Elly's WIP - Page 21
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Elly's WIP

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Please can we see some of the latest work on the Necrosphinx? please please please..? :-)
    I have a feeling that the last update on the obsidian beasty was the latest work!

Sooooo FINALLY an update! (thanks to Tryst's persistence lol!) There will be no sphynx at GD this year, as I feel I do not have proper time to do it justice. There are just too many details and the base idea I have will take some practice to make it work (if it works). So for this year I am going to try and have a dio, an LotR entry, and you never know - I may bring something else. Anyways, I am working on a small diorama with the 2007 GD orc, and a high elf. Not much done on it but here it is:
    My Rank -

He's green! I thought for sure you'd have done a purple ork or something LOL
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Wow, very impressive so far, Elly. I love the eye, the lips, and elbows. And I cannot wait until you get farther along. I am very glad that Tryst was able to talk you into/whine enough to get you to paint something. I hope you plan to use the little snotling that came with this guy. Anyway, good luck, I cannot wait to see this already, beautiful Orc in person.

Love his eye, great work
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Excellent ork.....but I vote for a purple one.
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

Thanks guys! Hope to have more updates tomorrow evening~

Hmmmm I do have a couple extra of these guys sitting around - maybe a purple one is in the future! LOL Or pink haha
    My Rank -

Purple Ork!

I'd go for an albino one myself...
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Nice Elly! I can't wait to see your LOTR entry. Hopefully, I can get one done for GD too.

Love the Ork skin, exactly what I was trying to achieve (but failed miserably with) Definately more Orky than bright luminous green?

Good work sir! Pleased to see some WIP shots from you :-) Orc looks great, lets see some more please!!! Nice tones on the greenskin, doing a lot of them myself atm so am interested in your colour mix if you get time to post it. Especially the purpleish glaze.

Cheers
    Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

The Orc looks stunning! No surprise from you though!
    Are you planning on entering wormtongue and sauruman in Chicago?
    Currently accepting small commissions
    Now on GTalk: Exiledminiatures@gmail.com
    I tweet daily! https://twitter.com/ExiledMiniature

cool! very cartoony, almost got a disney look =)
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

glad to see you painting see you at games day.

Jeff, looking forward to seeing you there. We're bringin LotR back this year!

So, as you all have seen, I have failed horribly at completing anything for GD this year. I got the "whaaaaaaaat? Nothing??" look 30+ times during the day, but hey - it was nice not having to feel anxious all day and waiting for the results (though I admit I did miss it - it's all part of the fun!). I think being a bystander this year really got me out of my painter funk - I am feeling more motivated than ever!
    Congratz to all the winners this year - there were some really great ones~ It was a lot of fun to get to hang out with everyone, meet new people, and see people I haven't seen in a very long time. All in all, another fun and eventful Games Day (though having no demon lounge my feet were killing me by the end of the day).

So, I have decided to start on a lot of projects for the upcoming 2 years. I say two years because I am starting on my diorama idea mentioned awhile back (chaos sorcerer vs farseer) which will be for a very special GD event that I intend on competing fiercely at. For now though, my main focus will be in finishing up the sphinx, perhaps play around a bit with some LotR figures (I just love painting those!), a couple fantasy models, and a lot of sculpting practice. I do intend on finishing the Ork dio as well, though I am mainly using it now to practice sculpting (the high elf on the base is half sculpted, though I am making plenty of mistakes I need to fix hehe).

Anyways, thanks for reading! Small sphinx update coming soon! Again, congratz to the winners!
    My Rank -

Let's make it 30+ (+1) Saying this with a tear in my eye "What? nothing?"

Can't wait for updates!

Hey Elly, saw you at the convention but didn't get a chance to stop by and say hi. Was busy running around with friends getting some games and speed painting in

I'm with you on the same boat. Didn't enter anything this year, but definitely motivated to do something for next year. So many great models, going to be challenging to get back into it. But looking forward to seeing that sphinx finished as I'm sure it will place top 3 no problem. The ork above looks jaw dropping as well. You should finish him and enter him as well. I'm sure you'll place there too!

Ok! Finally an update. I have some time over the next couple of weeks too, so updates should be more frequent. So I got more work done on the sphinx, mainly the other side of the chest as well as the lower chest (minus the gemstones - those are next). Normally I like to do everything at once, but with such a large mini I am tackling it by section. I am working from front to middle, then back to middle, then finish the middle. Also included is the wip for the LotR guy I failed to finish for GD, which Imay or may not end up finishing in the near future~ Thanks for taking a look!

My Rank -

ok that is very much pure awesomness. you should finish these
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram