SkelettetS wip - Page 150
Page 150 of 229 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 4565

Thread: SkelettetS wip

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    He's a Dick!
    Arrogant, ignorant and attempting to sell himself as the leader of a "Revolution".
    For once, Dragonsreach and i agree about a british comedian. Brand was real funny with noel fielding in quiz of the year. But his political statements are absolutely horrid. Contemptful, populistic and hate mongering. Ugh...

lovely work on those chaos hounds. I always thought they were particularly nice minis, and would be good for a squad entry. Best of luck with them - I reckon they and their handler suit your style perfectly. The subtle colours really make them interesting. Top stuff
    "Facts are the impregnable bulwark that stands between us and the insidious evil of bullsh*t." - Pikey, over on Nagoyahammer

back from italy and monte show! it was indeed a great event, although to me it didnt really justify the 16h+ one way traveling time together with the pretty high total cost to get there. personally i had equally fun at euromilitaire, duke of bavaria or wh fest for that matter and they are far easier to get to. still a great experiance and nice to see the countryside of italy

no win for me this time which wasnt a surprise, ive been opting my painting far too much agains GD-ish competitons, didnt work at all there. im fine with that!

Quote Originally Posted by finnpalm View Post
    Skel, your dogs are looking great. Looking forward to the whole piece. I was thinking.. When you consider these as a regiment, do you know if GD entries that are regiments must adhere to the game rules for what constitutes a regiment, or is it looser like "regiment equals several minis in a group" or some such?
    the rule state it must be legal in game rules, but that isnt entierly truth. for example lots of people enter and win with regiments that must be 10+ in game, but only 5+ at golden demon. the opposite when it comes to monster infantry which are 3+ in game, must still be 5+ at gd (think they updated that rule two years ago)

as for my dogs and handler, they are all by the rules in the forgeworld book. 1 khornated handler 3-6 dogs.

but i think they aint as fascist as you like to think at GD, i believe much of the "must be leagal in game terms" are most to prevent people to enter a squad of two orks, a space marine, a khorne demon and an inquisitor in the same squad

Um.. so I was looking through old pages of the thread and noticed you wrote this in reply to me, BloodFather.

Actually no. While Space Marine powerarmor is built from plasteel and adamantium, it's encased in a shell of Ceramite, which is a ceramic material.

Skel, your dogs are looking great. Looking forward to the whole piece. I was thinking.. When you consider these as a regiment, do you know if GD entries that are regiments must adhere to the game rules for what constitutes a regiment, or is it looser like "regiment equals several minis in a group" or some such?

Nice. That's what I get for challenging a 40k geek (term used affectionately).
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

yo long time no update, had to dig real good to find my thread unfortunately not much more to show, been playing necromunda and watching too many TV shows lately on my spare time hehe, but i painted the third dog but hmmm he look pretty much the same as the other two so...
    decided to take a break from that project for a little while (no worries, it will be finished. later). figured i have to paint something non-gw befor i begin next years batch of gd entries

picked up this one at monte,

the little buddy is a toad monster from enigma miniatures.

the idea is pretty much the same as for the plague toad i painted a few years ago, to create a pretty massive water base but this time an even more extensive underwater scene with lots of plants and fishes etc. the frog will stand on a water lily leaf like the other toad but it will hopefully be much more dynamic. he will hold a fishing rod instead of a weapon in a supposed to be very warm and harmonic scene. going to be much work with vegetation! down below, progress so far. most of it all will be under water later.

Blog Entries

Nice step-by-step on that base. I guess I understood the concept but seeing these pictures makes it a little more clear to me.

True that, that's one hell of a base building project. Out of curiosity, did you cut the panels before or after mounting them?
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Skel I hope your feeling guilty about your lack of painting
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodFather of Kharnath View Post
    Nice. That's what I get for challenging a 40k geek (term used affectionately).
    But I'm not a 40k geek. I'm not even a GW fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    yo long time no update, had to dig real good to find my thread unfortunately not much more to show, been playing necromunda and watching too many TV shows lately on my spare time hehe, but i painted the third dog but hmmm he look pretty much the same as the other two so...
    decided to take a break from that project for a little while (no worries, it will be finished. later). figured i have to paint something non-gw befor i begin next years batch of gd entries

picked up this one at monte,

the little buddy is a toad monster from enigma miniatures.

the idea is pretty much the same as for the plague toad i painted a few years ago, to create a pretty massive water base but this time an even more extensive underwater scene with lots of plants and fishes etc. the frog will stand on a water lily leaf like the other toad but it will hopefully be much more dynamic. he will hold a fishing rod instead of a weapon in a supposed to be very warm and harmonic scene. going to be much work with vegetation! down below, progress so far. most of it all will be under water later.
    So, you're going for humid jungle, or did you mean "warm scene" as in warm colours?
    Last edited by finnpalm; 11-25-2014 at 07:11 AM.
    On the other hand you have different fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    True that, that's one hell of a base building project. Out of curiosity, did you cut the panels before or after mounting them?
    i glued the panels before i cut them. had a few branches i had to compose before the cutting so i had to adapt to them a bit. otherwise, i guess it doesnt matter if you cut them before or after.

Quote Originally Posted by ten ball View Post
    Skel I hope your feeling guilty about your lack of painting
    a little bit. eh i felt a boost after wh fest but monte killed it a bit. i absolutely do not feel gutted as im pretty aware why i failed there, but rather a bit fed up with everything, you know?

But I'm not a 40k geek. I'm not even a GW fan.
    aaahhhhh, aint we all?

So, you're going for humid jungle, or did you mean "warm scene" as in warm colours?
    well, a scene in warm colors. ill try to avoid the darkness my stuff usually ends up in, in a harmonic scene. no blood, gore, skulls or shiny weapons. just a frog out fishing with his pet

What did you use to fill the base with? Plaster of Paris, poly filler? I must start doing my bases at the start so everything blends together nicely.
    Victis hostibus tuis tibi rapitur videre et audire fletum mulierum. (or as near as google can do it!)
    Here be my ranking=
    Here be my gallery http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/AndyG

its the cheapest air drying clay you can find, i think it is paper-clay something. i find it really useful as a filler just because, well, its bloody cheap and as i always build on top of it the quality doesnt really matter

Thanks for showing the stages of base construction. Very informative! This should be an interesting scene. Detailed underwater scenes are always impressive, I can't wait to see what you do.

Well you said you were playing necromunda so I forgive your disappearance. What gang you got? You strike me as a cawdor player base looks great bud and looking forward to see it all together.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-

Cool! Toads are really the new black when it comes to miniatures.

Skel, this is so cool!!! Thanks for sharing, this gives me ton of ideas Thanks!!

thanks all! -time to stop building and start painting soon

Quote Originally Posted by Digganob View Post
    Well you said you were playing necromunda so I forgive your disappearance. What gang you got? You strike me as a cawdor player base looks great bud and looking forward to see it all together.
    no, Cawdor they are my sworn enemy! i play Goliaths of course, as they resemble most with my physical appearance lol. had an awesome game the other day, both gangleaders refused to fail the leadership test like forever so both the gangs were smashed to pieces before it was over, we were pretty tired and frustrated at the end. i finally lost but i think my enemy got the worst of it ending up with head injuries on four of his models, next game will be interesting

i havent played much miniature games before in my life, exept fantasy warriors in the 90s and some X-wing lately, but ive really fallen in love with necromunda. its a shame its discontinued.

Welcome back Skel! Are you going to SBS how you do the water too? I'm super interested how you do that. The entire frog concept sounds Incredible.
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    thanks all! -time to stop building and start painting soon

no, Cawdor they are my sworn enemy! i play Goliaths of course, as they resemble most with my physical appearance lol. had an awesome game the other day, both gangleaders refused to fail the leadership test like forever so both the gangs were smashed to pieces before it was over, we were pretty tired and frustrated at the end. i finally lost but i think my enemy got the worst of it ending up with head injuries on four of his models, next game will be interesting

i havent played much miniature games before in my life, exept fantasy warriors in the 90s and some X-wing lately, but ive really fallen in love with necromunda. its a shame its discontinued.
    It's a shame indeed. I think they could actually bring that game back to life so easily now. GOLIATHS!!! How dare you play such a fruity team. Hahaha. Just don't tell them I said that or they might crush the life out of me with all those muscles. I was an Escher. I mean come on it was an all girl gang and I a nerdy teenager. Haha. Sounds like you did have a fun game. Wish I lived over there so I could play with you.
    My WIP - http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Git-z-WIP-Pit
    "Screw paint by numbers, that garbage is for kids. Paint by BAM, now that's the way to go
    ." -Me-