Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Elly's WIP

Home of the Meat Tornado MightyChad's Avatar
    That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIRA View Post
    Is that metallics or non-metallics? If its metallic, very nicely done! If its non-metallics...WOW!
    ...meh... it's okay, I guess.

thats one spiffy looking grey knight!

-Matt
    My website: www.msterbenz.com
    My ETSY shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mattsterbenz
    My miniature painting blog: http://mattsterbenz.blogspot.com/
    My oil painting blog: http://msterbenz.blogspot.com

Sooo this week I finished up Grima Wormtongue - all he needs is his base to be finished up (waiting right now for some stuff to dry). I had to really experiment to get his skin color just right, and the black is subtly shaded but I tried to make it more dynamic. I'll have official pics up soon, but for now, here he is:
    My Rank -

Man, really amazing job there. Love the black ( wish i could get my black to work that well) and the skin is great too really brings out the sickly pale aspect to him.

Long have you haunted my sister....

That looks awesome, sir.

Bump!
    We need an update, even im painting more then you right now lol.

Shakes.

Well, shakes is on my list, now. I was so excited when I saw this thread on the front page, now I am angry that it wasn't an actual update. I have emotional whiplash...

what chad said!

Thats grey knight might be one of the best caes of NMM i've ever seen! Can you please tell me what colours you used?

I feel your pain, if our places had been reversed I believe I would feel exactly as you do. Sorry chad on the flip side guess how I felt this morning when after leaving that comment I saw the thread had been updated! I was so excited lol.

Shakes

Quote Originally Posted by shakes View Post
    I feel your pain, if our places had been reversed I believe I would feel exactly as you do. Sorry chad on the flip side guess how I felt this morning when after leaving that comment I saw the thread had been updated! I was so excited lol.

Shakes

Well, that's what you get!

fake and gay

sorry, but i had to^^

yyyyYYYyYYyYYYEEEAAARRRGGGH!!!!!!

I am back - with a vengeance! Not really, but I am back after a several month hiatus. Turns out I got an internship in November, which has turned into an almost full time job while attending school. So yeah, I haven't had ANY time for painting these days... but now, after finishing up some side projects and freeing up some time, I am geared up and ready to get something ready for competition this year!

I will be finishing the Sphinx, the GK, and will be working on a High Elf/Black Orc duel as my main projects for GD. I will also be painting Teebeard for fun, and who knows he may end up in the mix as well. We shall see. So no too over-complicated works this year, and then afterwards I intend to try and get my previous dio idea started for next year's Crystal Brush.

Speaking of that, anyone attending Crystal Brush this year? I'll be going to check out the entries and hang out with people, which will be fun!

You're alive? Great! I cannot wait to see the Pansy vs Black Orc, duel!

Hey Elly - welcome back! It's strange how the no-time-to-paint hit all of us at once. I too have been out because of a job sucking up all of my time but that too is over now so I'm jumping back into painting.

I wish I could go to adepticon this year but I'm planning on ReaperCon, GD, and ArtistCon. It will be great to see you guys at Chicago. Talked to Trystan the other day and he says he's working on coming back too.

Can't wait to see the diorama and Grima looks fantastic!

Grrrrr all those *bleeping* american cons, why are they so *bleeping* far away.

Not much of that sort here in denmark....sits in corner aaaallllll alone....
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

No, no, no. Nobody in the real world dislikes any of these models. Some people just pretend to, to be cool, but that's just whining. It's impossible to actually dislike anything made by Games Workshop... indifference is the worst possible response.

Pansy vs orc LOL yeah Trystan is getting back in the painting game as well - hope to see him posting on here again soon! (I think it's been since September for him ><)

Good to see you back in the saddle, Jeff. I've been waylaid on the painting track as well for numerous reasons, the latest and truly only selfish one being Mass Effect 3. We should get the band back together at Adepticon to plot and scheme over Games Day shenanigans. Maybe I can finish a warjack in time for Crystal Brush this year, that'd be fun.

Please can we see some of the latest work on the Necrosphinx? please please please..? :-)