SkelettetS wip - Page 169
Page 169 of 229 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 4565

Thread: SkelettetS wip

Skel, I am currently "learning TMM." In the instance, as opposed to your Greatswords, I'd guess you started with a black metal base, added a lot of a matt black to kill the shine in a lot of areas, and then Very selectively spot highlighted with a silver. Is this about right?
    ​You are ranked 1 out of 9149 artists.
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

cheers friends!

bloodfather, was just about to throw in the 5th D link but i see you already found it. (i include it anyway, if someone else would like to take a look)
    i usually mix in some ink when i shade metal, to keep it a bit shiney. a faster way would be to start with a darker shade of metal though, on the more recent ogryn i basecoated all metal with scale75 black metal, fasten things up

Love those railings mate
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Canny View Post
    Amazing looking robe, interesting there is not a set shape to the freehand but looks like a pattern enough to make sense to the eye.
    Thinking the same ^^
    And that fence binds it all in the darkness
    I really like it, and the sword change was a nice boost to the mini.

cheers folks

some small update of the duel im working on. ogres right hand attached in just an ordinary brawl position.
    im going to go through all the joints one more time with the dremel. the key is to still be able to separate the two minis while painting, thats why the ogres left hand is not attached to the arm but glued on the orcs face.
    keep in mind they will be tilted backwards the ogre a little.

Looks like the ork is going to kick the ogre in the balls
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill

Like the pose, some full on interaction. And as Ten says does look like he's kicking him in the balls
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Great atmosphere on the LOTR mini I really like the cold colour palette and the duel is off to a great start. I love the interaction between the minis it looks like a really scrappy brawl!

Blog Entries

Great base on the LOTR wraith. I really like how you have enough to set the stage but not so much that it becomes a diorama. I also like how it fits on your plinth. Great stuff! I got to get more Hirst molds!!! For the brawlers maybe you could have a "leaner" dice on the base? Or Pokemon cards spread all over the ground

Really looks like a great composition. It will be interesting to see your approach to painting.

Good job so far skelly! Dynamic looking fight seen. What is that you got there under the Ogres nose? Blood? Boogers?

That would be a muh-stash.

I really think they need to be fighting over the spoils of war, which in their case is normally flesh. But could also be treasure or anything that shines. Best bet would be to tie a dwarf to a spit over some hot coals. Would be an easy conversion because all you need is the head and the boots of the victim, the rest would appear to be wrapped in rope and secured to a stick. Then use some greenstuff to make it appear that Gravity is working on the victim/meal's hair and beard. Paint his skin extra red from the heat, and use water effects to simulate beads of sweat. Just my 2 shillings worth...
    BloodFather's Axis of Chaos http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...f-Chaos/page17

cheers people love all ideas! yeah flunk the "thing" under the nose is mustache, i had to make it a bit larger than original as the orc is going to pull it.

i am moving apartment atm so next update might be a while, like a week or two.

Will be patiently waiting I am a total nerd for your art Stefan, so I sometimes just take the time to review this WIP, because I always find a few things that inspire me and make me want to try something out.

By the way, I've seen a few versions of this mini, and think it screams Skeletette!!!! Obviously reminds me of the LoTR mini. Really looks like a fun, easy to paint mini...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well BoK he have already painted it

http://www.coolminiornot.com/286454?browseid=11815216
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.

Yeah one of my favorite allan carrasco sculpts, love it. Many things I would paint differently today though, might have another go at the mini someday

Quote Originally Posted by Kretcher View Post
    Well BoK he have already painted it

http://www.coolminiornot.com/286454?browseid=11815216
    Duh, lol...I even commented on it...Woops! Well, I know there was a reason I thought he'd like the sculpt. Btw, are those real spider webs? I want some on my current project and so I plan to spin the whole base around in a ton of webs, but just wanted to know if that's the best way to go about it...

Anyway, Skel, good luck with the move and Happy Easter!

SORT IT NOW!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

aye yeee lee, pressure is on heh... i havent painted anything much but i'll try to finish some stuff for salute. the dog squad is practically finished now just need to paint some chains, the frog man is almost done too although i heavily lost interest in the project. water base failed a little, too much airbubbles at the bottom so win or lose ive sawed it in half, in the end it turned out better for composition also, it became a too big block...
    will also find a better plinth for the rat ogre regiment. guess they outgun the greatswords

but yeah, still no pictures. stay tuned

Falls off chair.. .
    that chest plate is amazing along with the belt! its all good but the armor and belt stand out.