SkelettetS wip

Thread: SkelettetS wip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SkelettetS wip

hi folks really miss having my own wip so here i come! after finishing the greenskins (well almost at least, still waiting for that water effect to arrive) and that corny Vladar now here come the real men! starting off with dragonbloods elephant-ogre which imo is so cool its almost scary lol.

...started out with the most boring stuff, the base

and here's the man himself. only painted the head so far. (btw he's 54mm)
    i do think that after auto leveling these pictures they turned out a littlebit too violet than irl, have in mind...

suggestions? criticism? praise?
    Last edited by Avelorn; 05-25-2010 at 04:32 PM.

whats the brambles made from? the base is very good so far (epic as usual). the elephant, emmmm not your fault, but the lumps on its head look like teats (tithead) springs to mind i would cut em off.
    you are far too good a painter its just so depressing, i just feel like throwing the towel in...hrummpfh (said with humpy facial expression).

oh the eye is fantastic by the way
    Last edited by cassar; 04-12-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: missed the eye first time round
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

That's a very cool project. The base is pretty good. For the elephant, I just suggest you to add 2 or 3 little point of white on the trunk.

I think the armor needs a bit more work, it lacks dept. Try adding a wash or two! The legs look a bit too white, but maybe it's just the photo. Also some nice blending on the tusks would be in place. Other than that it looks ok.;P

Sorry, aint got nothing to add:P Except that it's looking awesome as usual Perhaps though! What about some purple in the shading on the skin? I was expecting it when I first looked at it, because I took note of its absence.

The base is just top notch, top notch!

u should have started a WIP forum for the base alone because it is so lovely

thanks guys! the base went off in just like that so no wip there! glad you like it anyway, i dont think bases is my strong point really. oh the branches at the base are made from stuff inside sweet tamarins kindly donated by my gf
    id never seen them before but nice stuff. i didnt like the fruit that much though hehe

lol cassar, teats... i believe you are right, they dont look all that hot but well, i think they have to stay, they dont bother me that much. thanks about the eyes, i nailed it first time! maybe i actually have developed some skill?

thanks pate, ill try to keep your wonderful tips&hints in mind
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 04-13-2010 at 06:43 AM.

Np skel, you know you couldn't cope without it On another note, I'm really almost done with the dread now I think I might actually really finish it today. Just got the metal on the legs left Hopefully there'll be som pics later.

**edit**
    Jesus christ, just noticed there are three in that text. I really need to stop abusing smileys...
    Last edited by pate; 04-13-2010 at 04:14 AM.