Elly's WIP - Page 24
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Elly's WIP

I wasn't gonna bother with posting these, but here goes... only a few hours work - painting quickly (which is 5-6 hours of work so far - that's fast for me! LOL) or I'll never finish the set hehe Tried a new technique with the NMM silver - I know I'm happy with the results! I never was quite 100% happy with my silver NMM in the past, unless it was on something super shiny. Anyhoo... taken with my phone so not the best pic:

My Rank -

Looking good, I wwish I was close to your skills really good work in this thread.
    Last edited by Kretcher; 02-24-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Great pics! Models turned out amazing

I like the vivid/clear red of the Termie's armor. I don't often (never ever) basecoat with white myself, so I am scared of such schemes, but I like this. Any chance you could share your color choices? and also, do you airbrush the white base color?

was it something I said.....?

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    was it something I said.....?
    Nah, poor Elly is just a busy guy, chances are he missed your last question. I will try to get his attention.

Yeah - he just recently moved. The painting space is up, and he's got some projects in the pipe. So I'm sure we'll get more stuff soon
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

I like the shiny red but are there any highlights/shadings on the guy yet?
    ah and... I dislike the pinkish diamond on the left shoulder.. it looks... wrong somehow :-(
    I´m not evil... you are just weak!

If the traitor raises his hand, he strikes with the power of legion!
    (Horus, Warmaster)

Sorry Griffin - I'll shoot you a PM this weekend when I have some time (at work atm)... like Tryst was saying - I've been so busy between buying a house, work, and other life things so I haven't been around to post anything...

Warpedpath- yeah I see what you mean... it looks like a pink blob on his shoulder. I was going for the purple gemstone look in the rulebook because I just wanted to paint him up quick...

and as for the pipe... Fat King Robert from Dark Sword is in the works for GenCon
    My Rank -

Pff a likely story Jeff .
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

No problem at all. Happy to hear from you Elly. Hope things are going well in the homebuying front. Thanks also Chad for your reply.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    No problem at all. Happy to hear from you Elly. Hope things are going well in the homebuying front. Thanks also Chad for your reply.
    No worries, pal. Only a few of us have the key to the Bowden Signal, so we do what we can.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyChad View Post
    No worries, pal. Only a few of us have the key to the Bowden Signal, so we do what we can.
    Woot I feel special now!!
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

Finally - an update! I took a week off work - mainly because work was getting too stressful and I needed a breather, but also to prepare the room for our upcoming baby girl, and also to break some video game habits and replace them with painting again. So I have resurrected the Sphinx! I want to finish him (and a few other things) for Crystal Brush 2014. Got a few things done it last night:

Griffin - back to your question of the reds on the termie (finally) - it's a basic Blood Angels color theme. Based with blood red mixed with a little Dark Flesh, worked down to Dark Flesh mixed with a little green, then worked up to pure Blood Angels Red, then highlighting by adding in a touch of Blazing Orange, then working up with Vomit Brown and maybe adding in a touch of white to the mix for certain edge highlights.

Anyways, gonna be using this thread mainly as a log to track my progress and hopefully complete some minis in the upcoming months! Though it will be tough when the baby comes in December
    My Rank -

That is beautiful! Looking forward to the finished sphinx.

Wow. As to the baby: (Please don't judge me) I wore a hot sling when the agent of chaos was born and that left my hands free to hobby, clean and whatnot while keeping her warm and cozy next to dad. I swear, I didn't use her forehead as a wet palette (not on purpose anyway).
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Excellent, I have been hoping you would start on this guy again.

Thread necromancy on Halloween? It's like it was planned...
    At least there's paint being slung. That's all I care about.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Man I love the look of that sphinx. Can't wait to sere the finished result and congrats on the impending birth!

Zach

Congrats on the coming birth and good to see some paint coming from you.