Elly's WIP - Page 18
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Elly's WIP

Blog Entries

Interesting to see your first models Elly and gives some hope to us lesser talented mortals. Thanks for sharing!

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Thanks for posting that stuff. It is always good to see where people have progressed. Just wait until I post mine. You wanna see bad? Fo'get about it!

Hi Elly,

Gamling looks brilliant mate. Also very nice to see your very early stuff. Thanks for sharing.

hey Elly, you know these minis are not that bad, i can show a lot worse stuff than that! lol

Im just awestruck with that gamling miniature, one of the best painted miniatures i have ever seen. Makes me feel like a noob.

And thanks for that trip down memory lane, really funny as i had most of those once. Actually thinking about all the stuff i had and have thrown out over the years due to moving makes me sad......

Thanks for the replies all! Very happy to share a few of my old minis that I have kept over the years. I have lost some, stripped some, but I am glad to have at least a few I can look back on and smile

So, more commission work incoming. The Grey Knights squad is officially being started this weekend, as well as a unit of British troops from War of Independence. And hopefully get some new work on the Sphinx as well (I know Tryst will be happy to see some progress!)
    My Rank -

elly, that´s a awesome picticle(article with pics?) on how mini painting trends looked back then:P your skills were brilliant even back then and kinda gives me nostalgia, tbh:P

Cant wait too see what you are doing with the grey knights as i have a stack of them rattling around somewhere im stuck with...not a fan of the blueish metal, but cant figure out what to do with them

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Cant wait too see what you are doing with the grey knights as i have a stack of them rattling around somewhere im stuck with...not a fan of the blueish metal, but cant figure out what to do with them
    You dont have to shade the metal with blue. You could go the nmm route or use directional lighting from the weapons to ofset the flat colours of the metal.

Elly, your LotR stuff is very inspirational. Ive always found the range a little off putting because I could never find a piece that grabbed my attention. Keep it up!!

just had a glance through your recent stuff there elly..im of the distinct impression that i now no longer like show off's Lol only joking, wicked stuff as always..carry on.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Oldskool FTW! I also still have a few old GW paints which are still usable after 20+ years... amazing.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

indeed, those old paint cans are great. still using tentacle pink, jade green(dont even make it any more:O) and mithril silver from the old citadels. they´re older than me!

I miss all those old colors especially Brazen Brass and Terracotta. Go figure: two of the paints I use the most and they get axed. 1.5 pots of Brazen Brass left until I have to start thinking up a new base for my gold work. Elly, I think a new thread is in order. Something along the lines of 'post your early minis'. That'd be a hoot. I'd have to dig out my old Biel-Tan eldar and gorilla-man warriors of chaos!

Blog Entries

Proving once again that there is hope for us all! Except me, i'm resigned to that fate, i'll just keep taking the pills.
    It has prompted me to think about trying NMM again though... Cracking stuff.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

i still love all my 20+ year old GW colors...
    they sure were built to last...
    i think it helps that the paint was thinner back then...

i keep looking for an excuse to use my old colored metals...
    the blue, green, and purple are so intense...

keep up the good work...

cheers
    jah
    Paint like you've got a pair!!!

Gah! No updates!
    You are mine now! You belong to me! You're not gonna have your mommies run behind you and wipe your little tushies! No more complaining, no more Mr. Kimball I have to go to the bathroom, nothing! There is no bathroom!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    See? A little preparation makes not wearing any pants so much more practical.

It's cause he's too busy playing zombies. Crack the whip LOL
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Haha just been super busy - lucky to have gotten a few hours for play in there. I'm fairly busy as well over the next couple of days - but I'll definitely get an update up this weekend!!! I plomise
    My Rank -

Come on! I'm right heah! Update me! Do it NOW! YYEeeaAAAaaaRRgh!
    You are mine now! You belong to me! You're not gonna have your mommies run behind you and wipe your little tushies! No more complaining, no more Mr. Kimball I have to go to the bathroom, nothing! There is no bathroom!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    See? A little preparation makes not wearing any pants so much more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboClown View Post
    Come on! I'm right heah! Update me! Do it NOW! YYEeeaAAAaaaRRgh!
    Hahaha! Soooo crazy busy my friend... Not enough significant progress made to stumble around and break out the camera - also I'm trying to knock out that War of Independence unit over the next couple of days so I can solely focus on the Grey Knights afterwards... (yay!) btw, do you mind if I finish one up and enter it into that Space Marine painting contest?

Gotta head to class and then hopefully knock out that unit tonight/tomorrow... its driving me mmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!! ><
    My Rank -