SkelettetS wip - Page 126
Page 126 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 4565

Thread: SkelettetS wip

cough : cough : cough : cough : cough : cough : cough : cough : 387 cough : cough : cough : cough
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    ive been off celebrating swedish midsummer last weekend, and now seems to have a cold...

Keep the bloody thing to yourself this time, I've only Just got rid of all that crap off my chest that I picked up from you at Salute and Fran's after you for giving it to me and my passing it to her cos she's still got the bloody cough!
    I know you're generous, but....………
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

What can I say, swedish bugs, they're awesome

okay some wip at least. have, more or less, not been painting anything in a week. cant find time at the moment, which sucks monkeyb*lls.

raw images, not edited at all contrast or colors...

at least the base is finished also so just a sword+shoulderplate and an arm left. and some small stuff i saw zooming these images grrrr
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 06-30-2014 at 02:49 AM.

Well it's looking good despite the lack of time. I do a deal with the Mrs I watch dancing on ice/the voice/ britains got no talent/xfactor/greys anatomy/colon surgery/frontal lobotomy for the masses for an evening (sheer purgatory ) and I get to paint the rest off the week.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

I really like this one Skell. Excellent metals.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    Well it's looking good despite the lack of time. I do a deal with the Mrs I watch dancing on ice/the voice/ britains got no talent/xfactor/greys anatomy/colon surgery/frontal lobotomy for the masses for an evening (sheer purgatory ) and I get to paint the rest off the week.
    I though the first five resulted in the labotomy...at least i got out of watching the bachelor!

Got in trouble this weekend with the wifey. No painting at all

or so she thinks! Ha!! She left to go get some milk from the store and I spot brush primed some areas that needed it. Cuz she's not the boss of me nobody tells me what to do!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post

or so she thinks! Ha!! She left to go get some milk from the store and I spot brush primed some areas that needed it. Cuz she's not the boss of me nobody tells me what to do!!!!!!
    You are so brave your my hero oh by the way is the wife in the room as you type this message BFK? My wife is 5 foot two inches tall and eight stone wet through. I as steff and ten and dragonsreach can attest am 6 foot five and twenty stone; I know who's boss in my house! first its the wife then its my daughter then its my one year old son then its the gold fish and then if I've been good its me.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post

You are so brave your my hero oh by the way is the wife in the room as you type this message BFK? My wife is 5 foot two inches tall and eight stone wet through. I as steff and ten and dragonsreach can attest am 6 foot five and twenty stone; I know who's boss in my house! first its the wife then its my daughter then its my one year old son then its the gold fish and then if I've been good its me.
    Higher up the pecking order than me mate.
    I'm Waaaay after the birds in the garden and cat from across the road.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I know who's boss in my house!
    yeeeeah, although i havent met your wife, just watching you talk to her in the phone was pretty much enough, hahaha

I know who's boss in my house! first its the wife then its my daughter then its my one year old son then its the gold fish and then if I've been good its me.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

My gf has tried painting a mini once, and wants to paint again (she even pointed out a mini at a website that she wanted to try, so I bought it for her). My bonus-daughter has also tried to paint minis and liked it and wanted her own colours and brushes and some minis, which I gave her for her birthday last year.
    On the other hand you have different fingers.

sounds nice! come hell or high water before the mrs paint a miniature, but im eager to push jr into it. that said, if he is anything like me, he'll hate everything i like lol

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    sounds nice! come hell or high water before the mrs paint a miniature, but im eager to push jr into it. that said, if he is anything like me, he'll hate everything i like lol
    Don't push. Wait until he's bored. Then just sit there and paint. Eventually he'll come and ask you what you're doing. That's when you carefully reel him in. Simply say "I'm painting" and show him one or two interesting minis and how cool they are. Make it look easy by saying things like "It's just like a coloring book, but not flat. You just have to colour inside the lines, but that's the hardest part". Then wait for his "Can I try". Don't ask him if he wants to try. The idea needs to mature in his own head. Make sure you have a few detailed minis ready, trimmed and primed (don't make him do the boring parts to begin with) that he can choose one from. Make sure there are plenty of brushes to use, cause he'll ruin a couple in the beginning. Then guide him through the simplest steps, bit by bit, so he gets time to digest each step. Blocking out the base colours. Then a wash (keep it simple), and maybe take before and after pictures so he can see what difference he's creating. Let him decide when each step is done, to some extent. Show him the bare minimums he needs to accomplish, but allow some leeway. Then thirdly show him some simple dry brushing or similar technique, and finally details. Explain that it's not necessary to paint the smallest details, like eyes, the first time since it's so hard.

Finally, it's better to wait until at least about the age of 10 or so. The nervous system isn't fully developed until about age 14, and younger children might have trouble with the motor skills. But that can differ from individual to individual.
    On the other hand you have different fingers.

Nice child psychology there finnpalm.
    Great looking unit there Skelettes, the feather on the leader is huge(wouldn't want to see the chicken that came off !LOL)
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

your worst fear may also come true, he may become a moped crazed "popular kid" who despises us geeky older people and just wants to be like everyone else. hughhh.... sorry for putting that picture in your head mate

you should be happy your wife has any kind of cool hobby tbh, even if she isn't cool enough to paint minis

He will probably think your music taste is lame too, out of principle.
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

it is lame.

what? sorry i dont listen to anyone that have notting hill for favourite film.

built soldier blue number 5 yesterday, ooooh the excitement, ooooooOOOoooh the pure joy.

did a small conversion and put the trumpet on the back instead, to make it possible for him to also carry a greatsword.

photos of the finished champion incomming...

oh and nice read finn