SkelettetS wip - Page 99
Page 99 of 229 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4565

Thread: SkelettetS wip

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    first and last historical i think, as i really enjoy to go nuts with colors. no such thing here.
    Really impressive work! I hope he makes it to euro safely. It's a really great standout piece with that fantastic banner.

Speaking as someone who paints historicals, I hope this isn't truly your last. Maybe at some point you'll do another. If you want to go nuts with colors how about painting a landsknecht?

cheers friends, thanks!

Bailey, landsknechts are colorful but my main reason for not really digging this is that you cant play with colors the same way (at least not at the same extent.) i can use 10 different glazes for painting a brown shirt when doing fantasy- green, blue, red whatever. it just dont feel applicable at historical stuff. but then perhaps i shoud just not care about that ill probably do more historical in the future i have to admit, at least some cool busts i have collected.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But, I personally would like to see more of the fantasy/sci-fi approach come into the historical figure world. Seeing what all the talented people on coolmini are doing has definitely helped me. So far mostly by pushing my contrast to more extremes. Using glazes of a lot of different colors is still something I'm struggling with, but I'd like to work more of that into my historical figures as well. If all I'm doing is saying this should be brown, so let's just paint it brown the whole thing feels like one of those paint by numbers things instead of art. I'm not saying what is right or wrong, this is just where I'd like my work to go.

That being said, you're always going to have more freedom with fictional figures. Colors, basework, conversions... you can do just about anything you want. And, in the end, you've got to paint what appeals to you. So, yeah, do what you love and I'll be looking forward to seeing the next awesome project you take on.

Blog Entries

excellent stuff sir. As far as using colors for historicals, look at Sang-Eon Lee's work, he goes nuts with colors even when painting white.

Pfft. I´m a bit disappointed by your approach to the bishop tbh. The mini is awesome, don't get me wrong. But I can see how you were limited by some really boring "rules". Screw the rules! Your style of painting is the coolest around, and you should never feel like convention keeps you from putting your personal mark on your OWN miniatures. Same goes for GD this year. You didn't get a statue, sure. but instead, you have a group of minis that is your own, and honestly, some of the coolest around!

Keep painting big, try some more historical, but don't limit yourself! Creative geeks > pedantic geeks!

Please don't be a sellout my tall dark friend=)

Quote Originally Posted by ischa View Post
    Pfft. I´m a bit disappointed by your approach to the bishop tbh. The mini is awesome, don't get me wrong. But I can see how you were limited by some really boring "rules". Screw the rules! Your style of painting is the coolest around, and you should never feel like convention keeps you from putting your personal mark on your OWN miniatures. Same goes for GD this year. You didn't get a statue, sure. but instead, you have a group of minis that is your own, and honestly, some of the coolest around!

Keep painting big, try some more historical, but don't limit yourself! Creative geeks > pedantic geeks!

Where's my "Like" button?
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Quote Originally Posted by ischa View Post

Listen to your friend matey, true words here. Keep your unique, sinister style with excellent contrast and color variations and rumble the historical scene with awesome and refreshingly new paint jobs!

if you still don't really like that bishop feel free to give it away to me. There's always a place in my display cabinet for your awesome work. You know I'll handle them with care like I did with your orks 3 years ago
    War is not about glory - War is about victory!

http://miniaturefairytales.blogspot.co.at

just so we dont get things confused. i still really like the banner of the bishop... so yeah... some empty displays here aswell... yeah...

yeah, ty... i guess this was a tryout to paint it by the book. i am back to basic now

That dude is really looking very good with excellent banner, I do like seeing people take a different direction every now and again too. I'm looking forward to meeting you in a few days time, I know you're hanging with andyg. See you at euro.

Same artist, different styles. If its works for Picasso, it works for Stefan.

Name:  Pablo-Picasso-Painting-Weeping-Woman.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  479.0 KBName:  pp-b4.bmp
Views: 845
Size:  1.05 MB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Same artist, different styles. If its works for Picasso, it works for Stefan.

Name:  Pablo-Picasso-Painting-Weeping-Woman.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  479.0 KBName:  pp-b4.bmp
Views: 845
Size:  1.05 MB
    agree completely with you
    i'd make you a sandwitch, but cannibalism is illegal in my country.
    WIP thread

just some random shots from euromilitaire... awesome weekend special thanks to AndyG and 10ball! unfortunately my smartphone died of low battery at sunday so not much shots. stupid brittish electricity jacks... what happened to EU standards? ;P easily the toughest competition ive been to, awesome stuff.

managed to get a few awards silver to the contemptor (REVENGE! ), bronze to primus death, highly commended to Mr Rhino and the toad. im more than happy about this!

um um back to work...

Yay Skel! I'm happy for you (as well as the other guys who did well at Euro). Some day I hope to run in to you guys at a comp somewhere.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Congratz on the winnings Skelly!

And holy s... There sre more awesome busts there then at a Las Vegas adult entertainment convention ;-)
    The odds of succesfully finishing this miniature is 3720:1

its was fun !!!!!!!!!!!

Name:  ver.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  251.1 KB
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

omg tenball, need to save that one!

...and thanks friends!
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 09-24-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Blog Entries

Congrats sir! I am really bummed I had to miss Euro again this year. I plan on going next year so I hope you will be attending again.

Congratulations on the awards. They are definitely well deserved. Sounds like you all had a great time at euro. I'd like to make it out there one of these years. There are a ton of fantastic entries.

Congrats Skell. That is indeed vindication.