod touch, gaming chair, and a big hug off the hubby

Shaz
    Well...if the hubby got to put his hands on you...wouldn't that make it HIS present? :P

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoy2k View Post
    Well...if the hubby got to put his hands on you...wouldn't that make it HIS present? :P
    Joint pressie I guess

Shaz

I got a dead mother-in-law. (and no...in this case, that's NOT a good thing) As if it wouldn't be hard enough on my wife in general, her mother passed ON Christmas day. Kind of takes the shine off of her second favorite holiday. <<sigh>>

Kinda late on this topic but what the heck.

I got two pairs of football boots (i only needed one but then nike sent me another pair for free, so cant complain)

che part 1 and 2, transformers 2 and termie salvation on blu ray, mighty boosh live.

A method man t shirt and hoodie, a redman t shirt and some ghostface trainers (yea a big wu fan)

assassins creed 2 on ps3 and a UP mug :P

of course some lynx and socks.

I didnt get any mini's but did paint an andrea cyborg for my gf's brother and doing little red riding hood for my gf. will post pics eventually

Blog Entries

Christmas isn't such a big deal in Japan so I actually didn't get anything and told my family back in the UK to spend any money on the kids.

I have the best presents ever though My 10 month old Son and my wife ^_^ it was nice to have some time off to spend with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleezy View Post

of course some lynx and socks.
    Of course, it's not christmas unless there's socks and deodorant, lol.

Marc
    Help me to hatch my eggs , click on it

Sorry I am a bit late on this, trying to catch up on some of the threads here.

32" flatscreen HDTV
    a PS3
    CoD MW2
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Assassins Creed II
    Dragon Age Origins
    Fallout 3
    Overlord II
    Uncharted
    a zebra print snuggie (I look hilarious in it but it is WARM! great for gaming as well)
    The ability to watch my wife and kids faces when they opened their gifts!

yes im reviving a dead thread... flog me for it :P any way since ive been gone to the states visiting the gf and otherwise busy until recently (will be so again this weekend... watch the WIP forums for a trygon posting on the 16th :P)

my very generous and loving family has purchased me a lovely second doom wheel model to add to my new skaven army im starting as well as a Canon PS1200IS that today (14th) was brought back and traded in for a Nikon coolpix S570 as the Canon was constantly taking grainy photos that looked worse then our 5 year old Nikon. absolutely love it! takes great pics of both minis as well as your plain old every day type of image.

Blog Entries

Well, I got a load of stuff really

underworld boxed set, wolverine origins, watchmen on blu ray, borderlands, resident evil, namco collection on the 360, lots of cash, a swish new art easel, a john howe book, sweets, whisky....

best of all I got two packs of socks - so screw you sock monsters, muwahhahha.

dfb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Fang View Post
    ...Canon PS1200IS that today (14th) was brought back and traded in for a Nikon coolpix S570 as the Canon was constantly taking grainy photos that looked worse then our 5 year old Nikon.
    That's not the first time I've heard of this problem (not with Canon only). I wonder sometimes if they put cheap CCDs in some cameras and hope the unlucky people who get them won't know enough to return them!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfacedboy uk1 View Post
    underworld boxed set, wolverine origins, watchmen on blu ray...
    Oh I'm sorry.

Einion

i have to say i quite liked origins. yeah some bits could have been better but it was pretty cool

more to criticise with the underworld boxed set. although i still enjoyed parts (mostly kate beckinsale's errr parts...)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Blog Entries

Nah, I like underworld alot, the first and the third were both good, the second was acceptable, the films look visually great and I like the concept. Havn't seen wolverine yet or read anything about it....

dfb