Critique the Boss

Thread: Critique the Boss

Default Critique the Boss

Hey gang,
    This is the Warboss for my 40k army. He turned out well enough that I would like to put a little more time and effort into his paintjob and take him from table top quality to show quality. I have now delusions of winning a demon or anything like that. I'm smiply aiming for a personal best. I've taken him as far as I can with my own skills, now I'm curious what suggestions you all have for me on how to improve him....

so what do you see?

Thanks for taking the time and looking!

Vote?
    http://coolminiornot.com/246764
    Last edited by pez5767; 03-30-2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: update link
    WARNING: Painting all of your miniatures may lead to death.

"There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch... and kill some zombies."

its very good. for painting orcs i think the best folks to look up would be skelettets, uberdark or shawn rl they know how to paint da orcs.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Thanks for the tip cassar. I've seen their work, and I agree, those are some world class orks.

That being said, I'm looking for critiques on what will make this model better.

Anyone?

"There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch... and kill some zombies."

a little heavy on the wash in someplaces and pants could use a touch more love (whos pants couldnt though )
    but looks right proper
    Now doing commissions! PM me for details.
    wanted: any plastic models from the screamingbell/Plague furnace. PM if you have any.

hey pez! really nice orkboss there, i think you got a good recepie for the skin! the horned helmet also very good.

the "lower region" look a bit rushed though, im thinking about the trousers which look rater poor blended in comparison to the rest of the mini. also, to take this mini to the "next level" id say more colour variation, right now it seems basecoated (BC), highlighted with lighter BC, shaded with darker BC, but you can use lots of other colours both in the highlight and shading, thats why orks are so fun to paint, just improvise! scaly green/purple/turquoise are some examples you can use shading the mini. also, more battledamage wouldnt hurt ive got a litte step by step here if interrested, using masking fluid.

keep on orking!

COG and SkeletteS:

Thanks so much for the feedback. I'll go mess around with my orks pants and see where that gets me. (Wait... that didn't come out right.)

Is it possible to do enough battle damage on an orK? Now that I'm looking at the pic. his ax does seem a bit too clean.... damage it is.

Thank you again, this is exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for.

Pez good work so far. I agree a bit more color breaking it up. Things like the space marine helmet is currently the same color as the ork.
    I would make it different. Something like maybe a Blood Angles helm (red) Ultra Marines helm (blue) or Salamanders or Dark Angles helm (green)

Maybe some blood on the axe.

Pics of the back of the mini might help also.

Tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno