Darksword miniatures wizard

Thread: Darksword miniatures wizard

Default Darksword miniatures wizard

up on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT
    i would have done a neater link but don't know how to do it (the old system was waaaaaaaay easier lol)

nothing special i know, just a bit of character painting.

The face looks a bit flat but the robes are nice and I really like the leather/fur thing on his back. It's a pleasing color combo and really get across a feeling of texture and volume.

Zach

Quote Originally Posted by CrookedEye View Post
    The face looks a bit flat but the robes are nice and I really like the leather/fur thing on his back. It's a pleasing color combo and really get across a feeling of texture and volume.

Zach
    appreciate the feedback

p.s. love the darksword minis in your gallery, seriously nice eye candy

Good one there.
    Only crit is the face, greyish on a grey mini, doesn't stand out much.

Nice guy. I don't really like the face but the robes and the animal leather at the back are good.

Quote Originally Posted by generulpoleaxe View Post
    appreciate the feedback

p.s. love the darksword minis in your gallery, seriously nice eye candy
    Hey, thanks! I've got a couple more in the works. The sculpts are so good and Jim is one of the nicest people I've ever met. Makes you feel good about painting them. haha.

I forgot to mention, I like the chipped away base too, gives it more depth.

Zach

love the robes and the base but i agree that the face does seem to blend in a bit
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

really ace work. the robes are perfect, and that beard! as far as constructive criticism goes, i think that the leather inside of the pelt is too light in color, esp. in the recesses (no shadow).

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with many on this, I think the face is great, very subtle which isn't something you see much of round here. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Twosoc View Post
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with many on this, I think the face is great, very subtle which isn't something you see much of round here. Well done.
    yeh man hehehehehehe back up from the bolton brigade hehehehehehe.

how are things mate, not had chance to pop in to town and have a chat for quite some time.

I also like the face....it fits the haggard pale look of a weary wizard better than a more fleshy tone imo.

Overall me likee. The robe is the clear strong point, not that the rest of it is badly painted or anything!

Few points: I think the underside of the pelt should have been a bit darker given it's facing downwards; the dirt on the hem could do with being a little less uniform; last and least a couple of painted dings on the staff I think would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by generulpoleaxe
    i would have done a neater link but don't know how to do it (the old system was waaaaaaaay easier lol)
    It's actually easier in vBulletin than it was - click on the globe+mobius strip symbol, paste the link into the window that opens and hit return. Then immediately type in the name of the link (the name portion of the coding is highlighted so it's automatically replaced by typing).

Einion

I think the colorchoise suits him very well. i like the grayish face too, i dont think warm colors on the face would fit. this make him look more old and weatherbeaten.
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

how are things mate, not had chance to pop in to town and have a chat for quite some time.
    Yeah I'd noticed, we miss you dude. Not gone to trafford like some other swines I hope.
    things aren't too bad I might have a part time job lined up which will ease the pressure a bit. You'll have to pop in on thursdays, shoot the shizzle.

Nothing special? :-)
    Every mni of your is special, you give particular character to your figures! :-)