Elly's WIP - Page 22
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Elly's WIP

My god man that's top painting.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Inspirational.

nice! Now that is what i want to see.

Let's be fair, Jeff, you did win that round of Speed Demon which means you technically won a painting competition without even bringing anything this year! Loving the look on the sphinx. I can't wait to see it again in person. Looking forward to the updates!

Thanks all! The positive feedback is helping me get more in the painting mindset, which has been tough for me to stay in these days. Maybe I will finish the LotR guy for fun - I mean he is already halfway there

Drescher - YEEEARGH! I'll have to bring it down on the next paint day. And winning the speed demon round - that was funny since I am known for being extremely slow at painting LOL but I was determined not to come out empty handed!!!
    My Rank -

You know I am personally not a fan of NNM with most models as I always say "So many people do NNM, yet barely anyone does it right". You my good sir are one of the few I enjoy seeing do NNM.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

A little bit more done today on the right shoulder. Didn't get as much time in as I wanted (too much crap to do around the house) but some is better than none. Hope to have the gemstones filled in tomorrow, and I have a couple lines in there I need to clean up a little to make it a bit cleaner as well as maybe giving a tad more definition to the skulls. It's coming together! Slowly but surely LOL
    My Rank -

I don't know what's more impressive, the gold nmm or the black lacquer shine on certain parts of the body. Either way this is really cool!

Beautiful job so far - will be following this one! The Gold NMM is stunning, mind sharing the colors u used?

Seriously if my painting was that mediocre after 18+ years i would hand in my brushes......

Good god man, you are making the rest of us look bad!
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

P1per - the gold color is just P3 Battlefield Brown to GW Bubonic Brown (not sure what the new equivalent is - still miffed that they changed the colors ><) to White. Pretty simple really! If you wanted more of a warm orangey NMM gold you could throw GW Snakebite Leather between Battlefield and Bubonic~
    My Rank -

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    P1per - the gold color is just P3 Battlefield Brown to GW Bubonic Brown (not sure what the new equivalent is - still miffed that they changed the colors ><) to White. Pretty simple really! If you wanted more of a warm orangey NMM gold you could throw GW Snakebite Leather between Battlefield and Bubonic~
    Thanks so much! Gotta give that one a try since my lovely Snakebite is gone

having seen this monster in progress and Elly's technique in person, I can safely say its definitely not as easy as just knowing the colors.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by sm51498 View Post
    having seen this monster in progress and Elly's technique in person, I can safely say its definitely not as easy as just knowing the colors.
    Hey, Jeff, sounds like this guy is stalking you, better check your closet.

Newbie, please be gentle WargamerHub's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow, just went through this thread. Great stuff and can't wait to see more updates on the TK.

Another update! Got more work done on the "gemstones" (the triangle things whatever you want to call them). Kept with a standard theme with this guy, as I wanted to keep a classic Egyptian feel to it. Hopefully finish the rest of the blue triangles tomorrow and then off to more gold (and gotta clean up the middle area between the shoulder and front plate)... and then more triangles, and then more gold followed by more gold.... LOL I'll be insane by the time this thing is done~ Oh and btw, what do you all think of the color of the ropey things that hold the bones? Right now it's a purpley maroon color, but I'm not so sure that it's the best choice. Right now I am leaving it because I don't feel like fixing it, as I don't have any idea of what else to paint them (and there are other spots on the mini that have these, so I better decide now before I paint them all). Thanks!
    Last edited by Elly3438; 08-19-2012 at 10:00 PM.
    My Rank -

Looking good! I like the maroon color and think it'll look better when the blue gems are all done. You could always tint it ever so slightly towards the orange side, but you already have yellows from the gold.
    " This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!! " - Supervike

My Website - http://www.miniature-studio.com/

wow your NMM is just amazing!

tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

Clean & sharp, great colours - Top painting!
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg