I see the newest eBay trick...

Thread: I see the newest eBay trick...

Cool I see the newest eBay trick...

LOL so I was browsing painted minis on eBay caus eit has been a long time and I come across a "Master" painted Orc boss guy... Looks not bad (for tabletop) and has even been reduced to like 23.99... Careful reading reveals that the "master" actually refers to the painted mini itself and the one you will get is a DUPLICATE painted with the same scheme as the "Master" mini... I bet they aren't even painted when you buy the auction and they whip it up over night!

BUYER BEWARE HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by ZaPhOd View Post
    LOL so I was browsing painted minis on eBay caus eit has been a long time and I come across a "Master" painted Orc boss guy... Looks not bad (for tabletop) and has even been reduced to like 23.99... Careful reading reveals that the "master" actually refers to the painted mini itself and the one you will get is a DUPLICATE painted with the same scheme as the "Master" mini... I bet they aren't even painted when you buy the auction and they whip it up over night!

BUYER BEWARE HAHAHA
    i'm sure that is actualy a breach of ebay rules.

If they state in writing the product is not an exact match to the picture but a likeness, I think that is fair game.

Sadly, a lot of things are not technically violations of eBay rules, but nevertheless are VERY shady. I think this is one of them, on par with that guy who sold an "X-box retail box" (yes, the box the console came in) when that system was hot and new. Of course, you could still report the auction to eBay, they may yank it for being misleading. But I doubt it, they are interested in getting their $% within the letter of the law, and not much else.

Some of those supposedly "pro-painted" minis are so badly painted that you almost wanna mail them and put 'em against the wall.

Is there really a market for it? Is it kids that doesnt like 50% of the hobby they choosed? Tho I do understand wanting really nice figures from pros, but this? I'm to old for this.

Here is my find of the day at Ebays pro-painted sellers:
    http://i.ebayimg.com/11/!BikVJFgB2k~...TjEIg~~_12.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Neuros Moonshiner View Post

Here is my find of the day at Ebays pro-painted sellers:
    http://i.ebayimg.com/11/!BikVJFgB2k~$(KGrHqMOKikEsnWbyv37BLPsoTjEIg~~_12.J PG
    Oh thats gotta rate a 9 at least if it was posted here. Man they are quality!?!?
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

Heh those are gems. Yes, the title is the real misleading part. In the actual text it pretty much says that the one pictured is the "master" that you will get a copy of... Legal yes, shady, misleading and underhanded... also yes. LOL