Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Tee's Official WIP

^ what coyotebreaks said, plus its easy to fix up dont sweat it. As for the painting dont ask me im only a noob myself, the advice i will give is "keep at it until it works"
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Thanks guys!

I painted a little bit more tonight. I want to take my time and get this one right.

Pics.
    Name:  IMG_0212.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  344.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0213.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  324.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0214.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  332.6 KB

I hope to work on it more tomorrow.

thanks for looking and any painting advise.

tee

Hi Tee,

What sort of look are you going for with the painting? I'm far from an expert, but happy to give advice where wanted.

Personally, the green and red are too colourful for a plague/nurgle/diseased piece. I would try to mute them a bit. Use more of an olive/khaki green for the uniform, and a dark maroon-ish red for the shoulder plate. Thats my personal preference. The boots look good.

I think I would also try to weather the metals more. I like the rusty look you have going on the floor plate, so I would carry that around the cockpit. Maybe add some verdigris to the copper around the engine. I use a watered down blue green.

Based on how he looked with the head attached, my take on it was that he has become a part of the vehicle. I would paint him as if he has been there a while. Think Bootstrap Bill in the last Pirates of the Carribean movie. You can add colour and contrast to the tones in the flesh, and the tubes feeding his head.

Looking forward to seeing the next pics.

All those individual components are looking great now Tee and will really start to come together with some paint. Its hard making the jump for the modelling to the painting sometimes...I know I have found it hard to kick myself into gear on my project.

Keep it up though...things will naturally change over the course of what you are doing...although they may sometimes seem to be going in the wrong direction....sometimes they give you a push towards a new approch you would'nt usually take.

Paint wise...I'd be of a mind to get a solid base colour down and then start layering up the stains, grime, weeping fluids, rust and general decay. I quite like the idea of him being almost fused into the seat....

Thanks Capt & Hairster,

I think I get what you both are talking about. I also started watching some videos online about other people painting nurgle stuff.

I plan on getting a lot of painting in this weekend. Thanks again for the input.

tee

Nuffin to do wiv Cassar! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you wanna go and do Nurgle stuff there's one of two ways of doing it. There's going from white (the loyal chapter colour) and dirtying the hell out of it with washes/etc. Or paint from greens. Nurgle is mostly olive greens, going for a brighter shade is a bit counter. Then again it depends what you want to do with it. What is your vision of how you want it to be?
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by Tee888 View Post
    I also started watching some videos online about other people painting nurgle stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Yg2ukwpTo

This video from Warhammer TV is probably a nice one to watch if not done yet!

Dirty white sounds nice, green for Nurgle's been, if yoi pardon the pun, "done to the death". White should provide nice contrast to all those nurgly additions you sculpted.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Hi Guys,

Torn: I was thinking of starting dark green and working up to really light green. and adding dirty at the end. At least that was my thoughts before watching a bunch of videos.

Kirr: I did see that video. It is nicely done.

Cassar: I did not think of starting with white. I am not sure i can now that i already started with a darker green.

I can not wait till work is done this week so I can get back to painting this weekend.

tee

So I started painting right after work today! I have been looking forward to it all week.

I did a bit of work on the pilot. I have to say I have really fell in love with my new size 10/1 Taklon Corneille 7350 brush!
    It has a great barrel for holding paint. I really am happy with it.

Anyways back to pic.
    Name:  IMG_0217.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  319.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0218.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  364.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0219.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  453.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0220.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  310.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0221.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  388.7 KB

i just started the first color on the Boot Straps! See what I did there CAPTiN

I also plan on stealing some of Hairsters Rust paint recipe to make the pilot all dirty.

Anyways thank you for the input it has totally helped.

More to come tomorrow.

tee

Wow I have to love camera pics. It totally shows mistakes and flaws. Looks like I need some cleanup.

check out bloodasamedium's thread "newest works...." he has a really good nurgle colour scheme going on there.

I have been watching BAMs thread. Really good works!

I started adding the dirty washes today making the pilot all dirty.

Pics
    Name:  IMG_0222.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  323.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0223.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  317.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0224.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  339.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0227.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  332.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0226.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  306.0 KB

tee

I think this is about the best I am able to do on the pilot. I am not sure I am totally happy with it. But at this point I think I need to move on to other parts of the mini.

pics:
    Name:  IMG_0228.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  351.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0229.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  351.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_0230.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  407.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_0231.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  299.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0232.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  376.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0233.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  344.6 KB

I plan or working on it more tomorrow.

tee

If you feel brave get some streaks coming down from those rust patches. And in the future it's easier and almost necessary to paint pieces seperately and then glue them on into place after they've been completed.back to the rust streaks start with bestial brown thinned out and keep applying it getting smaller and smaller until a very thin line runs down the middle of the stain. Now some people will say why do this as it's the pilot in a canopy. If this was the case I'm sure tee you've never would've put the rust patches down. Plus it's great practice on weathering. You got this.

BTW thanks to you and CASSAR FOR THE SHOUT OUT.

Hey BAM Shout Outs totally deserved! Your plague marines are coming out Epic! I tried another go at adding another at the rust streak using bestial brown like you said. I like how they came out. Thanks for the advise!
    I also added some copper patina to the copper bits.

I finished the pilot and protected him in matte finish. I also base colored the main chassis and started painting the cockpit. I still have a little more work of the cockpit.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Tee888; 10-01-2017 at 12:12 AM. Reason: need to add more pics

Cockpit pics
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Pilot in the cockpit.
    [IMG]

Thanks for looking and any painting advise.

tee

Yes! Tee. Really coming together nicely. The weathering is working and pulling the whole thing together. If you feel comfortable you could push it further. Reference pics of coroded machinery are essential to have in front of you when working i always think.

BAMs tips are gold.

Biggest tools in my rust toolbox are - Vallejo old rust pigment, Vallejo game colour skin tone ink. Army painter Strong and soft tones. A bright orange for micro specs of really fresh rust.

Get a spare pit of plasticard lay down a base colour and practise.

I use the skin ink wash neat, watered down, streak with it....experiment see what works for you. same with the pigment powder....apply it dry, mix it into a paste with some water or medium and cake it on, scratch at it when it's dry, add more inks and tones:

I always try try to imagine the processes that have gone on with armour or machinery to make them how they are and replicate them with my paints and modelling tools.