animal kingdom facts or fables - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: animal kingdom facts or fables

Spanish Balloons? Mongo like spanish balloons!

Quote Originally Posted by evil tendencies View Post
    I don't know about cats being clean...a woman in my Bible study was just bitten by her cat, and she said that she was lucky to have kept her hand. Apparently the infection is still so bad that, 6 weeks on, she is taking her third course of antibiotics; it's rather obvious, as her hand is still very swollen and puffy. Her husband, a PT, says that she'll likely have arthritis in three finger for the rest of her life.
    Am told there really is something called Cat Scratch Fever. Someone my sis knows almost died from it. If kitty draws even a little blood clean it like crazy.

The problem with being bitten by anything, is bacteria on the teeth, providing of course the bite(s) don't kill you. Infection until the introduction of penicillin was one of the biggest killers, with "septic" wards to try to isolate the infection from others. Human bite effects were used by Wilbur Smith amongst others as a plot device, I am only here now because of penicillin, not from a bite, but just as bad, blood poisoning, 5 months in hospital with a scratch!

argh that sounds bad Tercha. but you live in australia right? seems like everything most dangerous are collected and stuffed on that island and that just a touch of anything there is enough to kill. or i have just been watching too much television?

Its not as bad as a lot of people think, though we do have 9 of the 10 most poisonous snakes! But my blood poisoning was from falling into a coal bunker back in England when I was 4, got a bit of coal dust in the blood stream, touch and go for 4 months then a month of getting better, it was only a tiny scratch too....

Default now i know how god feels..

yes yes i understand near death experiences with cats and coal bins aside..... look at the egg!!

tercha look on the bright side the coal dust gives you a nice light blue scar
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

ok cassar, i feel obligated to give you som rep now, its one really impressive... egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn R. L. View Post
    Am told there really is something called Cat Scratch Fever. Someone my sis knows almost died from it. If kitty draws even a little blood clean it like crazy.
    There is not a test for it last I knew and many younger doctors do not recognize it...Becca almost had all her lympth nodes removed as a toddler because of the swelling in her neck ,they figured it was cancer.
    A client of mine sent me to an entomologist day before surgery, he knew it right away and gave keflex and her node drained her lymphs are still touchy to this day they swell to golfball size if she gets ill.
    Winter is Coming...

http://tabstudio.com

That's a nice egg, that is. i don't like eggs though. not boiled eggs anyways. i think they taste the way fart smells...

on an unrelated note, but related to the title of this thread; animal kingdom facts or fables: is it true that the blue whales have penises that grow up to three meters long?

my general opinion of the common electric guitar:
    it has two strings too many.

Hello mr.Krinkle, how are you today?

If i had a nickle everytime i made something look bad, i'd be making money in a very strange way!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuun View Post
    is it true that the blue whales have penises that grow up to three meters long?
    Erm...can we go back to talking about people dying by cats?

Actually, I seem to recall my female marine biologist friends talking about this. Don't know if they were kidding or not, though - they were rather (annoyingly) drunk, and trying to make us guys uncomfortable at a restaurant.
    You see, fate is like a cat. Sometimes it is nice, and lets you pet it, and it sits in your lap. Sometimes it does not care at all and just wanders around ignoring you. Sometimes it farts in your face, scratches you, then coughs up a hairball on your carpet that you have to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuun View Post
    That's a nice egg, that is. i don't like eggs though. not boiled eggs anyways. i think they taste the way fart smells...

on an unrelated note, but related to the title of this thread; animal kingdom facts or fables: is it true that the blue whales have penises that grow up to three meters long?
    apparently this is true they are well endowed however i think it has something to do with sea water and the adverse effect on their semen. some whale have to copulate in the air because of this, breaching simultaniously a quick exchange of dna and flop back into the water.

cats have never had such an adverse effect on me n i've been bitten and scratched. i hope you all realise now that the next time it happens im going to end up runninig screaming into casualty, thanks!!!

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    ok cassar, i feel obligated to give you som rep now, its one really impressive... egg.

i will treasure it forever...the rep not the egg, oh by the way its not hard boiled either

Is there a temple i can worship you in, iv been trying for the last 20mins. It aint happenen. sigh

Default happy looking whale

he must have got lucky lol

foxes grow in the artic

Cats can't taste sweet things so if you're worried about being bitten by one all you need to do is cover yourself in toffee
    “We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area” - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer

Quote Originally Posted by Undave View Post
    Cats can't taste sweet things so if you're worried about being bitten by one all you need to do is cover yourself in toffee
    There is only one reason I'm going to ever cover myself in toffee, and I can't expound upon that for fear that children might be about.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

Quote Originally Posted by IdofEntity View Post
    There is only one reason I'm going to ever cover myself in toffee, and I can't expound upon that for fear that children might be about.
    who er steady on missus ! do you know that chocolate is extremely poisonous to most animals and birds we however are safe enough unless you can eat 25 pounds of it which is the fatal limit for a human.

Cat facts / fables

1.- they have the ability to teleport....I know this for a fact. No matter how hard I try and put the cat out at night....somehow it always ends up on my bed in the morning.

2. Cats can get a version of mad cow disease. How the hell do you tell?....all the moggies I've ever known were already quite bonkers.
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

Quote Originally Posted by nels0nmac View Post
    Cat facts / fables

1.- they have the ability to teleport....I know this for a fact. No matter how hard I try and put the cat out at night....somehow it always ends up on my bed in the morning.
    you may have a point i heard my cat, cfer, meowing at the garage door i opened the door, no cat did the whole puss puss puss thing and nothing just a strange look from the neighbour who was getting into his car. closed the door turned around and there she was sitting next to her food bowl with a smug look on her face.