Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Tee's Official WIP

Good progress, mate! It's looking great.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

thats coming on a dream, head transplant has been successful I see

glad to see he's got his head together lol
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Thanks guys! I really was not happy with how the pilot came out so I started watching more youtube videos on painting skin tones.
    So i went back and worked on the face also added a bit more rust. I am much happier now.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

For some reason if I put more than two pictures in the thread it says it is possibly spam and wont let me post.
    So I have to port two pics at a time

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Pilot back in chassis.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I started watching youtube videos to get a good idea for a paint recipe to paint the armor on the outside the typical plague marine green.

Any advise on paint recipe/techniques is most appreciated.

tee

Hi Tee i used the hairspray rock salt technique on my deathguard, i started off with a base coat of scab red (burgundy) i mottled it with yellow here and there, then coated it with a thick layer of hairspray sprinkled the rock salt over it whilst still wet (important to get the rock salt to stick). Contray to normal miniature painting practice have your paint thick use green and layer thickly but gently over the salt etc use a hair dryer to dry it quick it gives it a scabby aspect. Repeat the hairspray and rock salt (leaving on the original salt too) then different shade of green and/or yellows. repeat as many times as you want. once you have finished let it dry for a good while then gently (very gently) wash under a warm tap. the rock salt/hairspray will wash off leaving a scabby poc marked pant job.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

some examples of the technique
    Name:  Photo001-17.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  67.5 KBName:  Photo004-16.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  36.5 KBName:  Photo002-15.jpg
Size:  75.3 KBName:  Photo007-13.jpg
Size:  102.5 KBName:  Photo012-7.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  101.5 KB
    Last edited by cassar; 10-05-2017 at 01:34 PM.

that looks really good, nice weathering

Hi Cassar,

Thanks for the advise. I gave the salt weathering a try a while back. I think i may have to look into it again.
    Thanks for the advise and the pictures also. That really helps out.

tee

I started work on the back. Holy details Batman! There are a lot of things to paint on the back.
    Plus me and my OCD-ness I have to paint it. Someone at GW took the time to put these awesome details in. Seems disrespectful not to paint it.

So here is a pic of the back so far being all clean before I got all crazy and make it look rusted out and nasty.

[IMG]

BTW damn if those pictures do not always point out my mistakes .

see you all on the flip side.

tee

Progress is looking awesome so far Tee. You're certainly right about the amount of detail the designers packed into this model, it's a work of art even before go and make it better with all the Nurgle delights.

If I could suggest something, there are a lot of wires on the armour around the body. Maybe hit them with a bright red or orange just to accent the inevitable green.

Name:  IMG_0279.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  22.8 KB

These wires ^^^
    error 404: signature not found

Much much better. That's one handsome pilot and the best up machinery is outstanding of a job.

Thanks Guys! Fox please make suggestions. I still have some learning to do when it comes to painting.
    I will totally give that a go with the red and orange wires.

tee

Got some more of the back done. Also started added dirt and patina on the copper stuff.

Here are a couple different pictures
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

tee

the pilots head is not quite to my taste, but the weathering on the brass vents and particularly the skulls on the back there I think works really well

Thanks Droid for the imput.

I worked on the Axe and the main chassis the last few days. I have a bunch of cleanup to do still but I wanted to post pics.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I have a bunch more to do tomorrow. Thanks for looking and any advise you can give.

tee