SkelettetS wip - Page 77
Page 77 of 230 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 4582

Thread: SkelettetS wip

blast it!, 'damn you cold, damn you all to hell' ;(
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Have to admit I wasnt too keen on the SENMM to start with but i'm slowly coming around to it. Love the chrome looking seal on the leg. Cant wait to see it as a whole

The cold is a plague from Nurgle, because you went to the smurf side of the might - atleast for now!

I was like: Oh, the torso really looks cool in SENMM, then i saw the first leg and I was like: OOOOUHHHHHHH DAMN NICE!

Keep it up!

thanks well, papa nurgle hold me in a firm grip right now, i suspect he's pretty mad of my ultramar treachery. really this time im ready to hoist the white flag. just...ouch!

...fortunately, i seems to have been rewarded by the gods of the smurf! i just won the black reach box at the mastermini "lottery". lots of new ultramarines to paint. d'oh!
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

some minimal progress... first leg, almost done. ill add some MIG oil stain mix to it later.

*sniff sniff*
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Really like this change of pace for you.

cheers! not a change of pace really, more a glitch in the system
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Geez Skel - ususally I'm not a huge fan of SENMM, as it's hard to get the actual appearance of chrome and not just a painted horizon, but you managed to pull it off.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

thanks trystan! looking at these photos make me realize some corrections need to be made, but overall im happy with the effect

if anyone have ideas of freehand patterns ill be happy for some, as one of the promises was to include a somewhat advanced freehand somewhere (i suppose shoulderpad/s). i really want something more than just an eagle or an "U" but google images gave me not much inspiration...
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

Well knowing the space marines, and their reverence for ancient tech (since fluff says they've lost the ability to produce new advanced stuff), a suitably adapted religious mural would be right at home. Like something out of an illuminated manuscript or such.

Something like this:

Just change the text to blah blah ultramar blah emperor, and change the dude to a techpriest or something.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Depends how true to fluff you wanna be I guess. Some sort of nod to the battles they had in the heresy with the word bearers or post heresy tyranids could be cool.Where you thinking of a pattern type thing or more of a actual picture if you catch my meaning?

well my idea is perhaps the U symbol embraced with imagery, something dealing with the tyranid wars would be cool! i want to be 100% true to fluff
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

quality work Skel but you might run into trouble when adding weathering/oil etc - it might deaden the nmm effect so be careful.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    well my idea is perhaps the U symbol embraced with imagery, something dealing with the tyranid wars would be cool! i want to be 100% true to fluff
    Well, if your staying 100% true to fluff then the nids are out as that pattern of dread was only around in the 30k days before any of the nid stuff happened. I dont know how much you know about the fluff but in the heresy era the main battles involving the smurfs were against the word bearers and a smaller engagement against the alpha legion. The Word bearers, i'm not too clued up on details tbh, were a puritanical bunch and i cant really think of much imagery beyond books and so on so having something involving that might look a bit nazi book burner which isnt really a good look. So, I would lean towards a nod to the alpha legion engagement. In this the ultramarine primarch (Possibly) killed on of the primarch twins that lead the Alphas. With the Alpha having a hydra as a emblem maybe a image of a hydra having its head severed could look cool? This could be done realisticly or it seems to me it would lend itself well to a stylised image too.
    Sorry for big rant but hope it was at least a little helpful.
    I'll let you know if anything else pops into mind

thanks for input - both of you!

well, the nids are out then, ill be damned. ill think about the hydra thing, could be cool. thanks paintgeek! i know absoulte zero about fluff
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

No prob. Was perfect timing really as i have recently been reading the heresy book from black library. I'm on the Ultras one at the min so if anything interesting pops up in that i'll let you know (Normally average a book every 2 days so shouldn't take long).

If you're keeping him purely to the Heresy period, perhaps something from the Purge of Nuceria might provide some inspiration - a two on one fight between the Word Bearers, World Eaters, and a smaller force of Ultramarines looking for vengeance (it's during this battle that three of the Primarchs - the templates for the space marines - meet in a massive brother vs. brother fight). Or as secretpaintgeek has suggested, some scuffles with the Alpha Legion. Most of their artwork tends to be very gothic and illuminated as Trystan pointed out.
    If you want to bring it forward a bit into the more recent, 40k time frame - some of this pattern of dreadnought still exist in this time frame, though they are very rare (I believe that a chapter as proficient as the Ultramarines would probably be able to maintain a few that long) - then the Tyrannic wars seem as good a topic as any.
    Other than those periods of history, the Ultramarines tend to have Roman sounding names and a great deal of their iconography draws from this also. Laurels, roman numerals, imperial eagle etc. They maintain a small empire of sorts (Ultramar - original no?) within the Imperium of Man itself, were the 13th legion to be founded and are pretty much the template all other chapters are meant to follow (though no ones seems to) being generally noble, skilled and proficient in all things military.
    Ooorrrr, the chassis and/or occupant could be truly ancient and you could depict a true gamut of history ranging from 30k to 40k...which could be interesting.
    Hope that helps.

Either way, a stunning paint job to date and the very best SENMM i have ever seen on a miniature - nothing even comes close.

Damn skels, avoid the fluff, you dont wanna get stuck

thanks for inspiration guys, lets see if i can make anything out of this...

hey ischa, its my one in a lifetime space marine (or is it?....) so i better get everything right!
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

Instagram

watching the eurovision? i would sure like to see some more, if they look like this!