yearly husband birthday thread (2010) - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: yearly husband birthday thread (2010)

Well, I would dispute Absolut being a CRAP vodka, but...I will concede it not being a premium brand.

And Taggi, you're MEAN. Looking at this paintjob, I will now stop playing and painting, since I can't do it that well.

deeeeep in woods in gulf coastal mississippi usa
    Blog Entries

Taggi, this is wonderful work. Your husband is a lucky man. And don't worry so much about tearing apart the english language- some of us have been speaking it all our lives, and still can't figure it out. You're doing well.

Excellent painting! Your husband better love his gift. It looks great! Looking forward to seeing more...

-Matt

Thank you guys for your compliments!

Sorry for the short post this afternoon, but I was very thrilled about the fotos, that ware made for me.

@ mud duck:

Well... than I might have the absolut (not absolute) wisdom in everything, afer four beer glasses of vodka...

Thank you for your hint, I have change already my signature.

@ DannyBoy2k:

Neeee.... öhm... no... like my husband said: "What would life be without a challange." Go on painting... And reaaaaaaaally, the last photo is great, but the part does not have the effekt in the reality!

Greetings, Taggi
    How do you know, that Taggi has been assimilated to borg: "Rezitanz fiutail ist."

Sorry for violating the english language.

Please rate my comments, even if there is critism in it, as a personal point of view. I do not have the absolute truth in minature painting and every word said by me is only a suggestion, that may be thought over or simple ignored. So, happy painting!

And my own Dragons:

Taggi,
    I really like the blue lighting you did. I wish I could do work like that!

Vary nice Work.

Tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

I really like it. The blue gems are really good.

Hello guys... I pop this a little up...

Well... Finally I did finished the back side of part 1 and 2... parts 3 and 4 are already painted. And glued... assuming my speed stays a one part a week, and I am right with my feelings, that this model has got 1000 parts I will be finished... öhm... not before my death...

We will see, what is wrong the assumtion of my speed or the amount of the parts...

Unfortunatelly my friend does not make photo every week. But I have tried to copy some of this tricks. I think the photos of my cellular phone are better now, but are surely not the quality of my friends...

I have painted the bottom part not as bright as the top. Because I wanted to set ge focus on the top. Some part beneath seams unpainted. Yes, they are only black, but I refuse to paint parts, that wont be visible after glueing at all..

So.. perhaps have some fun:

P.S.: Sorry this time no chance for a bigger resolution...

Greetings, Taggi
    Last edited by Tagamoga; 02-25-2010 at 10:17 AM.
    How do you know, that Taggi has been assimilated to borg: "Rezitanz fiutail ist."

Please rate my comments, even if there is critism in it, as a personal point of view. I do not have the absolute truth in minature painting and every word said by me is only a suggestion, that may be thought over or simple ignored. So, happy painting!

And my own Dragons:

Every star is were they should, even if the pattern look a bit messy in my opinion this is absolutely top notch. the osl is absolutely fantastic. will look amazing when finished, even for an eldar
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Taggi the only thing I can say about this is it is beautiful and you husband is a lucky man.

Taggi ist das einzige Ding, das ich um dies sagen kann, es ist schön und Sie Ehemann ist ein glücklicher Mann. Hat dies gut übersetzt?

It's awesome,Taggi. *bows*

Very pretty paint Taggi I look forward to your friend popping round so that we can see bigger pics Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

So amazing great work Taggi !!!
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

@ all: Thank you for your compliments

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    Every star is were they should, even if the pattern look a bit messy in my opinion this is absolutely top notch.
    What do you mean with messy? Perhaps it is a problem of the photos, but there is a link between each "star", so you have a light grid on the wohle part... that (should) look rather technical...

Quote Originally Posted by devoncodain View Post
    Taggi the only thing I can say about this is it is beautiful and you husband is a lucky man.

Taggi ist das einzige Ding, das ich um dies sagen kann, es ist schön und Sie Ehemann ist ein glücklicher Mann. Hat dies gut übersetzt?
    It is ok. *smile*
    Correct would be:
    "Taggi, das einzige, das ich sagen kann, ist, dass es schön ist und Ihr Ehemann ein glücklicher Mann ist."

*Hug devoncodain* Thank you for your troubles. If you like, I can "correct" the automatic translations a little bit... This is the minimum I do in return.

Greetings, Taggi.

And my own Dragons:

Quote Originally Posted by Tagamoga View Post
    @ all: Thank you for your compliments
    What do you mean with messy? Perhaps it is a problem of the photos, but there is a link between each "star", so you have a light grid on the wohle part... that (should) look rather technical...
    im sorry i also have a bit of a problem sometimes to find the right words. like now. err... damn english language! but there are lots of stars in a little space, which are on the edge of creating a bit messy (confused?) pattern. (dont get me wrong this is still kickass great! )

Quote Originally Posted by devoncodain View Post
    hey, why dont anyone ever tell me my girlfriend is a lycky girl?!? i'd really like to show her that becaus i dont think she appreciate me painting as much as i want!
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

im sorry i also have a bit of a problem sometimes to find the right words. like now. err... damn english language! but there are lots of stars in a little space, which are on the edge of creating a bit messy (confused?) pattern. (dont get me wrong this is still kickass great! )
    Hey... no problem, I am here to discuss... Would you mind, to take my picture, and mark the messy part with a red outline in GIMP or Photoshop? So I know better, which part you mean.

hey, why dont anyone ever tell me my girlfriend is a lycky girl?!? i'd really like to show her that becaus i dont think she appreciate me painting as much as i want!
    Paint her a model, that she will aprreciate. Or sculpt her a bust of her face and paint it... you may make a conversion of her like and elfish sorcoress or something like that...

Greetings, Taggi

And my own Dragons:

@SkelettetS: Is it 'Cluttered' you're after? (Plottrigt)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

I haven't got much to say except that it looks amazing and that I'm looking forward to see the rest of the walker!

@Chrome yep that seems to be the word thanks

Tag, it's the pattern in talking about, not the painting (well not directly anyway). still think you pull it off, but its on the egde. of beeing cluttered

haha yeah i could sculpt a bust of her, if i had a deathwish that is LOL. it would probably look like monkeyboy after im finished with it!
    ...actually i did paint her a dragon back in the days when we were dating which she loved. that dragon dont look that much now though, luckily ive evolved my skills a bit
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Hey, I have a question about how you are painting it. In the second picture the background of the war walker seems to be golden, but in the other pictures it is black. If it is golden, have you used the same technique as the design, or some sort of bronze paint?

I would be grateful to have another picture of the front of it and a quick explanation of how you have done the area behind the designs (as good as the designs are, the background interests me more!)