orc army/ space marine army.

Thread: orc army/ space marine army.

Default orc army/ space marine army.

Hey guys,

i'm going to be doing up a space marine army, and an orc army to sell. This will be done to a high tabletop quality. However, i was wondering what models would be good to choose for this?

I was personally thinking of just getting two Black reach box sets(cost effective!) and then maybe adding some stuff.

Would this make a competitive list? I don't really play the game, but i want the army to appeal to people who do. Any help would be wonderful. (once all this is finalised, i will post some pics on painting it.

Cheers, Gary. Thanks in advance!(Oh and anyone who is part of the wash thing that i'm doing, i'm still tinkering with the formula. And i realized that the last medium i was using, left a big gloopy mess at the bottom of the bottle. So i changed mediums, and now it isn't as matte, but it covers and looks alot better... so i'm still trying to figure out how to make it more matte again, without the gloopy mess! Once i figure this out, i will await bottles in the mail so i can ship these things out to you guys! Cheers!)

if you are planning to sell it all IMO you are better selling them as units rather than a whole army (you make more money and open it to more buyers). This has a big advantage that you can paint what you like to paint but keep in mind you will sell more core units than heros at table top std as those with money will buy display std heros
    Come join the Fun

20 boys w/choppas
    40 boys w/shootas
    4 trukks
    1 battlewagon
    3 deffkoptas
    1 warboss
    1 bigmek
    9 bikes
    5 blackreach nobs

thats 1 blackreach set.
    4 boys sets
    4 trukks
    1 bw
    1 bigmek
    3 packs of bikes

thats give or take $500 worth of an army....that will reach you close to the 1500 point limit. but not all the way unless you kit them out. and mind you its a place to build from. thing is, most people like em' certain ways. i dont know what to tell you...but no one is gonna pay more than $400 for the army, even if it is above table top. you gotta build the name up first or you might get lucky and have someone offer you some goodmoney for it. its just the economy is uber bad right now...and its hard to sell painted stuff. id buy 4 assault on black reaches, split em up and sell the components seperately and make the difference up on them on-line.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Well the way my pricing system works out, it's about $4 per model. And i'm sure wether to do what exiles said, and sell the units, or just sell the whole faction as either a "starter" or expansion on an already existing army. I'm part of the general youtube community. And most people know me. They just need to see more of my work(i'm friends with all the big names as well) And i have done commission in the past, i just want to take it to a new level. you can check me out at youtube.com/obsidianpainting

Thanks for the words. Anymore comments are welcome!