West coast painters gather!

Thread: West coast painters gather!

Default West coast painters gather!

Hello All!

In years past, GDLA has been a great opportunity for the West Coast painting community to gather and talk shop. Sadly, with the cancellation of GDLA it looked like an opportunity to meet, greet, and talk shop might not be possible this year.

HOWEVER! KublaCon http://www.kublacon.com/ is celebrating it's 10th year this year in the Beautiful Bay Area and excited to serve as the premier painters event to meet, greet, and gather for the West Coast. KublaCon features classes from some of the nations best painters as well as a top notch painting competition. Last year saw a switch to the European Open Judging style in the painting competition and some new amazing trophies.

KublaCon offers 4 days of amazing gaming for all genres and ages of the hobby and runs from May 28-31. They are offering really great savings for either early registration to the Con or reservations of a room at the beautiful Burlingame Hyatt Regency Hotel, which does an amazing job of hosting the event each year! Every year space at the hotel fills up quick, so take advantage of these early bird savings.

Hope to see you this year at the Khan of Cons! KublaCon!

http://www.kublacon.com/

WARNING: Painting all of your miniatures may lead to death.

"There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch... and kill some zombies."

I am planning on attending Kubla Con, and was excited about the painting contest with the format you described - but the website shows the usual 1-3 place and best of show judging. I will attend regardless, but if the painting contest is returning to the old style of judging I won't be entering.

The Website will be updated soon at Kubla Con.
    The contest is a European Judging system, so you are only competing against yourself.
    You can't be bumped by a 'better' painter. If 6 people deserve a gold medal, 6 people get gold medals!

Come to San Francisco and join in the fun!

"There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch... and kill some zombies."

Website is updated.
    New Facebook Fan Page is now online for the KublaAwards

Hello All,

I know some of you are regulars at Kubla Con and I wanted to share with you the new Kubla Con page on facebook.com. The link below will take you to see the winners from the Kubla Con '09 painting competition.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=376488139784

Furthermore, I always like to mention that Kubla Con offers a great weekends worth of gaming for everyone and is held at a really nice venue. No matter what type of gaming is your thing, CCG, minis, historicals, LARP, RPG, Boardgaming, Kubla Con can keep you busy for a full 72+ hours of gaming goodness. If you haven't ever attended, this would be a great year to do so! This year is the 10th anniversary of Kubla Con and promises to be one of the best.

www.kublacon.com

Hope to see you there!
    pez5767

What, no Epic?!

Thanks for the heads up & I'll try to make it there. Pretty darn convenient having the con so close to SFO.

Some really nice minis in the gallery from last year & it's always good to see local work.

keep forgetting this one is so close.
    i hope to have something to enter this year.
    Now doing commissions! PM me for details.
    wanted: any plastic models from the screamingbell/Plague furnace. PM if you have any.