yearly husband birthday thread (2010) - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: yearly husband birthday thread (2010)

fair play taggi, this is really sparkling!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Thank you guys for your compliments!

[joke]
    Quote Originally Posted by pate View Post
    I'm looking forward to see the rest of the walker!
    No problem! Here you are:

[/joke]

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    @SkelettetS: Is it 'Cluttered' you're after? (Plottrigt)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    @Chrome yep that seems to be the word thanks

Taggi, it's the pattern in talking about, not the painting (well not directly anyway). still think you pull it off, but its on the egde. of beeing cluttered
    You are trying to frustrate me, arent you guys?

messy, untidy, cluttered... *hrmpf* Ok, touchy feelings aside. The pattern, that lies near the cockpit I have made more laying dense, to drive the focus to the cokpit. Perhaps you mean that?
    And before a misunderstandings occurs: No I am not touched or something like that. I was only joking. Only with critism I cam improve myself!

haha yeah i could sculpt a bust of her, if i had a deathwish that is LOL. it would probably look like monkeyboy after im finished with it!
    ...actually i did paint her a dragon back in the days when we were dating which she loved. that dragon dont look that much now though, luckily ive evolved my skills a bit
    *laugh* ok... so no sculpt... öhm... but you see, she likes your paintings! That is the important point. Perhaps a realy nice female BOUGHT sculpt? With words like: This one remebers me very you, so I have painted it for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Oden View Post
    Hey, I have a question about how you are painting it. In the second picture the background of the war walker seems to be golden, but in the other pictures it is black. If it is golden, have you used the same technique as the design, or some sort of bronze paint?

I would be grateful to have another picture of the front of it and a quick explanation of how you have done the area behind the designs (as good as the designs are, the background interests me more!)
    Well... in the fotos you see one big problem of mine. I dont have a good cam, only the cam of my cellular phone. Many details are missing, with this cam. The only one made with a good camera is that one, that seems to glow. It is made with diffuse light in a light box. So no reflections of the light bulbs disturbs the foto. The real truth lies a little between. The golden glows is only a little tiny smal bit in real, but not so great, like on the professionally taken foto.

[joke]
    Wel... how did I paint it... hm... shall I reveal all my mysteries , so that everybody can copy my great ingeniusness? I have experimented at least more than one week, to find out, how it works!
    But anglelike as I am (*LOOOOOOOOOOOL*) here you are:
    [/joke]
    Ground the part with pitch black. First colour is Black mixed up with "scorched brown" in a ration of 10:1 Cover everthing with it except the rifles. Than use "scorched brown to "higlight" these parts, that should glow in the end. Finished. But beware: Without the golden lines, it does not look like it is glowing...

Greetings, Taggi
    Last edited by Tagamoga; 02-22-2010 at 11:03 AM.
    How do you know, that Taggi has been assimilated to borg: "Rezitanz fiutail ist."

Sorry for violating the english language.

Please rate my comments, even if there is critism in it, as a personal point of view. I do not have the absolute truth in minature painting and every word said by me is only a suggestion, that may be thought over or simple ignored. So, happy painting!

And my own Dragons:

Quote Originally Posted by Tagamoga View Post
    @ all: Thank you for your compliments

"Taggi, das einzige, das ich sagen kann, ist, dass es schön ist und Ihr Ehemann ein glücklicher Mann ist."

*Hug devoncodain* Thank you for your troubles. If you like, I can "correct" the automatic translations a little bit... This is the minimum I do in return.

Greetings, Taggi.
    That would be most appreciated. Thank you.
    Der am meisten geschätzt werden würde. Vielen Dank.

sorry taggi i didnt mean to frustrate you, i just having a bit of a problem to express what i mean heh.... as said, i do look awesome. seems like you got a few parts left though you paint the minotaur simultaneous? eager to see a update there more my kind of mini!

no, no sculpts for me. conversions are ok but to scuplt a whole mini/bust is out of the question. dont find it fun to sculpt at all really, greenstuff is more a necessary evil. but i thank you for the ideas, id probably paint something to her when im finished with da orks and my other commissions (like in about 200 years, that is...)
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 02-22-2010 at 03:58 PM.
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by devoncodain View Post
    That would be most appreciated. Thank you.
    Der am meisten geschätzt werden würde. Vielen Dank.
    Das wäre sehr zuvorkommend. Vielen Dank. (rather formal)
    Das wäre super. Vielen Dank. (rather common)
    You are welcome!

sorry taggi i didnt mean to frustrate you, i just having a bit of a problem to express what i mean heh.... as said, i do look awesome. seems like you got a few parts left though you paint the minotaur simultaneous? eager to see a update there more my kind of mini!

no, no sculpts for me. conversions are ok but to scuplt a whole mini/bust is out of the question. dont find it fun to sculpt at all really, greenstuff is more a necessary evil. but i thank you for the ideas, id probably paint something to her when im finished with da orks and my other commissions (like in about 200 years, that is...)
    You see... I have misexpressed myself too. I have ment in the last post, that you buy a casted mini that look similar to your girlfriend, not to make one by your own, because it could look like a monkeyboy ... well communication... *laugh*

And no, I am not frustrated... It was really only a joke. Sometimes I have good moods too...

Well Mr. Steroide Arnie is in my lokal shop and I paint it only in my lokal shop. Unfortunatelly one Saturday I was on work, the last one I was ill... so no brush stroke was made. Next Saturday I am on a tournament... well I think Arnie has to wait a little bit, but I will post as soon as changes are made!

And yes, nearly 994 parts are missing for the warwalker...

Greetings, Taggi
    How do you know, that Taggi has been assimilated to borg: "Rezitanz fiutail ist."

Please rate my comments, even if there is critism in it, as a personal point of view. I do not have the absolute truth in minature painting and every word said by me is only a suggestion, that may be thought over or simple ignored. So, happy painting!

And my own Dragons:

Quote Originally Posted by Tagamoga View Post
    well communication... *laugh*
    yeah, this is starting to work out really well!

...just of pure curiosity; what is it for tournament?
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Warhammer fantasy team tournament. Each of the two player team has 1000 points. I am playing with a friend. He has got High elfves, I have got wood elfs. Well... there are some limits additionally to the rules, but though I will put at least 42 archers on the board... *evil smile*

Greetings, Taggi

And my own Dragons:

im sorry but its been too long for an update. i want more. this is a great piece. and if you could do a tutorial on how you get the effect with the golds and whites on the piece, please pretty please tell us.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

I was kindly informed, that the long periods between my updates are disgusting and offending to my "fan club". I have at least to post once every two weeks, even if the stage is not worthy in my eyes...

Guys... are you really so impatient? Dont forget impatience is rarly a good advice facing a woman!

But here you are in the attachments. I have got problems to paint the cockpit, that it is still transparent and in the right colour. And no... the pilot is not finished... *sigh*

Attachment 2420

The first pic shows only, how the cockpit should fit into the rest of the concecpt.

Gold effekt-tut:
    1: paint black.
    2: paint with a mixture of 10:1 Black an scorched brown, except the rifles.
    3: "highlight" some parts with scorched brown. That is where the black will shine like illuminated.
    4: paint the ornament in Bestial brwon.
    5: highlight 75% of the ornaments mit Snakebite Leather.
    6: highlight 50% of the ornaments with Burbonic brown.
    7: highlight 25% of the ornaments with a mixture of 1:1 burbonic brown and white.
    8: final highlights (spots) with almost white.

finished...

Greetings, Taggi
    Last edited by Tagamoga; 05-12-2010 at 09:47 AM.

And my own Dragons:

This is pretty amazing. Thanks for your gold recipe.

Oh heavens Taggi! What you supposed to do with that clear blue plastic!?! Although I realise now that it doesn't go there after looking on GWs site The ones you linked to in the Gallery in your initial post seem to have overpainted the entire thing but now that you've gone to the trouble of painting the driver it'd be a shame to not be able to see him. If I remember rightly you can use Future/Klear to get the plastic as clear as possible, although I'm sure the military kit modellers on here will be able to better advise. Do you intend to run the pattern up the window frames?

Oh yes, nice work too

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Thanks guys...

oh, the plastic was clear WHITE before... The blue touch is made by me and costed a big amout of tries and time. White did not fited to the colors of the rest in my eyes, so I tried to "dye" it in blue... so it will be in this blue...

and the frames will bee (i hope) soon in NMM gold, because the are to thin for patterns.

Greetings, Taggi

And my own Dragons:

looks awfully good taggi, wow!
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Hi Taggi, congratulations on tinting the plastic blue, it sounds like a nightmare of a job to me. I've only ever dealt with clear plastic bits once, on an Alien 3 kit (dog Alien, 9" high, 12" long) whose brain cover was a clear sheath. It went straight into the bin The modeling skills to make it look like anything other than cloudy, chunky plastic were/are beyond me. I'm interested to see how well you manage to pull its use off.

Thinking about it last night, if I were to approach this project I'd either cut the windows out, just leaving the frames & have imaginary glass. Or, if I could cut neatly enough, do it as a blob cut-away. That way the hole allows a clear view of the cockpit & driver & the remaining window bits can be painted opaquely to either reflect lights/pattern on the spaceship or a less local source, reflect a star system/galaxy.

I confess though, the liklihood of my painting a spaceship is about that of my doing a tank or a dreadnaught, sod all

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

good lord, it's that small!?! the details were awesome enough when i thought the part was falcon sized! the colouring is just so warm, dramatic and mystical. it's mesmerizing! Personally, i'd imagine the driver in some other colour than the walker, but that looks great the way it is. do you do a lot of freehand, to be that good?

my general opinion of the common electric guitar:
    it has two strings too many.

Hello mr.Krinkle, how are you today?

If i had a nickle everytime i made something look bad, i'd be making money in a very strange way!

Thank you guys for your compilents.

Quote Originally Posted by BPI View Post
    Hi Taggi, congratulations on tinting the plastic blue, it sounds like a nightmare of a job to me.
    MUHAHAHAH! You dont have any clues about... *laugh* The problem is, that you need a coulor that is translucent. The are only few of them in blue. And any in the "right" blue that I needed. So i had to mix up the right blues with every inks, washed and so on... second problem... hwo do you paint translucent paint uniformly? Well... air brush... Next problem... this FHS cockpitwindows is so slicky, that airbrushing causes very odd spotts... ** Ok... here the recipie:
    Get an air brush, brush the thing with glossy finish, so that the second layer will have a groundation. Mix up your translucent colour, that you need with a amout that surely will be enough. Thin it with tamya with a ration of 1:1 and now spray it with very much patience...

I'm interested to see how well you manage to pull its use off.
    I am sorry, but I did not get the meaning. What does it mean?

Thinking about it last night, if I were to approach this project I'd either cut the windows out, just leaving the frames & have imaginary glass.
    Yeah... but I have something in my mind with the inner part of the window. And for that I need a "canvas" to paint on...

Or, if I could cut neatly enough, do it as a blob cut-away. That way the hole allows a clear view of the cockpit & driver & the remaining window bits can be painted opaquely to either reflect lights/pattern on the spaceship or a less local source, reflect a star system/galaxy.
    Well... I like the Idea of looking through the window so much, that... well... no opaque painting... and it is very hard to paint this, because of the light. It will look only in one position correct... so no... but nice Idea...

I confess though, the liklihood of my painting a spaceship is about that of my doing a tank or a dreadnaught, sod all
    *big smile* Well.. I "LOOOOVE" tanks too... *giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuun View Post
    good lord, it's that small!?! the details were awesome enough when i thought the part was falcon sized! the colouring is just so warm, dramatic and mystical. it's mesmerizing!
    Now I have been caused embarrassment again... Thanks...

Personally, i'd imagine the driver in some other colour than the walker, but that looks great the way it is.
    Oh, is not finished yet. At the last stage I wont be that golden. It is the "foundation" for... - I dont want to spoil everything - another idea of mine...

do you do a lot of freehand?
    Öhm... well... aktually not... the first one was the one in the attachment.

After that the three ones on the coat of my chaos champion... (http://coolminiornot.com/242858)

and now this. I did not felt ready for freehand earlier... This is the first one, that is really big. Well, I think I am more the exact painter than the creative one. So the basic idea for the war walker is stolen too: Falcon

Greetings, Taggi
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tagamoga; 03-10-2010 at 03:05 PM.

And my own Dragons:

is the problem with the windshield the matte blurry finish? If you're trying to get rid of that you might want to try painting on some GW hard coat (clear gloss sealer) on the window frame to test it (especilly if you plan onpainting the window frames black or gold to match the rest. the gloss should resurface the mini(if you paint both sides) and get rid of the hazy-nesss.

Hi Taggi,

BPI: "I'm interested to see how well you manage to pull its use off."

TAGGI: I am sorry, but I did not get the meaning. What does it mean?

hmmm, rephrase *ponder*

I look at the clear plastic bits in a kit with horror because I am unsure how to deal with them. Watching you work with the clear plastic is interesting to me so that I can learn more. My instinct to just throw the component into the bin may change after watching what you achieve, because I expect it to be brilliant (no pressure)

Will you pull it off? = Will you succeed?

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Cover View Post
    is the problem with the windshield the matte blurry finish? If you're trying to get rid of that you might want to try painting on some GW hard coat (clear gloss sealer) on the window frame to test it (especilly if you plan onpainting the window frames black or gold to match the rest. the gloss should resurface the mini(if you paint both sides) and get rid of the hazy-nesss.
    I tiny little bit of "blurriness" is recomendet if I want to paint the inner part of the windshield with my idea. But I will use clear gloss for sure. Thank you very much for the hint!

I look at the clear plastic bits in a kit with horror because I am unsure how to deal with them. Watching you work with the clear plastic is interesting to me so that I can learn more. My instinct to just throw the component into the bin may change after watching what you achieve, because I expect it to be brilliant (no pressure)

Will you pull it off? = Will you succeed?

Cheers, B.
    Oh, my hubby tells me everytime, that I dont know the meaning of the word "surrender" *giggle* It wont be perfect for sure, but I try hard! And yes after the windows was finished, I had have got more blue color on my hand than on the window... *laugh*

Greetings, Taggi
    Last edited by Tagamoga; 03-10-2010 at 02:35 PM.

And my own Dragons:

It is beautiful Taggi. Keep up the good work.

Es ist schönes Taggi. Mach weiter so.