New Year Resolutions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year Resolutions

Default New Year Resolutions

Well, it's almost time again, who's making them? What are you making? Who's saying screw it and not bothering?

Mine (which will probably last all of an hour) is to give up the smokes.

Marc
    Help me to hatch my eggs , click on it

I'm going to try to paint at least a mini a month. I've got a bunch of dollhouse minis of Disney characters that I need to get done for my wife, and my drawer of lead is getting full anyway.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Cut back on caffeine! Like that will ever happen....

Clean my workspace!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

No so much resolutions as aims, but

win a demon
    get a 9+ on cmon
    get what I am doing with my life after college sorted for at least the next year..

try and be good
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I'm also going to try and paint a mini a month. I've joined a local painting group that has a monthly competition and I think that will help as I work better (read at all) with deadlines looming!

Marc, I gave up smoking a little while ago and what I find helps is to set small achievable targets and reward yourself for reaching them. I started by saying if I can not smoke for 2 weeks I will spend £5 on myself then if I make it to 4 weeks another reward. Then 8 weeks and so on.
    I think i'm coming up to the 8 weeks now. Just set the rewards appropriately and you're golden.

Eat more cake, cos cake is good.
    Hit the Pyrenees by winter.

Peace and love...

deeeeep in woods in gulf coastal mississippi usa
    Blog Entries

I hereby resolve to play my stereo a bit louder, shoot my pistol off the back porch a box or two of ammo more, and chase the wife around the bedroom more. (the bit about the pistol? I live on a swamp, nearest neighbor is a mile and a half downstream, no worries...)

Getting to the Pyrenees would be great, but I'll have to settle for going to the Ozarks instead. And quitting the smokes is a damn good thing! Do it! It's hard, but worth the work.

Then there's that shelf full of primed and ready minis. We are starting our game sessions back mid-January, I ought to have some ready for it. Guess I've got to get busy. But there's so much on CMON!

lol. Y'all be safe over the New Year! See ya on the other side!
    Last edited by daddyo; 12-28-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: still can't spell for nothin...

I don't bother making them anymore. I always forgot about them after the first week and I'm to lazy to live by that.
    I just hope that 2010 is going to be a nice year. 2009 was amazingly depressing, especially the beginning and ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    i prefer to get two miniatures and rub them around on my gaming bobos.
    Totally going for #1 -->

Quote Originally Posted by alextheartist View Post
    No so much resolutions as aims, but

win a demon
    get a 9+ on cmon
    get what I am doing with my life after college sorted for at least the next year..
    same here

also:

paint more mini's..... this years grand total come to 3 XD

get out of my parents house, and into a house of my own (preferably along with my girl )

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    try and be good
    I like the TRY bit.

I gave up a LONG time ago.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Paint more smoke less those are the goals I aim to achieve.

Well mine is too give up smoking, but first Ill have to start....stu.....

-More drinking
    -More Swearing
    -I'd like to hit an 8.5 with a submission or two here
    -Commit at least one hate crime
    -Win a prize. I don't care what it is or what it is for, but I need it.

Quit smoking, go to bed earlier, get in shape, eat better, blah blah blah....
    The only one I'm likely to hold is complete more that 4 minis this year
    And even then ...

Quote Originally Posted by daddyo View Post
    I hereby resolve to play my stereo a bit louder, shoot my pistol off the back porch a box or two of ammo more, and chase the wife around the bedroom more. (the bit about the pistol? I live on a swamp, nearest neighbor is a mile and a half downstream, no worries...)
    You should kill 3 birds with one stone by blasting your stereo while chasing your wife around the bedroom shooting your pistol?

For me I haven't set any resolutions and won't be since I never keep them. Well maybe I'll try and get a model that's a 8+ here on CMON.

None for me - I made a resolution a few years ago not to make any more resolutions and it was the easiest one ever to stick to

Einion

mine is not to buy myself any more figures for 2010, hope to get to work on my lead mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by exilesjjb View Post
    mine is not to buy myself any more figures for 2010, hope to get to work on my lead mountain.
    Good luck! Personally, I think if you make it to march without buying anything you're some kind of super hero. Not like Superman or Thor or anything, maybe closer to Ant-Man, but still a super hero. Keep us posted on this please.