SkelettetS wip - Page 100
Page 100 of 229 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 4565

Thread: SkelettetS wip

really happy to hear this=) that contemptor really deserved to put some more metal in your cabinet man.

Thanks ischa, you know after the axe in germany i was actually sooo close not to take the dread with me to euromilitaire. but yeah, honestly i think so too =) like krulebear wrote, its f*cking cool to feel some vindication, this time in a competition that is 0% about luck and 100% about skill (unlike some another competition...)

Milosh and Bailey, really hope you will make it someday, had been really cool to meet up. this was definitely not my last euromilitaire.
    it is kind of a big investment to travel across the pond though, but i hope to visit some competition in US too someday.

For another sort of celebration, congratz on page 100 on this thread.

/Kretcher
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just catching up on some WIP threads.

Shame to hear about your issues at the Ger:GD. I spoke to a friend up here in Aberdeen who is also one of the 'good painters' we get called, and I bumped into him after the day last year and he was raging, apparently a german guy entered 3 doombull\minotaur things and he has one gold at German GD many times but he didn't even get a finalist at this event and he was just angry that people putting in all this work don't even get recognised as 'in the running'.

I was a bit mixed as my Duel piece that had the farseer and librarian with the lightning got comments all day from people as they were looking at it, not knowing I was the owner saying to their mates 'that's really clever, I love the robes, stands out well' etc, but didn't even get finalist. yet the eagle warrior space marine with a minor bent leg conversion on a standard 25mm base I made in about 4 days got a finalist pin??

So I am a bit worried about this years squad entry as there are some flaws in my stuff, things like slightly rough on one leg and an odd join of a wrist to arm (finecast and repaired as much as possible before breaking the thing or ruining detail.) I am maybe being paranoid as everyone who has seen them say they are very good. I have tried to keep to GW style, i.e. crisp colours, basic shading but with edge highlight, a decent base with a story, not the square sort of block effect I did with duel last time.

I just want to get finalist to know I am still producing good stuff, and any trophies would be amazing, but to come away with nothing after 2 months of work and putting in my all would make wanting to try again a bit hard.

But we will see what sunday brings, you never know, it may just catch the eye for finalist and upon closer look may be considered for something more....or I am going home with lots of FW to cheer me up hehe.

Then its a raven guard successor chapter army

RMA; last year (and iguess years before, but last year was my only uk gd so far) especially the finalist-no finalist was totally upside-down. the load of entries was too massive i guess. i have to say, in germany they do a better job deciding finalists, mainly because there are much fewer entries. ah well, enough talking about stipid german gamesday. i got my revenge thats what matters

yep 100 pages. ill be damned...

well folks not much to share here atm, i am currently finishing off the last horror...

some other news, i am going to the Hussar show in Poland in 2½ weeks, http://hussar.eu/ . Will be interesting as i never been in Poland. Although, this time i see little chance of winning anything - you cant participate with minis that already won gold/silver/brons anywhere else, which getting my choices pretty slim. have to take some from last years batch of minis- toad diorama and rataxes, and these pink horrors. ill do a try to paint a little grot tank also but not shure that will be possible in 2 weeks. anyway will be cool

The horrors look great! Good luck at Hussar. Too bad you can't bring more of your work. That no previous medals rule is pretty strict. I've only seen it applied to related shows, never to all shows.

ty bailey. well not really a fan of that rule even if i understand the meaning of it. as some of the top polish painters paint like one mini/day i can understand there is no problem, but i produce like one each month...

been basebuilding a little, v0,5! this is going to be fun

wrooom wroom

Ha I like it! You should label the plinth vroom vroom too! Maybe some poor grot caked in dirt caught in the spray of mud
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Great start Skel
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

very nice start for a base. I can see another winner coming

Ty folks! not having the time to make funny grots to the tank unfortunately as the show is in two weeks... but this thing shouldnt take that long to paint. just flat surfaces after all. some checks and stripes though

done and done again with the horrors. i guess this make them more unified, and the centerpiece is the horror boss instead of that lousy crap sorcerer lol

never going to paint another of these!

I'm actually a man! Rose Model Art's Avatar
    Blog Entries

These Horrors please me

Lovely stuff Skell, reminds me, I must try my hand at more fantasy stuff.... Salute you say....Euro Militaire you say....hmmmm

As always, great painting work sir. I get absolutely astound by your banners.

Wonderful shading on the horrors I particularly like the lower arms being a more uniform dark shade which makes it more realistic than if the whole thing was shaded with a similar light intensity. Any more work on the grot tank?
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

i like those grot tanks=) whats gonna happen with the top?=)

well pretty much finished the bulk of the tank... not much to say about this i guess... for a 3 day paintjob im more than happy

just started out the turret part of the tank, images will come in a few days hope the ball will keep rolling like this, so i have time to paint a grot in the tank. for now its no extra details as i have tiiiight deadline...

*rubs dirt out of his eyes* What? It's october 2013? How did that happen?
    To jump straight in, great work on that grot tank. that base you're planning looks absolutely brilliant.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Love it so far. The base is amazing too. Can't wait to see it painted up and all together.