Sherlock Holmes in damned good film shocker

Thread: Sherlock Holmes in damned good film shocker

Default Sherlock Holmes in damned good film shocker

I found it to be a corker.

I'm sure a good handful will disagree, but that's what we do round these here parts.

And I know there was probably a thread about it, but I'm not resurrecting old threads, maaaaaaan.

Quote Originally Posted by reverend View Post
    I found it to be a corker.
    Yep I agree Light Hearted entertainment with a Blatent Sequel Lined up.
    Like that Watson was portrayed properly and not as some bumbling old duffer. Lets face it Holmes wouldn't have put up with him if he was that gormless.

Like the whole atmosphere of the movie, kinda made me have a "Wanna Do Steampunk" moment.

OH and parts of it were shot in Manchester, Blackburn & Liverpool.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Shel's old uncle Lyn says that some reviewers have veered towards Holmes and Watson being lovers (in the context of the film), which I think is just plain lazy journalism. There's a huge amount of chemistry on-screen though.

The obvious sequel doesn't rankle though, as Moriarty is now introduced and gives a million and one opportunities to make a decent film. I'd be very upset if the follow-up was a pile of poo given all the things they could do with it

The obvious sequel doesn't rankle though,
    Doesn't here as I'm kinda looking forward to a sequel.
    Even recommened my dad to go see it.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

And I know there was probably a thread about it, but I'm not resurrecting old threads, maaaaaaan.
    good disclaimer!!
    Shel's old uncle Lyn says that some reviewers have veered towards Holmes and Watson being lovers (in the context of the film), which I think is just plain lazy journalism. There's a huge amount of chemistry on-screen though.
    i have admittedly only seen trailers but it does look a little gay. there is always the theory that the characters were lovers anyway
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Bachelors, and very good friends. Guy Ritchie has done a top job of getting a proper-best-mates vibe on-screen. I never once picked up on any 'gayness' when i was watching it, just the kind of relationship some women find difficult to deal between their lover and another bloke, because it's such a tight bond .

I saw it, and highly enjoyed it, there were some parts of it that didn't quite gel right for me, but that's a matter of taste. ( I don't want to give out spoilers)

Marc
    Help me to hatch my eggs , click on it

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    good disclaimer!!

i have admittedly only seen trailers but it does look a little gay. there is always the theory that the characters were lovers anyway
    And that Holmes was a woman.....
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    And that Holmes was a woman.....
    That's a new one. I've heard one that stated that WATSON was...as evidenced by Nero Wolfe's creator Rex Stout. Evidence found HERE for those with interest. And no, it isn't serious.

I think it has a long way to go before it tops the claims that Sam and Frodo were lovers.

Merry Sam Pippin Frodo!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Merry Sam Pippin Frodo!
    Don't go bringing the hobbit 4 way into this, lol.

Marc

I really enjoyed it. I love the depth of occult references that GR went to. Also, the whole film was beautiful and the acting was quirky just like i expected it to be. Its nice to see he kept the humor while also keeping GR's signature slowmo' fighting stuffs.

I admit that I have only seen the trailers, but I found it quite odd... stopping an evil d00de who was raised from the death, hot chicks, magic, epic fighting skills, karate watson and weird-arse rituals... what does it have to do with sherlock holmes?
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    i prefer to get two miniatures and rub them around on my gaming bobos.
    Totally going for #1 -->

It's Legolas, he just got finished fighting a bunch of orcs with his snowboard shield, grew facial hair and went to London. The "homoeroticism" must have rubbed off from the hobbits.

Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    I admit that I have only seen the trailers, but I found it quite odd... stopping an evil d00de who was raised from the death, hot chicks, magic, epic fighting skills, karate watson and weird-arse rituals... what does it have to do with sherlock holmes?

It does all make sense in the end, I promise!
    Watson is more of an old school brawler then a martial artist, but Holmes fighting style is actually very interesting, based more upon a study of anatomy and the effects of damage on the human body rather then this block counters that punch and so on.

Marc

Just bloody watch it! It's fantastic!

Unfortunatly i have not seen this movie yet but i do want. However the wife isn't interested. Hmmmm after reading these posts might have to sneak out one day to catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Onis Lair View Post
    Unfortunatly i have not seen this movie yet but i do want. However the wife isn't interested. Hmmmm after reading these posts might have to sneak out one day to catch it.
    I'd definitely try and see it - i really enjoyed it! I had the same "must do something steampunk" afterwards as DR as well.

Just wanted to add this

Marc