Elly's WIP - Page 25
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Elly's WIP

Thanks all! It's good to be back at it again

Zab - No judging here - I plan to do the same actually! Strap baby in and it leaves your hands free to do other things...
    My Rank -

Good to see you back at it. The NMM blackish silver(tm) is superb! And of course, many congratulations on moving house and on the incoming baby. From personal experience, I'd like to reassure you that a new baby isn't the barrier to painting one might expect. Give him/her a year or so to really start causing trouble. It's when they get mobile that the problems really ​start...
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Hmmm, Elly..... you have a name that is similar to a guy I know. But that guy retired.

Finally have an update! Well over the last month we had the baby shower, so I had a ton of stuff to put together and finish up for the coming of the baby. I've got her room 100% done and we are just waiting for her to arrive now! Then, last week I was playing basketball and I fractured my finger >< So after wearing an uncomfortable temporary splint for awhile I got a nice removable one - so I was able to use the finger straps the doc gave me and have been attempting to try to paint again. Managed to get some progress on the Space Hulk termie - almost done with the body and ready to get to the arm soon. I think I have gotten used to painting like this so I will probably be back on the sphinx this weekend
    Anyways here is a pic of my ailing brush hand ><

And a couple of the termie:

Hopefully have more updates this weekend! (unless the baby comes by then)
    My Rank -

You're banned from basketball.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

yeah, painters shouldnt do sport at all it seems. my polish friend loler recently broke his hand really bad playing volleyball. avoid such activity!

looking forward for some sphinx updates soon, that one is a killer

oh and hoping for a smooth delivery of the baby then
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Ouch!, hope the hand dont effect the painting too much. Termy looking very sharp.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

I once smashed my fingers so bad skateboarding that I had to have my hand in a cast that looked like a claw. It was awesome, kinda. Wow that termie looks great! So how many new swear words did you invent assembling the crib? So much rage goes into the construction of those things that you feel like pulling a Cass when they grow out of it!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

So you are a lefty? Maybe that explains it ...

Keep up the good work. I am thinking about going to adeptacon also so you need to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    I once smashed my fingers so bad skateboarding that I had to have my hand in a cast that looked like a claw. It was awesome, kinda. Wow that termie looks great! So how many new swear words did you invent assembling the crib? So much rage goes into the construction of those things that you feel like pulling a Cass when they grow out of it!
    Yeah the crib was a pain for sure! I was like who engineers this crap? But the worst part was breaking down boxes for recycling for weeks ><

Brice - that would awesome if you made it for Adepticon!

And yeah I should retire from basketball... though it's just so much fun when I'm not getting sidelined with injuries lol
    My Rank -

Mother of God, he's back! Good getting to see you and Whitney recently. You left your tupperware at our place, so another meet up must be done to rectify this. It's good to see the Sphinx come back out of limbo! I'll admit I was doing some staring at the baby shower. We've gotta all get back together at Adepticon this year for sure.

The terminator is looking awesome and it's proof that your competition will need to take more drastic measures than break your hand to keep you from winning painting contests now that you're back in the game.

Happy 2014 everyone!
    So I have a few updates... first, I painted the most perfect miniature - it only took 9 months and many hours, but it's definitely my best yet! Finished on December 20th, here is Cordelia:

Since the past few months have been soooo crazy I haven't had much time to paint, but now since the little love nugget is finally here and things are settled, I have been able to make progress on the sphinx over the past couple of days... nmm, nmm, and more nmm... I had to rip off the little wings to get behind them as it was near impossible to paint that stuff.. had a little mishap on the other side but nothing a little green stuff can't handle.... hoping to complete the head dress within the next week, as I need to make progress very quickly to make it by Adepticon...

Here's to a fruitful 2014 my friends!
    My Rank -

Congrats...that first "mini" has the most realistic skin tones i have seen from you! Lol

Congrat for the baby! And the very clean paint.

Congrats

Very good painting sir, real smooth and sharp.
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Congrats. You should have about 8-12 months before the little one is mobile and then it gets real hairy (and even more fun)! The sphinx is kinda cute too, but it's distant second :P
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Quote Originally Posted by KruleBear View Post
    Congrats...that first "mini" has the most realistic skin tones i have seen from you! Lol
    Well, that's just evil, Krule.

Congrats, Elly!

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Congrats. You should have about 8-12 months before the little one is mobile and then it gets real hairy (and even more fun)! The sphinx is kinda cute too, but it's distant second :P
    Amen to that, i last week is the first painting i have done since he started crawling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainnst View Post
    Well, that's just evil, Krule.

Congrats, Elly!
    Just Krule!

congrats Elly!
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Thanks all! Yeah those skin tones are definitely waaaay better than my previous work... don't forget about all the work I put into the hair too
    My Rank -