West Coast Mathieu Fontaine Workshop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: West Coast Mathieu Fontaine Workshop

Default West Coast Mathieu Fontaine Workshop

I'm currently working with Mathieu Fontaine to instruct a two day workshop here in the Bay Area. The dates currently set are July 10th-11th from 9am-9pm on Saturday, and 9am-6pm on Sunday. Location will be at the Alamo GW store. Price currently is $110 Which is quite a deal IMO. We currently have space for 20 students. You can post here with any questions, or feel free to email me directly at dshavers@pixar.com

-David

List so far..

1.David (myself) -------Paid
    2. Matt
    3. Lance (clover) ---Paid
    4. Bill (Teef) ---Paid
    5. Dr Ew ----(Paid)
    6. occius (Josh) ---Paid
    7. Cocanour (Brice) ------Paid
    8. mxrcr23r (Caleb) ------Paid
    9. Snowball (Wayne) ----Paid
    10. Raymond (Bill's son) ---Paid
    11. Michael Hammett -------Paid
    12. Vlad Feyershteyn ---Paid
    13. Justin (Paid)
    14 Brad (Paid)
    15. Ben Snyder (Paying at workshop)
    Last edited by dshavers; 07-08-2010 at 04:49 AM.

Does Mathieu = akaranseth?

Yes that is indeed correct.

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Does Mathieu = akaranseth?

Good evening everyone! I am really happy to work with dshavers in order to have a Painting Masterclass in the California Bay Area (San Francisco and around...)

So!

When: July 10 & 11

Where: TBD but most likely in Oakland

Cost: 110$

Number of places: 20

Figurine: GW Ogre Bulls

What is a painting masterclass?It is an intensive class on painting figurines over 2 days. Every techniques and theoretical concepts are covered from the undercoat to perfect blending passing by zenithal lighting.

The imposed figurine will allow every student to have plenty of time to explore the principal areas of painting: clothing, skin, the face and metallics. In term of theory, zenithal lighting, composition, color theory and base conception will be explored giving every students a complete understanding of the theoretical concepts to maximise the impact of his or her miniature.

The class is over 2 intensive days, saturday and sunday. Saturday starts at 9 am and last until 9 pm and sunday goes from 9am to 6 pm.

The class is open to every level of painters. Whether you are holding a brush for the first time or you have painted hundreds of models for your armies everyone will benefit from this class. Each students will receive the same technical and theoretical information but the follow up is totally personalised and 1 on 1. Every student will be pushed to the maximum of his or her abilities in order to make sure that everyone get the maximum out of this experience. So whether you are an army painter that want to know how to have better results on its favorite model or you are the painter that dream about a Golden Demon this class is for you.

We have space for 20 students so make sure you reserve your spot quickly. For more information or to register you can contact the organizer of the event: David Shavers at dshavers@pixar.com or me.

The location where the class will be held will be revealed shortly as soon as we have a confirmation.

Count me in!

-Scott

yep-yep, count me in as well

-Jimmie

Thanks everyone. Please Read the Update at the top.

Default Another student for the list

teeef would like to participate. That weekend is clear and I can make any spot in the area. looking forward to it.

David I contacted you earlier via email so you have my contact info.

Although it adds cost Endgame does have a large area to use. But I am fine with whatever works. As soon as you need a deposit let me know.

Got you down Will. Thanks for your interest. Don't worry about any kind of payment or deposit just yet. Once we get closer to the date, and if I feel like we are going to hit our minium mark, then I'll start working on payment details. If you have any questions of what to expect, don't hesitate to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by TRay View Post
    teeef would like to participate. That weekend is clear and I can make any spot in the area. looking forward to it.

David I contacted you earlier via email so you have my contact info.

Although it adds cost Endgame does have a large area to use. But I am fine with whatever works. As soon as you need a deposit let me know.

We now have an official location. Workshop will now be held at the Alamo GW store. Price is still the same at $110

misterjustin here - officially chiming in to register.

Researching places to stay since I'd be coming from Seattle, WA but definitely interested in this. Thanks for putting in the work to organize this. Definitely not enough things like this in our neck of the woods it seems.

Would the Alamo store be willing to do any advertising for this? At least let you put out a flyer or something. Alamo is a very affluent area so that might help us to get to our minimum headcount.

Got you down Justin!

Quote Originally Posted by misterjustin View Post
    misterjustin here - officially chiming in to register.

Great man, just let me know if you need any assistance. It's my pleasure to get this going!

Quote Originally Posted by Scherdy View Post
    Researching places to stay since I'd be coming from Seattle, WA but definitely interested in this. Thanks for putting in the work to organize this. Definitely not enough things like this in our neck of the woods it seems.

I spoke with the manager a few weeks ago about that, and he was fine with us advertising at the store. Just have to find the time to get something made.

Newbie, please be gentle Dr. Ew's Avatar

I am definitely interested as well.

Red face

Got you down. Thanks for your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ew View Post
    I am definitely interested as well.

I would love to attend. Count me in!
    WARNING: Painting all of your miniatures may lead to death.

"There comes a day in every man's life when he has to get off the couch... and kill some zombies."