SkelettetS wip
Page 1 of 229 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: SkelettetS wip

Default SkelettetS wip

hi folks really miss having my own wip so here i come! after finishing the greenskins (well almost at least, still waiting for that water effect to arrive) and that corny Vladar now here come the real men! starting off with dragonbloods elephant-ogre which imo is so cool its almost scary lol.

...started out with the most boring stuff, the base

and here's the man himself. only painted the head so far. (btw he's 54mm)
    i do think that after auto leveling these pictures they turned out a littlebit too violet than irl, have in mind...

suggestions? criticism? praise?
    Last edited by Avelorn; 05-25-2010 at 03:32 PM.

whats the brambles made from? the base is very good so far (epic as usual). the elephant, emmmm not your fault, but the lumps on its head look like teats (tithead) springs to mind i would cut em off.
    you are far too good a painter its just so depressing, i just feel like throwing the towel in...hrummpfh (said with humpy facial expression).

oh the eye is fantastic by the way
    Last edited by cassar; 04-12-2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: missed the eye first time round
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

That's a very cool project. The base is pretty good. For the elephant, I just suggest you to add 2 or 3 little point of white on the trunk.

I think the armor needs a bit more work, it lacks dept. Try adding a wash or two! The legs look a bit too white, but maybe it's just the photo. Also some nice blending on the tusks would be in place. Other than that it looks ok.;P

Sorry, aint got nothing to add:P Except that it's looking awesome as usual Perhaps though! What about some purple in the shading on the skin? I was expecting it when I first looked at it, because I took note of its absence.

The base is just top notch, top notch!

u should have started a WIP forum for the base alone because it is so lovely

thanks guys! the base went off in just like that so no wip there! glad you like it anyway, i dont think bases is my strong point really. oh the branches at the base are made from stuff inside sweet tamarins kindly donated by my gf
    id never seen them before but nice stuff. i didnt like the fruit that much though hehe

lol cassar, teats... i believe you are right, they dont look all that hot but well, i think they have to stay, they dont bother me that much. thanks about the eyes, i nailed it first time! maybe i actually have developed some skill?

thanks pate, ill try to keep your wonderful tips&hints in mind
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 04-13-2010 at 05:43 AM.

Np skel, you know you couldn't cope without it On another note, I'm really almost done with the dread now I think I might actually really finish it today. Just got the metal on the legs left Hopefully there'll be som pics later.

**edit**
    Jesus christ, just noticed there are three in that text. I really need to stop abusing smileys...
    Last edited by pate; 04-13-2010 at 03:14 AM.

looking forward to see it, it look neat so far! but you know if you use the forbidden colour combo im going to like chop your head off, right?

...im still amused by sand-arne... moahaha

Haha, don't worry! I'm right on the edge;D

Back from travels, another subscribed thread I love the base of course and looking forward to see progress on paint

hmmm... slightly dissappointed, but only because i hoped to see GW ogres done by a master. i really love those ogres... i suppose i was surprised, rather than disappointed really, to find and elephant man in stead... cool work though, really ace base (i made a rhyme!) and i like the skin.

could you try a GW Ogre once?

my general opinion of the common electric guitar:
    it has two strings too many.

Hello mr.Krinkle, how are you today?

If i had a nickle everytime i made something look bad, i'd be making money in a very strange way!

Nice work Skel, as per usual Did the whole (non-wood) base come with the mini or just the door or is it all scratch built?

Tamarins look to have been a useful discovery A friend of mine is just in the process of trying to improve his basing. Like me he used to just paint the slotta a flat colour, me black, him green. He's been using the remains of a coconut from Christmas of late to quite impressive effect. Originally the pieces he was using were a bit big but his latest go had far smaller chips of shell, milliput to fill & coconut hair as flora. Good results, if he'd just slow down from churning out 5-10 figures per session & put a bit more time in they'd be very nice pieces indeed. My jealousy as to his speed is tempered by not wanting his quite serious shakes though!

The Ele-Ogre is coming on nicely. My monitor is giving me plenty of purple/violet tones. The eye is top notch. I'm unsure about the head bumps, both in terms of the sculpt & the paint, they don't look quite finished, top them off to pink perhaps?

Do you base your metals with Mithril Silver? That's a very bright looking under layer (although I appreciate that's how you tend to paint after seeing that day-glo green basecoat on your Grots).

More step-by-step pics if you can afford the time please

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

oh, btw. what is the forbidden colour combo?

my general opinion of the common electric guitar:
    it has two strings too many.

Hello mr.Krinkle, how are you today?

If i had a nickle everytime i made something look bad, i'd be making money in a very strange way!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuun View Post
    oh, btw. what is the forbidden colour combo?
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/240162 that's the forbidden colorcombo:P

Quote Originally Posted by pate View Post
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/240162 that's the forbidden colorcombo:P
    i know now why you have the shades on, thats busy busy busy.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

tanks folkes.

@lynn, pate, cassar: lol yep thats the forbidden combo, bright blue/yellow/red/green in one piece, thats pate's fav colourscheme, totally impossible

@lynn: sorry to disapoint ya, but im not closing any doors for the GW's ogres in the future. ive always wanted to paint a butcher!

@bpi: the base with the door was in the kit yep. much appreciated i might add head bumps yeah ive added a purple touch now, although i want to keep them rather discreet. if i had to start over i probably would remove them but now they are there... oh and the basecoat of the metallics are boltgun metal, which i always use for BC when painting tmm.
    i will try to make more wip shots, i tend to forget it though...
    coconut you say... have to check that
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 04-14-2010 at 04:06 AM.

suggestions? criticism? praise?
    *praise*
    I'm loving it again. Maybe some more color into the skin like you did with the orcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    i prefer to get two miniatures and rub them around on my gaming bobos.
    Totally going for #1 -->

The base is lovely. Just submit that with the title "ghost on barn door", and you're sure to score above 8.

Blog Entries

The base is fantastic, I m looking forward to seeing this guy finished!!

dfb

update time #2
    well you have to figure out for yourselfs which parts that are done and whats not dont actually know if im totally satisfied.. thought id never say it but.... i miss my orks!
    ...and goddamn the auto level killed off almost all contrast of the metal parts!

cheers!