Miniature Mentor Subscription
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miniature Mentor Subscription

Default Miniature Mentor Subscription

Just wanted to get a quick opinion of current subscribers to the miniature mentor video tutorials. I took the plunge and paid the 70 bucks for the subscription, downloaded all the videos and am now wondering if I should stick with the sub or cancel. Although I'm very happy with the quality of the content, they just don't seem to active with putting out new material or their communications. Do any current subscribers know how often they put new videos out and if it's worth sticking to their subscription service?

I might should stay silent because I do not subscribe to the course. Yet if I were to respond from a knee jerk reaction...
    In 10 months you would have 80 dollars to individually download new content if they have it available, seems a better choice if they are not updating rapidly. When I google "miniature mentor review" I notice that the speed of new videos has been questioned for before now thought the quality is reviewed to be wonderful for what they do have but you know that already.
    Last edited by TAB Studio; 01-05-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: ps - welcome to the forums
    Winter is Coming...

http://tabstudio.com

I'd sit out on the sub and pick them up as they're made available. I have most of them, and I like most of them as well.

personally, I cancelled my sub, because it was months between videos. Why am I keeping up a subscription payment, for a video here and there every couple of months that isn't even something I'm interested in, subject-wise. I was downloading the new stuff just to justify the expense. I think the Giant video was the last one that I really wanted to see. If they sped up the release schedule, it would be worth it.

I subscribed early on, and while I was happy with the quality and content of the videos, I ended up canceling since the actual release schedule made the subscriptions non economical.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I did cancel my sub a few days ago just before the renewal date. Since subscribing and signing up for their newsletter, I've had no email communications. Even if they didn't have the time to put out a video per month, the least I thought they would be able to do is send out a monthly newsletter keeping their current subscribers informed.

Anyhow, hopefully things change for the better there and I might buy more of their videos. The content and quality has been some of the best I've seen so far.

So do you guys download the videos or buy the dvds?

Download for me. I think some of the videos they offer don't even have DVD options and if you get a subscription, it's all downloads unless you pay more.

This day and age, downloads are way better. Took me about an hour to download each video and had the whole collection ~35gigs in about a day or two.

I cancelled my sub a month or so ago as well. Just too long a wait between videos.
    Check out my blogsite at:
    http://chewinthephat.blogspot.com/

Stop in, kick your shoes off, chat it up. We'll paint up some minis.

Blog Entries

I cancelled mine to, great content just way too slow updating. I will re-subscribe later in the year I think. I also have to say that the support is good. I sent an email after having a couple of problems and both occassions the emails were answered within hours. Ater being initially put off by the problems another member here had I took the plunge and was glad i did. I want the kraken painting dvd next, it was out of stock at the time i was going to buy it - anyone have that and care to give a quick overview/review? I have heard it's good.

dfb

I just bought it 3 days ago ,i am new to painting minis there is a lot to learn in this hobby lol.I like the idea of watching a master paint they have over 14 videos i watched 2 and liked them both.The camera view is great they tell you what paint colors he is using there is alot to take in, i dont understand everything they say but i look up what they say on this sight which is awsome cool mini.For what they offer i have not seen anything like it ,ilook at a few vids on you tube but it can not compare to these vids.Well that is all i have to say

I just started a subscription service only because they had an offer to do it for 40.00 instead of the original 70.00. I have to say for 40.00 I belive it was money well spent. All the videos I've watched so far have been great. Camerawork is great and it's great seeing how many worldclass painters paint up close. But with all that, I'm already dissapointed with the lack of updates. The true metal painting tutorial has been up on their site for quite a while now, and on their latest newsletter it mentioned a couple of new tutorials coming in Feb, which of course, have not shown up. So IMO, I would only sign up for the subscription with the intention of downloading their current offerings which is a deal considering each one is 20$ or more.

And the ugly rears its head again. I am not going to get started on why you should stay away from them.

I was a beginner in painting when miniature mentor started up. I subscribed to it and thought I had struck gold. It allowed me to watch over the proverbial shoulder of painters that far surpassed where I was (and am). I wanted to learn to paint, and to paint well. I owe whatever progress I have enjoyed over the past few years to a handful of mentors and to miniature mentor. I paid $40.00 upfront when the offer was first made to subscribers, and I pay $8.00 a month. I like to product so much, I am disappointed that I don't get something every month, but what I do get from them is worth far more than $8.00 a month. For what it is worth.

I've been looking at signing up and wondered if the $40 offer you guys used is still available?

I would sign up for their newsletter. That's usually where they offer the 40$ subscription offer. I got an email from them today saying they are going to send a new newsletter out soon. Possibly today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodakai View Post
    I've been looking at signing up and wondered if the $40 offer you guys used is still available?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfacedboy uk1 View Post
    I cancelled mine to, great content just way too slow updating. I will re-subscribe later in the year I think. I also have to say that the support is good. I sent an email after having a couple of problems and both occassions the emails were answered within hours. Ater being initially put off by the problems another member here had I took the plunge and was glad i did. I want the kraken painting dvd next, it was out of stock at the time i was going to buy it - anyone have that and care to give a quick overview/review? I have heard it's good.

dfb
    Love the Kraken DvD. I go back to it constantly. I would rate it as some of the best money I've ever spent on the hobby. It's really all inclusive and laid out very well so I can find exactly what I am looking for when I go back to refresh myself on something. A+ from me!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfacedboy uk1 View Post

dfb
    Sorry but the support is amongst the worst I have ever come across.

Get that JMT DVD, it is by far better value the the MM stuff I have seen. It is more complete too.

sign up for the newsletter, wait a few weeks and when it comes out there is an offer for the 40.00 sign up.

I signed up once i got that email, and have subbed for one month waiting for the fabled FEB releases . . . which havent come.

So i payed 48.00 for all of the videos on the site. Worth it at that price imo.

for the actual price they are asking tho to sign up, Not worth it at all. Dont even bother paying the first months sub, You can download everything on the site within a week or so of not even trying. After that bail on the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by atacam View Post
    Sorry but the support is amongst the worst I have ever come across.

Get that JMT DVD, it is by far better value the the MM stuff I have seen. It is more complete too.

Atacam, what is the JMT DVD? Not something i'm familiar with.